The online racing simulator
Is it so bad?
Just tried to play again... The CD key now works (they just blocked it I guess untill the release).

Trying with KB now instead of wheel. It's more fun with KB, but still RUBBISH. It's that I got a copy, won't even buy it. Waste of time.
Quote from RevengeR :I don't think they will release anything that would make it better. They never did in TDU1 at least.

They released some patches, but I can't remember what they fixed actually.
i remember a dolby 5.1 fix, which ruined the experience of those with normal stereo setups..
Try parking on a high point at sunset/sunrise. It's eerie. And beautiful.

Anyone know if you can gift cars?
-
(DevilDare) DELETED by DevilDare
Steam appear to have messed up - EU release date is on Friday, US is today, yet I'm downloading it right now. 14GB download though, 3 hours left.
I got it in 5 file chunks. Now I fixed my framerate, it's fun. I got no clue what car to get besides the Delta I started with. I need several for championships. ><
I've just bought it on Steam, was going to wait to hear more reviews once it came out on friday before buying it. But hey getting it early is worth it haha.

Suck that Virgin media throttle the bloody internet. Was going to be 2hours at 1.2mps but now is 256kbs and 5-6 hours. YEY!
Quote from adamlfs :I've just bought it on Steam, was going to wait to hear more reviews once it came out on friday before buying it. But hey getting it early is worth it haha.

Suck that Virgin media throttle the bloody internet. Was going to be 2hours at 1.2mps but now is 256kbs and 5-6 hours. YEY!

My VM line (ADSL) is running at 600kb/s constant which is about right for my connection. So not sure why you're being throttled.
It's part of Virgin media's traffic management.

http://shop.virginmedia.com/he ... ic-management-policy.html

Basicly 10mb connection will get a limit of 1500MB in the hours of 4PM - 9PM. Break it and u get throttled to 75% for 5hours

EDIT: Just noticed u put VM lol

But also Im fine waiting till tomorrow, gonna leave it over night and I hope it picks up soon. Since im out of the peak hours now.
Very strange, I've downloaded 9GB of it now and still going 600kb/s! I have the L package, so not sure why I'm still going at that speed, not that I'm complaining! Also according to that I should be getting 512kbps upload, mine is currently 1022kbps upload.

The only thing I don't get is the 10meg speeds, due to me being in a block of flats in Nottingham city centre the best I can hope for is 6meg
Typical internets here, started at 1.2 mb/s then slowly wound down to about 400kb/s after a half hour. Shot up to 1.2 mb/s again but its already begun the downward wave again.

Edit: Done downloading!
Tempted to get this, but after playing Just Cause 2 (open world game set in a troipcal island) for a month and a half, I'll just end up wishing I could get out, steal a helicopter and blow shit up.
This is such a bad game, lucky me.. I downloaded it instead of buying.. TDU 1 seemed alot better..
Quote from BigPeBe :They released some patches, but I can't remember what they fixed actually.

Yeah they did, but they didn't actually touch the major bugs. Despite not fixing anything, TDU1 was a great game, and had tons of fun with it online. But this one is a big step backwards
Is it that bad? Is it fun at all?
I though that these guys might just be a bunch of whiny LFSers, but I just had my first go and with a wheel and it is that bad. Have a 60 degree deadzone in the middle of the wheel, then it goes to full lock. Same goes for the brake and probably the gas, but it's pedal to floor anyway. FFB is little more than resistance (the deadzone has no resistance). Ultimately, its just unplayable with a wheel. I'm going to try a joystick tommorow (Yes, a joystick, lulz) and if that doesn't work it's going to be mouse and keyboard.

Not worth playing until they patch it.
I'm quite disappointed by it - was looking forward to something just to have fun on (wasn't bothered by physics), using the gamepad I got the Mustang as my first car and it's very frustrating with the on/off accelerate/brake, soon as the car starts to slide you've lost it due to lack of throttle control, they NEED to fix that bug straight away.
Quote from mr_x :I'm quite disappointed by it - was looking forward to something just to have fun on (wasn't bothered by physics), using the gamepad I got the Mustang as my first car and it's very frustrating with the on/off accelerate/brake, soon as the car starts to slide you've lost it due to lack of throttle control, they NEED to fix that bug straight away.

To add to that, the cars snap straight away when you try to correct the slide with even the slightest of counter steer...
Quote from DevilDare :To add to that, the cars snap straight away when you try to correct the slide with even the slightest of counter steer...

Are you using the interior view? If so, you'd better give the bonnet view a try. The interior camera moves in an annoying way imho.
Oh yeah. Thanks for reminding. Interior view is horrible.

(Yes I use bonnet too)
The snap overcorrection seems to lessen in bonnet view, definitely. Better visual feedback I would think makes it easier.

NSX: It's still a fun game to live out your playboy/driving fantasies, think of it like Outrun but more realistic... The wheel issues aren't a problem for me as it's a gamepad game really
The game is like sims with option to drive a car. There is no difference between driving V8 Mustang and 4WD Delta Integrale WTF? Physics are in competition with the ones from mario kart, but probably marios one are more realistic.

TDU1 -> TDU2 = Things are getting from bad to worst.
AudiBG: There is a difference...

Test Drive Unlimited 2
(984 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG