The online racing simulator
PC, I know Logitech wheels won't work on x360
that concerns me, i've pre ordered it for PC. I thought it had FFB that worked in the beta (i was guessing from all the people who were in the beta)
Well, it could be the crack's fault.

//wanted to try it out before buying, of course :-)
There isnt ffb in the game as such its "vibration" ive stuck center spring on to 52% and rotation down too 540 then played about with ingame settings till it was drivable (note drivable not enjoyable) the game certainly wasnt designed to be used with a wheel! The brake has no travel its near enough on or off slightly improved over the beta though. Hardcore sucks also cant notice much difference from sport and hardcore.. All in all i wouldnt recommend purchasing it for PC if you plan to use a wheel as its just shocking!
Tried it. FFB licks balls. Sadly, it's really that bad. Uninstalled.
drive with kb lol
Is it way worse than tdu? Seriously, it is not worth buying (to drive with a wheel)?
Downloading now, gonna play it and give my thoughts later
Silver, if the Beta is anything to go by, I'd rather reinstall TDU tbh.

The brake issue is the dealbreaker for me. When cruising becomes a nuisance, then a game like TDU is meaningless to me.
The brake issue is?

I've read a lot of complaints, but first I heard of a brake issue
The brake is practically digital, at least it was in the demo. From what I've read it hasn't been fixed.
Oh wow...

Such high expectations from me for this title. I was really missing a game where I could just get in and cruise around in some awesome cars. Not to be it seems though...

I will start off saying I did not expect amazing sim-like physics. However, what they have in the game is beyond terrible. It made me feel like going and playing NFS instead because freaking Shift felt better than this.Its difficult to explain. The car feels glued to the road, but at the same time feels like its floating. All combined it makes for some awful driving.
There also seems to be quite a big delay in controls. Like it takes a second for the game to realise you commanded to turn right...

The damage is a joke by the way.

Graphics dont shine either. Compared to what we are being fed from other games, it is very simple. The shadows alone make me want to uninstall this game. For example the damn tree shadows on the car lag behind and just appear out of nowhere sometimes.

Dont get me even started on AI. Is it just at the beginning that they are so slow? I went off the track on every lap and still won by 10 seconds... Speaking of AI... Storyline. Why am I forced to play it?! I just want to cruise around, dont bloody force me to do some shitty intro races and whatnot when I dont want to. The "Sims" aspect isnt brilliant either to be honest. Voice overs are decent, but the characters lag behind A LOT and the overall emotions and gestures just seem so out of place...

What can I say. A failure overall. Such a shame as well... Really did hope it would be a good game...
where original key is sold for the lowest price?
Devildare: which platform did you get it on?
everything I read from the official forum or else all points to the same thing........damn I hate to be disappointed twice in such a short time, first GT5 then this.
Quote from Agniz :where original key is sold for the lowest price?

Direct2Drive or Atari website. $40.

One thing i dont get is how do they manage to price a DVD and a Download at the same price? Also why the hell is Steam asking for 50 eur... :\
Oh god reading the latest posts here are making me really hope they're gonna release some patches soon to fix this game, otherwise it seems only to be a useless fill of HD space.
worst game in 2011 years
Quote from squidhead :Direct2Drive or Atari website. $40.

One thing i dont get is how do they manage to price a DVD and a Download at the same price? Also why the hell is Steam asking for 50 eur... :\

Not everyone who uses Steam is a computer expert, therefore, charging more may mean more profit.
Quote from BigPeBe :Oh god reading the latest posts here are making me really hope they're gonna release some patches soon to fix this game, otherwise it seems only to be a useless fill of HD space.

I don't think they will release anything that would make it better. They never did in TDU1 at least.
That game confirms my own rule to never bother driving arcade game with wheel. Its horrid... well, french development team which included a few women iirc from their dev diary videos. If they've ever drove a car in their life's they would've knew how bad handling they created.
Just went back on thought id give it a second chance, done the off-road race put it this way, it reminds me of the WRC game that came out a few months back... i won it of course as the AI dont seem to drive and just sit still, seen a impreza for sale thought sweet ill buy it see what its like... one of the things that pissed off most it has no dumpvalve? you cant hear any form of turbo, its little things like this that ruin it. Oh and the fact that you are either braking or not braking
I have a hatred for the licenses now. I keep getting taken out on the overtaking ones. It's very LFS-like in that regard.

I do enjoy just exploring however. Anyone know what car's best for B+ high championhip? I aced the initial one, got 50k, spent it on a house.

Now I'm after a decent car to go with my Lancia that I'm gonna sell
Quote from JJ72 :Devildare: which platform did you get it on?

PC.

Thank god I didnt actually buy it. You might as well flush the money down the toilet.

Test Drive Unlimited 2
(984 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG