The online racing simulator
Quote from Gabkicks :The trick to the Advanced NASCAR challenge is to turn ABS OFF!!! if you have abs on, then the game limits how fast you can corner. some sort of lame stability management or something

Is that true for all cars or just NASCAR??
I know its true during the Jeff Gordon Challenge. the difference in speed is blatantly obvious between abs off and @ 1. Buuut, I dont think it matters for other cars.
Wish I had known that when I was doing the nascar challenge. Did eventually make it with ABS enabled thanks to sheer luck and lots of planning though.

Also finished the Formula GT championship last night, what a pain the ass that was with the cheating rubber band AI. Very nearly lost the last Suzuka race but managed to overtake half the grid in two laps by pushing like a mad man and crossing the finish line in 1st place. Only endurances left to do now.
Dorifto!

Driving that car makes you wish the game had brake upgrades.
Quote from Gabkicks :I know its true during the Jeff Gordon Challenge. the difference in speed is blatantly obvious between abs off and @ 1. Buuut, I dont think it matters for other cars.

I think it's something to do with the skid recovery which iirc can't be manually switched off on those events. Turning off the abs turns off the srf, I think.
No it's the ASM that the abs disables iirc.
Quote from skolekaj :if i have 5 mil. what car should i then use em on?

EDIT: i bought the peugeot 908 HDI FAP

Waste of money tbh :o

Have you done the formula championship? Would of been better spent on FGT car
In the midst of doing the Luguna Seca endurance race on Bspec.. in an X1. Cba waiting around for more than 2 hours.
Anyone any tips on making a Toyota GT-one actually handle reasonably well?

If not who wants to trade it for a car of equal value + 4Mil.
yeah i NEVER drive with abs, unless its one of those impossible hard rally challenge special events, that i just get sick of after a while
Quote from logitekg25 :yeah i NEVER drive with abs, unless its one of those impossible hard rally challenge special events, that i just get sick of after a while

Use a Delta S4 which you win in the Gallardo Event/Lamborghini Exclusive (I know it's one of those two) or a Citroen C4 won by golding all Loeb events. You'll need to have eagle eyes to drive in the dark in the Delta though
Hell no im buying a schwimmwagen for 650k But i need the XP.
Quote from EmilO :Hell no im buying a schwimmwagen for 650k But i need the XP.

Well you should tune it up and it will become a awesome car to drive so much fun.
Trouble is it has very slow acceleration due to turbo lag but yeah, it's fun
Quote from speed1230 :Use a Delta S4 which you win in the Gallardo Event/Lamborghini Exclusive (I know it's one of those two) or a Citroen C4 won by golding all Loeb events. You'll need to have eagle eyes to drive in the dark in the Delta though

what am i suppossed to use those cars on?

and eagle eyes? no problem. im pretty sure my standard car in the darkest challenge in the game assured i can do this. i diddnt know if i was facing the right way. i couldnt find the line. :scared:
Quote from EmilO :Hell no im buying a schwimmwagen for 650k But i need the XP.

you can win a schwimmwagen. be sure to check which cars you can win so that you can save money for something else.
Quote from Gabkicks :you can win a schwimmwagen. be sure to check which cars you can win so that you can save money for something else.

Pretty sure you win the Kubelwagon.
Quote from 91mason91 :Pretty sure you win the Kubelwagon.

From what I've heard, you win both the Kübelwagen and the Schwimmwagen.
@CoolcolJ,

My GT5 doesn't seem to load up properly. Playing with a different account but trying to get things worked out. Thinking abut copying save data to USB, deleting it and the installation data and then re-installing the data and re-copying the save data.
Quote from logitekg25 :what am i suppossed to use those cars on?

The Gran Turismo Rally event that you're stuck on of course
Well, the Delta S4 can be a handful to drive so use the C4 if the Delta is too hard to drive
oh i beat those with gold, just gotta find the right car (which i did).

but i was talking about the ones where it gives you a car..i did the first one gold pretty easy, second one silver, the rest bronze, and those were just luck
What's the best F1 car to use for the formula Gran Turismo event? Are they all essentially equal or is one the better choice?
Quote from MAGGOT :What's the best F1 car to use for the formula Gran Turismo event? Are they all essentially equal or is one the better choice?

They are all the same.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG