The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from richard dk :Spa is coming soon

I love those tree shadows over the track! Can't wait to drive there!

What will be your first car to try out at Spa? Not sure if I should take my personal number one, the V8 Supercar, or take the more traditional route and go with the Corvette...
I think it will be the Williams (or maybe the Riley OR Corvette) - just to try it out.
Next would be the Mazda MX5 for some close racing..
Quote from bbman :I love those tree shadows over the track! Can't wait to drive there!

What will be your first car to try out at Spa? Not sure if I should take my personal number one, the V8 Supercar, or take the more traditional route and go with the Corvette...

Definitely has to be the F1 car.
Derek Hill iRacing:

21st is our goal. 23rd is the latest it'd be out.
Quote from bbman :What will be your first car to try out at Spa?

It's gotta be the Lotus, followed by the Corvette and the Radical
iam taking the class A impala SS for a spin at spa then the indy
has there been any more news on the new tire model in the last few weeks?
Quote from Gabkicks :has there been any more news on the new tire model in the last few weeks?

The general consensus is that the Class A, B and C oval cars will get the new tyre model in the new build (in 4 or 5 weeks I guess), then it will be phased onto the rest of the cars, simply because it's being developed on the Chevy Impala Class A and those 3 cars use the same tyre, so it's a piece of piss to chuck it out for them. Those are the cars that need it more than any other anyway, the road cars are fine and can wait.
-
(spanks) DELETED by spanks
Quote from DeKo :The general consensus is that the Class A, B and C oval cars will get the new tyre model in the new build (in 4 or 5 weeks I guess), then it will be phased onto the rest of the cars, simply because it's being developed on the Chevy Impala Class A and those 3 cars use the same tyre, so it's a piece of piss to chuck it out for them. Those are the cars that need it more than any other anyway, the road cars are fine and can wait.

I strongly disagree with "road cars are fine" part. Most cars are not fine atm, because you have to slide them to be fast. The slip angle in real life would send you to zillions of spins in the positions, that you see on track out there in iRacing. I'm talking not only about oval cars, which are great example, but also DP, Radical, V8, Mustang, Skip Barber. It's incredible, how they slide, i just cannot wait when they get things right (or right-ish).
Kid, I meant relative to the Oval cars, they need it much more than any other car. Yes, the road cars have their faults, but they are not even in the same league as the faults on the oval tyre model.

Anyway, watch this in 720p, wow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQk9NoLs8_E
Is there any way to try it out before buying it? Demo or something?
DeKo: ok, that's true.

I need to get hibernated for few days, can't wait for Spa.
Quote from richard dk :[snip]
Next would be the Mazda MX5 for some close racing..

excuse my ignorance, but how? They only seem to race mx5 on LimeRP and LagunaSeca. Hosted races are costly, few and far between and usually locked. Seems like a waste to only have mx5 on two tracks. Am I missing something here?
Not really, but as soon as Spa is released I imagine there will be tons of public hosted sessions running Spa, with everybody who bought it driving in one of them because none of the series are running it for a couple of weeks.
Ok thanks.
Quote from JasonJ :excuse my ignorance, but how? They only seem to race mx5 on LimeRP and LagunaSeca. Hosted races are costly, few and far between and usually locked. Seems like a waste to only have mx5 on two tracks. Am I missing something here?

Hosted races in the danish community
But you are right...pity that it`s only on these two tracks. When Okayama is out it will run there too I think because it`s a free track...
Quote from The Moose :It's gotta be the Lotus, followed by the Corvette and the Radical

Absolutely Stu! I think hosted sesh for the Lotus is definitely needed! Message me when it's out and I'll set one up As long as you give me a setup
Quote from StableX :Absolutely Stu! I think hosted sesh for the Lotus is definitely needed! Message me when it's out and I'll set one up As long as you give me a setup

Look forward to it. The lotus should be epic around Spa.

I'll be happy to pass on whatever setup I can steal from someone else

Talking of Lotus....

My WR lap at VIR Full http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0Kz15P1MCs
Quote :We are going to put up a 24 hours of fun series that will run through new years with the Williams and Spa. We are also putting up an official series for rookie 3.0 and up for the street stock that will run for the last 5 weeks of the season.

Awesome!
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG