The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
Quote from AndroidXP :There is no way to detect how good someone reacts to a blue flag, so I very much doubt there will ever be any influence of this on the SR.

What about if the backmarker stays 3 to 8 meters in front of the race leader and keeps doing this for at least half the track.
Pretty easy to detect this tbh, even in lfs...
But then, Blue flag is just guideline and not mandatory except in F1 that I know of.
Doesn't mean that the lappee should jump away from the line standing on the brakes to let the lapper past, when the lapping car is making a move the lappee shouldn't resist tho.
Quote from Jonesy_ :well, when do I get rid of my rookie status then?

Quote from DarrenMarsh :For rookie license:
SR < 3.0 you can only race Rookie Solstice and Rookie Legends
SR > 3.0 you can race the Advanced Solstice and Advanced Legends as well as the above
SR > 4.0 you can race the Skip Barbers and Late Models as well as the above

The license upgrades only happen at the end of the 12 week seasons, which will be the 2nd August so you'll only have 4 weeks as a rookie. To go up from rookie you need your SR > 3.0 and to complete at least 2 races or 4 time trials. Oval and Road licenses are separate, so you'll need to do that in both if you want your license to go up in both.

Quote from mikey_G :What about if the backmarker stays 3 to 8 meters in front of the race leader and keeps doing this for at least half the track.
Pretty easy to detect this tbh, even in lfs...

So what? If the leader is not fast enough to pass the backmarker then somehow the guy being lapped gets a hit on his safety rating? You do realise that this is not F1 and a blue flag does NOT mean "get out of my way" but "continue as normal, but don't fight me when I try to overtake".

If the one being blue flagged is nice he can conveniently run a bit too wide in the next corner to make it easier for the leader, but that's not a must.
Quote from AndroidXP :So what? If the leader is not fast enough to pass the backmarker then somehow the guy being lapped gets a hit on his safety rating? You do realise that this is not F1 and a blue flag does NOT mean "get out of my way" but "continue as normal, but don't fight me when I try to overtake".

If the one being blue flagged is nice he can conveniently run a bit too wide in the next corner to make it easier for the leader, but that's not a must.

I know it's not a must, but it's just so damn annoying when I'm having some close fighting and then a backmarker comes into the picture which totally messes up the fight.
Maybe because this happened to me multiple times I've become kinda extreme in my views, and want a f1 kind of blue flag rule, but I do understand that they are not required to move off the racing line.

Here's me hoping that some people's driving etiquette improves
I just noticed this. Both the solstice and the advanced solstice have the Laguna seca as their track for the next week. It's imho a bit sad that they are basically offering just one combo for the next week. At least for this week there were the Lime rock and Summit point.

Imho, it should be common sense to avoid multiple series having the same track for a week simply because there is very little choise anyways...
Taking a smaller brake now when reached 4.45 - 4.42 ... have been quite intenced for a couple of days ...

But yea ... iRacing is da shite ...

I use to describe the driving feeling as ... imagine the feeling of LFS and add you can actually feel the separe wheels. There you have the feeling of iRacing. No problem at all to feel the wheel are locking up when braking. Besides the tracks and cars feels so alive much thanks to the surface isn't made as smoth as possible, it's as irl as possible, thx the laser scanning I guess.

Did anyone of you made a list over (former) LFS'ers? Would be cool to greet you out there ...

Search for Bertil H and me comes up and add me as friend ...
Quote from AndroidXP :So what? If the leader is not fast enough to pass the backmarker then somehow the guy being lapped gets a hit on his safety rating? You do realise that this is not F1 and a blue flag does NOT mean "get out of my way" but "continue as normal, but don't fight me when I try to overtake".

I don't know what your races have been like but I've been stuck behind people for laps who are a lot slower than me but are weaving and blocking to stop a car lapping them. Blue flags don't mean jump out of the way but like IRL you should let a car that is faster than you have an opportunity to pass at a sensible passing place if it can't find its own (sensible and safe) way past sooner.
All I'm arguing about is that there is no even remotely reliable way to judge programatically how good someone respects blue flags.
Quote from AndroidXP :All I'm arguing about is that there is no even remotely reliable way to judge programatically how good someone respects blue flags.

True, but I think having blue flags would increase the chance that people pay attention to them dramatically.
What series did you enter after the rookie series?
Only skippy? No one in the Late? No one seem to talk much about the later one ...

Since I extended to a year subsriction I have the 60 dollars to spend. In what serie do I get the most for it?
For anyone who has just been driving around in the Rookie Solstice and hasn't tried the Solstice that's used in the Advanced series, DO IT NOW! Where the Rookie Solstice setup is safe if a little understeery at times, the default setup for the regular Solstice is very very nice to drive. It just feels like a different car, just a beautiful driving experience. Yes it's still a Solstice but it just feels so much better with a more neutral setup. You don't need that dab on the brakes to get the front end turned in, it just goes where you point it. Just need to watch the back end a little more mid corner and at exits. I am into the 1:03s in the Rookie Solstice but with only a couple of laps in the regular one I got into the low 1:03s and 1:02s would be easy with this car.

Like I say, if you haven't tried the regular Solstice, DO IT :P
Quote from ajp71 :True, but I think having blue flags would increase the chance that people pay attention to them dramatically.

What Android means is that abiding to blue flags shouldn't affect the safety rating. I also think there is no way to judge that. IMO there should just be a drive threw penalty if a car doesn't let the leader pass for 1 or 2 laps (if he was right behind him) And blue flags are coming, there's no doubt about it, but iRacing is now at what you could call S1 Version, alot of things have not been implemented. The most important thing for them now is that the whole Service, the Statistics and the Servers deal with the increase of users smoothly, it would be a catastrophy if people pay monthly and the system breaks down for some reason, so there focussing on that now but blue flags are coming, a week before the beta ended Dave Kaemmer said:

Quote from Dave Kaemmer :
We continue to make daily advances in the development of all aspects of our service and plan to do so for years to come. Based on your feedback, we’re focused on race control, automated spotters and pit stops as the next features to be implemented. We also know that having more opportunity to get on track with your friends is a top priority, and we’re researching possible ways to integrate open practice sessions and private leagues into the service.

Quote from mikey_G :I know it's not a must, but it's just so damn annoying when I'm having some close fighting and then a backmarker comes into the picture which totally messes up the fight.

reminds me of my last race at lime rock!

http://downshift.blip.tv/file/1032388/ ... blip tv is annoying... !!!%
Pink bastard, what's your name?
Quote from Cawwa :Search for Bertil H and me comes up and add me as friend ...

Added you to my list, you can do search "Kumo" to find me.
Wow... I had a similar incident last night (caused by me) by running wide in that corner, clipping the wall and shooting back into the racing line, but only 1 person hit me before I was able to make it off the track.

iRacing needs yellow flags!

(hmm, idea: If when a yellow flag is thrown, and a collision happens in that sector with the driver that is throwing the yellow flag, incident points are halved? that'd be a good way to make the hit on SR done by wreckers or idiots a bit less.
Quote from A.Ulleri :Wow, what a retard. SR must have dropped bigtime.

Simple mistake I guess. No hard feelings towards him.. I just posted it because it was funny The crash physics seemed really bizarre. My safety rating dropped a bit. I collected 6 incident points for this. Person who initiated the contact received less incident points than me... I lost extra points because I attempted to drive the car back to the finish line at 15mph and because it was so damaged I spun and went off track on my way there.
... I dont see any damage on this video? O.o
My car had a massive amount of damage to it. I could barely go above 15mph without spinning. There's no visible damage to other cars. That might just be my graphic settings ? I'm at level 6 graphics - the lowest.
I really just suck, I'm currently in a race (pulled out cuz I'm outright dangerous) and I was in 5th, spun, started last, got back to 6th, spun, started last again, got to 7th before spinning and pulling out.

My quest to improve my safety rating is just resulting in it getting worse... 15 laps and... 6 incident points... Hurrah!

EDIT: hilariously enough, my safety rating actually did improve
Quote from A.Ulleri :Wow, what a retard. SR must have dropped bigtime.

He only got 8 points. I have filed a formal complaint over this incident because the driving standards were so ridiculously bad, I think with a video and being impartial (I gained 2 places from this incident) there is a good chance said driver won't be doing it again in a hurry.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I really just suck, I'm currently in a race (pulled out cuz I'm outright dangerous) and I was in 5th, spun, started last, got back to 6th, spun, started last again, got to 7th before spinning and pulling out.

My quest to improve my safety rating is just resulting in it getting worse... 15 laps and... 6 incident points... Hurrah!

EDIT: hilariously enough, my safety rating actually did improve

Don't worry, you'll get better. Just keep trying and don't push yourself over the limit. My stats for first day were "66 laps, 46 incidents"

Just finished a Solstice race on 2nd position with 10 and 30sec gaps, 0x incidents and got my SR to 3.92. Wasn't all that eventful tho, couple laps before finish Solstice wanted to go sideways as it can get on T1 but somehow I managed to keep it steady. After that I drove reeally carefully, lapping in 1.08 range...
I know I'll get better, I just keep trying to drive faster. I did a 1:04 earlier in practice, so I'm trying to push myself to go that fast always which isn't ending up good. Actually, I think I just suck in general at racing. Too bad it's usually fun.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG