The online racing simulator
Just did a rally event against a C.Hansen!

Why don't you take a seat over there in my Integra Type R?
I did a race against a R.Schumaucher (sic).
I unlocked a new photomode location, and decided to bring my new pride and joy along

Now to try it on Indy Road Course to compare physics with GT Academy Time Trial on Comfort soft tyres. Even a quick try on Hard Sports tyres was quite slippy with full throttle turn exits

the 370Z has some nice bodykit options, but I also like it stock

Moar picz pleez.
Hah, that location looks so real How do you unlock it?

Btw, Kazunori tweets about mechanical damage coming till mid-december, Youtube upload option is near completion, possibility of no-HUD option and save game backups by late december.
and he has bribed his developers with christmas being cancelled for all of Japan if they fail.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :and he has bribed his developers with christmas being cancelled for all of Japan if they fail.

Lol. That was actually quite funny.
@CoolColJ
That Photo Location looks really nice!

Anyway, i'm level 21 now. Got gold in all the top gear events... did the elise race with TC off... never want to do it again! God i hate that challenge.
Top gear specials are just plain nasty, seriously, is that the best they could do with the francise?
I enjoyed the kubelwagen.

Now I'm trying to do GT All Stars..I'm struggling as I don't have a good enouh car. I did the "gone with the wind" event which gives me the Minolta 88c-v.. but it has a weird brake oversteer which causes me to lose quite often. I've just done some tweaks so lets see if i can actually win.

EDIT: Turbo + Soft Tyres + Oil Change = 1080HP Minolta = Fast.
Try a race modded Vette ZR1, with full downforce and sticky tyres, its a bit of an animal
I have one.. but it's a bit too understeery to actually win which is the problem. Needs that mid corner grip that the minolta has
Quote from danowat :Try a race modded Vette ZR1, with full downforce and sticky tyres, its a bit of an animal

I found the same with the dodge viper, will hit 390km/h on special stage route 7 too
My veyron does 430 kmh
News snippet from gamespy:

Quote :"Mechanical damage options will be implemented in a new update for GT5 coming early December," Yamauchi tweeted. The system currently rewards in-game experience with more detailed crashes and the update will allow players to select the severity of damage as a menu option.

A rundown on the other features, options, and fixes Polyphony Digital is working on:
-- A no HUD option
-- A YouTube video upload feature
-- Face tracking available outside of arcade mode
-- New lounge functionality
-- The ability to take leisurely drives around town
-- A credits and experience system for online play
-- A less congested, faster online experience

I especially like the things I bolded.

EDIT: here's the source for GS, seems like the editor can't really read. Some things in that list are not worked on, but were discarded during developement. Still, a patch with damage settings is in the works to be released early this month. Yay!
It better come soon! What does it mean by leisurely drives around town?
Take your race pace, and just multiply it by 12 cars and take away barriers.
I assume free roam as in them shitty "cruise" servers on LFS where people pretend to be cops and robbers, and around obeying traffic laws.......sounds a flaming hoot........if you are 12 years old
The "cruising" is one of the features that were dropped in developement. thank god!
Well this friday will be the day i finally get my hands on a copy if i can get down the road that is .

Dont snowboard or ski so this will be my winter saver for me until the snow ****s off and i can get the mountain bike back out
Just beat the Expert Series, and are about 2/3s the way through the Extreme Series. Just the DTM, Formula GT and Dreamcar to go.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Just beat the Expert Series, and are about 2/3s the way through the Extreme Series. Just the DTM, Formula GT and Dreamcar to go.

And then the edurance series, and the Vettel challenge
I havne't unlocked those yet.. still 2 more levels. Enduro will be grating.. Vettel challenge.. I think will be not bad hard.
Yeah, endurance, not quite sure how I am going to manage 4hrs, let alone 24hrs........
Race -> Pause -> Live life.

Repeat infinium.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG