The online racing simulator
2011 NASCAR Season
(1062 posts, started )
2011 NASCAR Season
Yeah, it's a whole 73 days until the Budwiser Shoot-out in Daytona, Florida, but it's never too early to start thinking for what's ahead.

Current confirmed changes for this year:
-No more splitter Braces
-Fuel will be 15% Ethonol
-Nationwide COT
-No more catch-can man
-New Surface at Daytona
-HMS crew cheif swap (24 to 88, 88 to 5, and 5 to 24)

Honestly, on the HMS note, at least we'll know how good Dale Jr. is as a racer. He'll have the same thing that Jeff Gordon had this year and did OK with (for HMS, if it was for any other team he did exceptionaly well).

Mark Martin was either screwed by this swap in his final season, or it is a neutral change depending on how bad Dale Jr.'s driving ability is. I think Gordon will benefit greatly from this. Alan seems to be an excelent head man.

Catch-can man will not be able to make adjustments to the car now and this will be done by the tire changer (lose tires on pit road may become an issue again). This is being done with a self venting valve on the gas can so that the fuel is air tight for the Ethonol compounds. (not sure about the science behind that, but that's why NASCAR says they are making this switch)

On another note.. Will Jimmy be able to win his 6th straight cup title? and will the top 25 in sup driver's points still be able to win the Nationwide series driver's title. I've heard a rumor about this comming into being.

What is everybody else's thought?
Didn't the 88 and 24 actually switch shops? So now the 48 and 88 are in the same shop, with 24 and 5 in the other?

I haven't kept up with future plans of the cars, what are they replacing the splitter brackets with?
Nothing, they just reworked the front bumper so there is no need for the braces, its more like the Nationwide COT now.

70 days is nothing until the start of the season, can't believe how short their off season is. We're considering making the drive from NY down to Daytona this February for the 500, really comes down to whether or not my brother can take off of work, but I'm completely ready to go if the opportunity is there. Will probably do both Poconos again and will definitely be at the Glen, need to find one more race to go to so I can match five races like last year haha.
Quote from UncleBenny :70 days is nothing until the start of the season, can't believe how short their off season is. We're considering making the drive from NY down to Daytona this February for the 500, really comes down to whether or not my brother can take off of work, but I'm completely ready to go if the opportunity is there. Will probably do both Poconos again and will definitely be at the Glen, need to find one more race to go to so I can match five races like last year haha.

Head down here to Richmond! You won't be disappointed. Except for this years fall race, which sucked ass.
Always try to go to a place you never have been before, then its always new and never boring.

Thanks for the explanation of the front splitter.
Girls With Big Tits Look Like The Capital Letter P "P"
Yeah, it's not a very long off season at all. The awards banquet is tonight, and I might not even watch it since Mark Martin isn't gonna be giving a speech or anything. I'm just ready to get 2011 started already.

Yeah, the 88 and 24 swaped shops as well. I think Hendrick is trying to give Jr. everything that he can, but I'm not sure that he didn't already have it...

Mark Martin was doing fine in that same equipment and nearly won the championship last year ('09).
Yeah, but where was Martin this year?

Something didn't seem right there, even driver reactions were always fishy, and we've seen Jr upset many times about the car (and Martin did aswell this year).
i cant wait either
I'm just going to throw this out there, but I would not even think of kicking Krista Voda out of my bed.
Quote from SidiousX :I'm just going to throw this out there, but I would not even think of kicking Krista Voda out of my bed.

I'm a sucker for blondes too.
The funny thing is, I'm not too big of a blonde fan, but there's something about her....
Quote from SidiousX :I'm just going to throw this out there, but I would not even think of kicking Krista Voda out of my bed.

+1 on that
What the hell, why are they messing up Gordon's and Martin's chemistry up for Junior. Seems like hes the "Most liked driver like 8 years straight" but not like he likes his crew chiefs much. Why didnt he just say with Tony Eury (think thats his name)
It's not like Jeff and Steve's chemistry was great anyways. I never seemed to think that Jeff actually liked Steve that much.

Changing up Martin wasn't needed most likely, however I think that is more planning for the future (Kahne).
Quote from PMD9409 :It's not like Jeff and Steve's chemistry was great anyways. I never seemed to think that Jeff actually liked Steve that much.

I agree with you here. Ever since Gordon and Evernham parted ways, it just seems that he can't find the right crew chief.
I think Kurt Busch's new car is real nice looking, the new Dodge nose in general looks good.

blue deuce is no more?!?!?!?
Quote from BreadC :blue deuce is no more?!?!?!?

Brad K. is driving the blue deuce next year.

Apparently a friend of mine walked into a bar one time and just ordered a "blue deuce" and she ended up getting a Blue Moon instead of Miller Lite hahaha.
Sounds like a (minor) upgrade.
penske rid of 77?

only running 2 and 22?
Quote from PMD9409 :Yeah, but where was Martin this year?

Something didn't seem right there, even driver reactions were always fishy, and we've seen Jr upset many times about the car (and Martin did aswell this year).

Well Mark's car cheif from '09 was switched over to the 88 and nothing was said about it. Who knows how much that effected his performance this year. That and the spoiler vs. wing really seemed to effect the 5 team. Look at the results and driver ratings in the first 5 races for him vs. the next 10 or 15 (with wing vs. with spoiler).

2011 NASCAR Season
(1062 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG