The online racing simulator
Here is that Shelby Cobra cockpit vid as requested. Horns and wipers in action as well

On a custom 7+km course generator track I made using the Toscana Tarmac theme. Full course run starts at 2:25.
Stock Shelby Cobra, hard Sports tyres all round, no aids and ABS brakes. Brake bias adjusted to 5:3. Using a DFGT wheel.
Tricky car to drive on the limits!!

I only used 4-5 sections here from memory. Narrowest road width, corner sharpness at 0, course complexity varies between 8-10. I basicly started this at 0 and bump it up by 1 each time and observe the changes. If it looked complicated then I kept it

Could work well as a Targa tarmac rally stage, I haven't tried it like that yet.

Weird flickering stuff looks buggy....
Anyway you can grab it from my profile ingame, currently sharing it, PSN same as user name
Annoying that we can only share 1 track at a time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFubfKkrIrU
Quote from Wilko868 :A few of my first attempts in photo mode.

Jeez the 1st one's textures are awful and the grass in the 2nd one is terrible as well. Since some people are getting bad graphics and the others not, does it have anything to do with all the different PS3's released? In terms of their specs and age?
The "bad graphics" are a combination of different models / textures, as they are of varying quality, plus how proficient the user is at the photo mode controls.
Oh okay. Would it matter at all which model PS3 i buy? A Older one versus a newer one?
No, the game is the same for all console models.
The TV matters though. Best image whailty on a 1080p Full HD TV.
A newer one would be better for reliability. The chips got smaller and cooler over time.
I use an old 21 inch Sony CRT Trintron monitor for both PC and PS3. Have an XCM component to VGA unit to feed it.

---

How I earned my Roll Over Trophy - although not quite a full roll over

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yQfJqFSjvU

Crash and damage at level 8. I hear that damage gets worse as your A-Spec level goes up. Just a one make race against the AI.
First time I've noticed scuffs on the side of the car (after the first crash in the video)
I know I have an addiction when:

It's 2:30 AM and I haffto be up at 8:30.. but instead I'm doing licence exams.
About the TV, according to the digital foundry analysis, it looks as good, maybe even better, at 720p
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Is it meant better or worse? Trick question, lol.

What I meant is that the car sustains even more damage making the car's peformance a lot worse
leob's challenge is awesome fun, not much of a challenge though? have 3 or so seconds to spare on each one.
Quote from JJ72 :leob's challenge is awesome fun, not much of a challenge though? have 3 or so seconds to spare on each one.

WTF?
Please share your secret.
@Gills, these any better?
Finally messed around with some settings.

Edit* These pics are huge so you've been warned.
Attached images
Kyoto - Gion_1.jpg
Kyoto - Gion.jpg
Red Bull Hangar-7_1.jpg
Red Bull Hangar-7.jpg
Bern - Marktgasse_1.jpg
Bern - Marktgasse.jpg
Quote from JJ72 :leob's challenge is awesome fun, not much of a challenge though? have 3 or so seconds to spare on each one.

Just went through and re-tried them, "golded" them all easily, infact the final one at Chamonix, I had 16secs to spare!!!!.

The ghost is far, far quicker than gold time, so don't worry if you are a way off the ghost.

The biggest way to make it easier for me was bumper cam, pee'd it using that.

Now halfway through Lvl21, just unlocked the Nascar series, so that will be fun, also did the "wet ring" challenges, which are actually really easy.

Also, now I am over Lvl20, I don't really see much of an improvement in the damage system, has it ACTUALLY been confirmed that Lvl20 "unlocks" damage?, surely this would be something the game would tell you?, (which it makes no mention of)
Quote from 91mason91 :WTF?

Pfff thats nothing, i was 5 sec up constantly

Just dont push and brake when it tells you to.
Quote from 91mason91 :WTF?
@Gills, these any better?
Finally messed around with some settings.

Edit* These pics are huge so you've been warned.

slow in, power out? and cut as much as you can on tuscana.

The snow one is the hardest one, but still keeping it tidy you should have 2 seconds or more to spare.

I've change my setting to "sharpen" but I don't notice very much difference.
Very interesting shot posted @ GTPlanet, someone is hinting that the pre-release demos were bullshots, and not representative of the final game.....

Quote from Dennis93 :Pfff thats nothing, i was 5 sec up constantly :razz

You are Scandinavian, I am chinese, that's not fair.
Quote from danowat :Just went through and re-tried them, "golded" them all easily, infact the final one at Chamonix, I had 16secs to spare!!!!.

The ghost is far, far quicker than gold time, so don't worry if you are a way off the ghost.

The biggest way to make it easier for me was bumper cam, pee'd it using that.

Now halfway through Lvl21, just unlocked the Nascar series, so that will be fun, also did the "wet ring" challenges, which are actually really easy.

Also, now I am over Lvl20, I don't really see much of an improvement in the damage system, has it ACTUALLY been confirmed that Lvl20 "unlocks" damage?, surely this would be something the game would tell you?, (which it makes no mention of)

Have you done "Like The Wind" Yet? Golded the first with my GTR but get raped on the speedway.
I guess i'll have another go at the loeb challenges although they are hard for me. On the expert rally challenge in the snow i finished each stage 30 secs or more ahead.
Quote from 91mason91 :Have you done "Like The Wind" Yet? Golded the first with my GTR but get raped on the speedway.

No, not yet, did the first one, the german car one, going to do the Nascar ones next, but I was unsure if you got gifted a Nascar for golding the Nascar special events......to save me from buying one..........
Either the pre-release stuff was BS, or you have to unlock advanced weather (level 140?!?).

Hopefully all this will be sorted in a patch. I want full damage and weather from the start.
Quote from danowat :No, not yet, did the first one, the german car one, going to do the Nascar ones next, but I was unsure if you got gifted a Nascar for golding the Nascar special events......to save me from buying one..........

Im not sure as im planning doing those today but i just forked out 500k for a NASCAR so if you do win one im gonna headbut something.
Quote from tristancliffe :Either the pre-release stuff was BS, or you have to unlock advanced weather (level 140?!?).

Hopefully all this will be sorted in a patch. I want full damage and weather from the start.

Sony BS's on all their preview shots. Just look at killzone 3 and probably other sony PS3 games.
Wasn't that clear from day 1? You never saw flickering shadows and jaggies in any pre-release, and remember those multi-car photo mode shots? Well that ain't real as well.

p.s. oh bugger you can't supercharge or turbocharger an Evora........
Quote from danowat :pic

Whoa... looks nothing like mine.

Will post pictures when i get my internet back
Quote from JJ72 :Wasn't that clear from day 1? You never saw flickering shadows and jaggies in any pre-release, and remember those multi-car photo mode shots? Well that ain't real as well.

p.s. oh bugger you can't supercharge or turbocharger an Evora........

And all the trailers that were pre-rendered and fettled with cosmetically, and yet people still thought it was Gameplay.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG