The online racing simulator

Quote from danowat :Unfortunately, it is.

It looks nothing like GT5 does on my playstation so if that is actually what it looks like on everybody elses then you're all extremely unlucky. Looks great on mine and unlike most I have no real complaints about the graphics after fiddling about in the display settings, but maybe I'm just not as fussy as some of you! I still don't believe that those screens were from GT5 to be honest, the sky looks different, the lighting is completely different, the environment textures are much worse than in the actual game...

I am yet to come across any part of the game that looks anywhere near as bad as that, when I hop into a standard car, the environment textures don't dip to "standard" level too. I'm just going to continue calling shenanigans.
Guys, I'm gonna have a tonne of car pictures to post tonight. I spend 10 minutes doing a race, and then 20 minutes taking pictures.. it's bad!
The Veyron really should have been a premium car I think
A few of my first attempts in photo mode.
Attached images
San Galgano Abbey_1.jpg
Nürburgring Nordschleife.jpg
Fuji Speedway F.jpg
Autodromo Nazionale Monza.jpg
Circuit de la Sarthe 2009.jpg
San Galgano Abbey.jpg
Tokyo Bay (Kart).jpg
Quote from Wilko868 :A few of my first attempts in photo mode.

How the hell does the 1st pic work? Its night but there is light coming out of nowhere and the reflections are, well, extreme to put it nicely. I'm pretty sure I havent seen that in real life, let alone at night.

Others look awesome though. The 3rd looks really realistic, especially as a thumbnail.
It's one of the filters in the game, some of them are a bit mental to be honest but meh, it looks ok I suppose! :P
I'll have a batch in a few minutes.

Alternatively, add me as a friend and check out my photoshare.
Nothing special but my first tries in photo travel.
Some on track shots are coming tomorrow.
Attached images
Red Bull Hangar-7_1.jpg
Kyoto - Gion.jpg
Red Bull Hangar-7.jpg
Red Bull Hangar-7_3.jpg
San Galgano Abbey.jpg
It's getting too late. I need to go to bed, but I'm having a blast watching my guy go nuts in the B-Spec mode
Quote from danowat :If THIS is true, then boy oh boy thats some hell of a grind to get something that should have been in the game from the get-go.

I've got something like 30 odd hours in GT5, and I am only at level 20, so god alone knows how many hours, and how many repeated events (because I sure that there isn't enough events in GT5 to get to level 40 without repeating) it will take to get there.

Hell with that, it's like a moving goal post, first they say it's lvl20, then its 40.

I still have one third of special event to go, but that will only being me to about lvl 25, now the rest will REALLY be a grind.

Quote from Dajmin :It's getting too late. I need to go to bed, but I'm having a blast watching my guy go nuts in the B-Spec mode

Mine just had some epic races! The best one was I ordered an overtake before the last corner, knowing there's no space but I hope it will force the car in front go wide, it did and my car just outaccelerated it to first by 0.008 at the line.
-
(JJ72) DELETED by JJ72
Freddie (his name is F. Ferguson) just ended up in 2nd in his last race. He was in 1st and took the 2nd last corner too fast and 360'd. Only with a quick "increase pace" command at the last corner stopped him dropping more places before the end.

Was my fault really though. I forgot to change the stock tyres on another used MX-5. He's currently about 5 seconds in front again. If he loses this race I start looking for the "shoot driver" option.
And I've just went from 730,000 credits to 0 credits for the penniless trophy
explain dawedust

and are there any comparable to lfs cars in this game? (as in is there a starion? opel vectra? raceabout? ect..)

and is there a way to look left and right like in LFS, or not like in GT4. are there directional lights? hazards? can you turn on your wipers whenever, even when the weather is perfect? lights when the sun is out?
You can look left + right.
You can turn wipers on whenever.. Lights are flash when it's day or alternate high/low beam at night (game determines "night".. which sometimes I disagree with it).

There's a lot of cars.. I have only driven and encountered maybe 10% of them so I'm not too sure. There are a lot though.
Want to trade 393hp civic, more than 100k spent.. looking for a car for racing truck series
Quote from logitekg25 :explain dawedust

and are there any comparable to lfs cars in this game? (as in is there a starion? opel vectra? raceabout? ect..)

and is there a way to look left and right like in LFS, or not like in GT4. are there directional lights? hazards? can you turn on your wipers whenever, even when the weather is perfect? lights when the sun is out?

Yeah, except no turn indiactors or hazards

I have a cockpit view video of a Shelby Cobra I'm making for someone here that requested it, that shows the wipers in action and horn etc
Quote from Adi typetheEND :Yeah there are 2 version but the power is the same i think, just did few laps and 1:13,005 guess some allien person will do low 1:12 ;p

But it's 10 kilos lighter I thought i was going crazy, tried everything but couldn't get it under 1:14... then i bought the '89 version, and did 1.13.242
It's cheaper and faster.. but i like the steering wheel on '91

It feels like track day with these Eunos'es on Tsukuba.. :bowdown:
EXTREEEEME REFLECTIONS!

It's gonna be a bumpy ride when that plane takes off. The tyres do not seem fit for the job.
Quote from Boris Lozac :But it's 10 kilos lighter I thought i was going crazy, tried everything but couldn't get it under 1:14... then i bought the '89 version, and did 1.13.242
It's cheaper and faster.. but i like the steering wheel on '91

It feels like track day with these Eunos'es on Tsukuba.. :bowdown:

Did you adjust the stock brake balance? with ABS off the 5:5 brake balance all cars have will make you flip around on braking. I normally set it to 5:3. Quite easy to do on track with the DFGT off course with the RA menu function
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :EXTREEEEME REFLECTIONS!

It's gonna be a bumpy ride when that plane takes off. The tyres do not seem fit for the job.

Seems that plane is a standard model and not premium! :P

Cant wait to get this game, shame i gotta wait till crimbo! but hopefully it will be bought along with a 42" or 37" tv so on that + G27 = win!
B-spec with hot hatches + city track = garunteed awesomeness
Quote from CoolColJ :Did you adjust the stock brake balance? with ABS off the 5:5 brake balance all cars have will make you flip around on braking. I normally set it to 5:3. Quite easy to do on track with the DFGT off course with the RA menu function

Didn't know i could do that.. you mean that "Ferrari" red thingy? Sometimes i accidentaly turn it, but i don't see no indication that something changed..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Didn't know i could do that.. you mean that "Ferrari" red thingy? Sometimes i accidentaly turn it, but i don't see no indication that something changed..

Yeah tap the centre button on the dial to bring up the RA menu. Press the +/- keys on the centre left of the wheel to choose a setting, turn the red dial to change it
Wouldn't it be cool if you can put multiple B-spec drivers in one race, will level them up a hell lot faster as well.
-
(bunder9999) DELETED by bunder9999 : meh

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG