The online racing simulator
Finally got gold in that ****ing Top Gear Elise challenge. If I had a swear jar I'd be ****ing skint. ****!
Quote from Gills4life :Finally got gold in that ****ing Top Gear Elise challenge. If I had a swear jar I'd be ****ing skint. ****!

Yeah for **** sake all that the AI drivers do is be in your way when you want to corner.
Quote from Chrisuu01 :Yeah for **** sake all that the AI drivers do is be in your way when you want to corner.

Well they're hardly going to get out of your way!
Quote from niall09 :Well they're hardly going to get out of your way!

Indeed, but slamming the brakes on right at the apex isn't good behaviour.

I was fiddling this morning, and to my suprise, I have found that, for whatever reason, the physics feel better using bumper cam, than they do in the cockpit view, for some reason you get better feedback and weight transfer whilst in bumper cam
Could someone please take some photos of a Blue Honda Accord Euro-R 00'? I loved this car in GT4, so would love to see how it looks in GT5, even though it's a standard model.

Thanks.
Some standard car pics members from vwvortex posted:

Two of my 700HP 458 Italia, one of my WIP scooby and one of me drifting in my Evo 3.
Attached images
Côte d'Azur_1.jpg
Côte d'Azur.jpg
Cape Ring North_1.jpg
Circuit de la Sarthe 2009.jpg
I take it my Accord pictures I want won't look too great then?

ARGGHHH my eyes!!!
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :I take it my Accord pictures I want won't look too great then?

They might look okay but of course no where near the premium levels of detail. There are some bad apples, but generally the standard cars are alright, I don't notice which are which during races.

@91Mason: Your Evo looks like a car from Auto Modellista, and your smoke looks like it was photo shopped in by someone from the year 1986.
Trollolololololololo

That is not GT5.
Quote from sinbad :They might look okay but of course no where near the premium levels of detail. There are some bad apples, but generally the standard cars are alright, I don't notice which are which during races.

To be honest, even if the car looked that bad, I wouldn't mind. I just loved the car in the game, so would love to see it again.

Quote from sinbad :@91Mason: Your Evo looks like a car from Auto Modellista, and your smoke looks like it was photo shopped in by someone from the year 1986.

I thought it was Forza 3 at first! The wall behind him is the same style as one on Forza 3, on an Italian track.
lololololo yes it is. My Evo on Cape Ring. Since i use my PS3 as an internet browser, when i take a photo, i save/extract it to my XMB then come here, upload attachment and that's it. Alot of quality probably has been lost and since im no camera expert i usually dont mess with the settings. So there. A guide to taking bad pics. Also some quality has been lost in the Scooby and Ferrari shots.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :
I thought it was Forza 3 at first! The wall behind him is the same style as one on Forza 3, on an Italian track.

I think it's some config of the new cape ring.

It can't be Forza. At least in Forza you can have car and smoke in the same picture without the picture instantly becoming utter garbage. With GT5 it's either one or the other, but rarely both at the same time.
Look at the jaggedy lines, where there is spray behind, on the Impreza picture posted by 91Mason.

I should add that this effect is imposingly obvious when playing and watching a replay too, it's not like it's something that only rears its ugly head if you actually look for it.
Just saw a Audi Pikes Peak Quattro '03 in used car section asking for over a million, lol. It's just a concept Q8.
Quote from sinbad :I think it's some config of the new cape ring.

It can't be Forza. At least in Forza you can have car and smoke in the same picture without the picture instantly becoming utter garbage. With GT5 it's either one or the other, but rarely both at the same time.
Look at the jaggedy lines, where there is spray behind, on the Impreza picture posted by 91Mason.

Haha. Very true.

I had a read of the graphics tech write up that Dan posted a couple of hours ago. On one section, they post in-game captures of the spray/smoke problem. It really does look absolutely disgusting doesn't it? I'm very surprised that PD did not fix that issue before releasing it.

Quote from sinbad :I should add that this effect is imposingly obvious when playing and watching a replay too, it's not like it's something that only rears its ugly head if you
actually look for it.

Yes, just from looking at the picture, I can tell how hard it must be not to notice it! I'm still itching to have a go of GT5 when it comes out for Rental, but my enthusiasm is pretty low after seeing all the problems this game has.
I remember seeing that accord in used car, didn't buy it, but it's somewhere in the middle in terms of visual quality, a bit flat as in all GT4 models. I find the classic cars look the best among standards, probably because of all the chrome details giving them more definition over a simple poly model. There are really many interesting cars in standard, just shame we can only enjoy them like this.
Quote from JJ72 :Just saw a Audi Pikes Peak Quattro '03 in used car section asking for over a million, lol. It's just a concept Q8.

You win it by doing the German car race on Extreme mode.
Quote from 91mason91 :You win it by doing the German car race on Extreme mode.

really? A friggin' SUV?
If you set the image quality to 'sharpen' in the display options, it reduces some of the pixelation caused by smoke/spray, but there is still some pixelation.
Attached images
Rome.jpg
Suzuka Circuit.jpg
I just "golded" all the Top Gear special events, fun, frustrating, and the last event is a little weird, but worth it for the prize.

Must confess, I am a little deflated, surely they could have done more with the Top Gear track and franchise than 3, short events that actually have little to do with driving fast, as they are more a test of avoidance and patience, especially the last one....

Hopefully they can flesh out the special events with some additional content in the future with DLC or what not.
Quote from JJ72 :really? A friggin' SUV?

458Hp and really usefull for the rally special events. (except the last expert one, that requires a rally car which you win by doing it on intermediate)
-
(Gabkicks) DELETED by Gabkicks : whoops danowat alread yposted.
does anybody else find the nascar challanges easy? Managed to get gold on the first two tiers of challenges in the first try. Compared to the Nürbi- challanges, a nice change of pace

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG