The online racing simulator
Quote from ColeusRattus :does anybody else find the nascar challanges easy? Managed to get gold on the first two tiers of challenges in the first try. Compared to the Nürbi- challanges, a nice change of pace

Yes, very, but I am find the Seb Loeb challenges a challenge.
how is the online server for everybody? I am having some connection issues, dropouts etc.
Hmm, race conversions look tight, but the 6-digit cost doesn't upgrade the peformance much.

Quote from Luke.S :Man the SLS AMG is fast. 1:21 around the topgear test track. And that is with me driving

So it would be just slower than it's predecessor - The SLR which got 1:20:9
Quote from speed1230 :So it would be just slower than it's predecessor - The SLR which got 1:20:9

no.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :Haha. Very true.

I had a read of the graphics tech write up that Dan posted a couple of hours ago. On one section, they post in-game captures of the spray/smoke problem. It really does look absolutely disgusting doesn't it? I'm very surprised that PD did not fix that issue before releasing it.

Yes, just from looking at the picture, I can tell how hard it must be not to notice it! I'm still itching to have a go of GT5 when it comes out for Rental, but my enthusiasm is pretty low after seeing all the problems this game has.

I know it seems pretty shallow, and I'm generally someone to whom gameplay is far more important than graphics (I could not care any less at all about the visual damage for instance), but all these saw-toothed lines around cars and messed up shadows really are like a regular big slap in the face saying "it's not a proper Gran Turismo".

I don't mind things not looking great, I don't mind the standard cars at all- and I still play LFS without Anti Aliasing! What I do mind is things not working properly. GT4 shadows were better, GT4 dust was better, purely because it didn't interact horribly with the cars.

I know the GT5 shadows have to be dynamic because of all the lighting and time of day stuff, but my point is that if they couldn't make it work properly, they shouldn't have done it at all. They shouldn't have done the smoke and dust they way they did, if they couldn't make it work properly.

Hopefully they still think they can, and intend to. Sucks for people with no interwebs though.

I still really want split-screen replays too!!!
Quote from spiderbait90 :If you set the image quality to 'sharpen' in the display options, it reduces some of the pixelation caused by smoke/spray, but there is still some pixelation.

Now that looks nice and may convert me with a few more screens like that
Quote from speed1230 :ok well if you rounded it it would be same

Maybe if the same driver drove it
Quote from speed1230 :ok well if you rounded it it would be same

*ehem*

Quote from Luke.S :Man the SLS AMG is fast. 1:21 around the topgear test track. And that is with me driving

€: Beaten by MijnWraak -.-
I'm loving the Eunos Roadster, such a great drive.. with everything off including ABS.. having so much fun with it..

New Pics:

Let's start with some challenge for starters, since there's no leaderboards still..

Mazda Eunos Roadster/Tsukuba: 1.15.002 (all aids off, ABS off).

It's a brilliant combo!
Quote from Boris Lozac :Let's start with some challenge for starters, since there's no leaderboards still..

It's a brilliant combo!

1:05:977, all aids off. Soft sports tyres though and all upgrades (250 bhp).
....love the game but there is sooo many issues that need adressing, not only graphical bugs but also things that seem to have been overlooked....for example I am currently watching my b-spec driver race a maxed out 458 against hot hatches...kinda dull to say the least.
Attached images
Nürburgring Nordschleife.jpg
San Gimignano - Town Square.jpg
Road Course - Daytona.jpg
Quote from ColeusRattus :1:05:977, all aids off. Soft sports tyres though and all upgrades (250 bhp).

lol, either Boris is verrrrryyyy slow, or it's safe to say he needs to add a few extra rules 'n' regs.
I would imagine Boris is expecting people to race them stock
So wait, you can switch wheels between 2 cars?
I've noticed that the Camaro has NASCAR wheels
Quote from sinbad :lol, either Boris is verrrrryyyy slow, or it's safe to say he needs to add a few extra rules 'n' regs.

I guess so
Quote from speed1230 :So wait, you can switch wheels between 2 cars?
I've noticed that the Camaro has NASCAR wheels

no you can't switch wheels between cars...i just found them in the wheels section and thought the fit the car well
Quote from simulation :no you can't switch wheels between cars...i just found them in the wheels section and thought the fit the car well

Oh I was going to say, I also spotted MP4-12c wheels on the 458
Quote from Boris Lozac :Let's start with some challenge for starters, since there's no leaderboards still..

It's a brilliant combo!

Decided to give it try Bought stock Eunos Roadster 89' and did few laps, best one was 1:13,715. Kind of fun to drive.
If THIS is true, then boy oh boy thats some hell of a grind to get something that should have been in the game from the get-go.

I've got something like 30 odd hours in GT5, and I am only at level 20, so god alone knows how many hours, and how many repeated events (because I sure that there isn't enough events in GT5 to get to level 40 without repeating) it will take to get there.
I'm still debating whether to swap out the Xbox for a PS3 and pick this up, the only thing is that I'd want to use my G25 - which would defeat the point of console gaming for me, as my console is in my warm bedroom where I can heat up in bed, rather than in my FREEZING pc room.

Oh, and watching videos on youtube it seems there's a massive amount of steering lag when using a wheel? Is that only the animation of the driver lagging or is there actually a big delay when driving?

BAH choices.
Oh shi-
Wonder if there is even worse damage at Lv 100

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG