The online racing simulator
I found the AI really annoying in the Clubman cup and FF challenge. They're designed to be slow, but they're using Integra Rs and such, so the whole field just parks up at the first corner.

Do they just use faster cars in higher level races, or does their whole approach alter?
Quote from speed1230 :
Edit: I noticed, I thought the Castrol Supra is premium too?

Fixed, thanks..
Quote from speed1230 :GT1 did iirc, not so sure about GT2 though

GT1 only had 100+ cars so having rarity in 2nd hand cars wouldn't have worked

Quote from Furiously-Fast :Been playing and enjoying it. Loads. Here are some pics I took. Staring off with my first car (toyota Vitz):
http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/2067/autumnringmini.jpg

First race at night:
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/51/clubmanstageroute5.jpg

Cappu...thingy:
http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/3716/bernmarktgasse.jpg

MX5:
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/6001/bernmarktgasse2.jpg

I recently bought a Toyota Pick-up and S15. Both of which I haven't used. Man this game is addictive....

Your pics look too dark - increase your EV and calibrate your monitor

---

RUF Yellow Bird drift run - this car is handful in GT4. Wonder how it feels in GT5...
Definitely a left foot braking car.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G8RCRc_AlU
Quote from spyshagg :Well I'm straight from GT1 and 2. Dont remember waiting for days to buy any given car.

I remember in GT2 you had to wait for the 2000GT to pop up in the used cars section. Sometimes you would wait a couple in game days, other times it it would be a real time week of playing before it showed back up.
Quote from Sueycide_FD :I remember in GT2 you had to wait for the 2000GT to pop up in the used cars section. Sometimes you would wait a couple in game days, other times it it would be a real time week of playing before it showed back up.

and if i'm not mistaken, in both 3 and 4, certain cars were only available on one day, and that day only... if you don't have the money, then you have to start a new savefile.
Quote from bunder9999 :and if i'm not mistaken, in both 3 and 4, certain cars were only available on one day, and that day only... if you don't have the money, then you have to start a new savefile.

I believe the black toyota gt-one was one of them
Quote from Nadeo4441 :I believe the black toyota gt-one was one of them

Didn't they appear every 599 days or something?
"There was also a used version buy-able from the Late 90s used car lot along side the Nissan R390 GT1 in days 694-700 which has a black paint color, one of the secret black racecars"
Quote from J@tko :Didn't they appear every 599 days or something?

Quote from guidesarchive.ign.com :All these are "rare" cars. Every ten days, the used car inventory in each East City dealership changes. Occasionally, a rare car will appear, which is available to buy until the inventory changes again. The Cappuccino is one of those cars -- it pops up in the Suzuki dealership every so often. The Datsun appears in the Nissan used car lot. Just constantly keep checking the relevant used cars list every ten game days, and you'll eventually find what you're looking for. Other "rare" cars to watch for include the Toyota 2000GT '68, Mazda RX-7 A-Spec, Mazda AZ-1 A-Spec and Mazda RX-7 Turbo '83, amongst others.

One rare car i ALWAYS wanted on there was the TRD Supra. I'd always find it in the turbo race i believe, but could never obtain it.

EDIT: Isnt the Lotus GT1 one of the secret black race cars? Even though you can just win it in one of the races?
Quote from J@tko :Didn't they appear every 599 days or something?

Taken from IGN...
There are four special "black cars" that show up from days 694-700. If you
miss the cars the first time, wait another 694 days and you can buy them
again.

MAZDA 787B RACE CAR '91
NISSAN R92CP RACE CAR '92
NISSAN R390 GT1 RACE CAR '98
TOYOTA GT-ONE RACE CAR '99

As for GT5, I have to wait until Monday to go get it. From what i've seen so far, it's looking pretty damn good. I envy all who has it. Atleast the PS3 will have a reason to be switched on instead of the 360 for once.
It really is a "bullshot" generator as someone here likes to call them.

The game looks really very ropey, very often, when you're actually playing or watching a replay with stuff going on. Disappointing.
Hopefully getting the game tomorrow, can i do anything while it's doing that full install?
Quote from CoolColJ :Fap Fap

Ha, no seriously.. Can i atleast do some licences or something..
No
**** yeah. Golded the Elise challenge. God that's intense.
There's a way around for some easy money

Quote :1. Create a new account.
2. Select your birthdate as the year of the car you are looking for.

Use this list as reference:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/lo ... ducts/gt5/carlist_en.html

3. Start the game up, since it's your birthday, you will receive a voucher for a free car for the year you were born. Redeem your voucher and receive your car at random.

4. Gift this car over to your regular account.

5. Delete your save file for the account you just created.

6. Start up GT5 again with this account and you be able to redeem another voucher.

7. Repeat as necessary.

It goes without saying that you do this at your own risk. However, Sony generally does not care about this sort of stuff.

Birthday cars can't be resold over a certain amount.

1967 is the sweet spot for expensive classics. Ford Mark IV, 330 P4, Muira, 2D.

Anything over 1992 is subject to minor restrictions. 1992 has the F40.

No cheating for me....

http://www.eurogamer.net/artic ... auchi-interview-interview

Quote :We also received a lot of demands for having more regulations placed on the online play.
We're going to perform an update on the 27th that will include things like max power restrictions and weight restrictions.

Any chance of some proper reviews from some experienced LFS'ers?
jason.. I'm too lazy to do a full review.. but in short. It's good. It's not uber uber sim like iRacing is.. but it's real enough while still being accessable to average people that I enjoy it a lot. I'm different though from most, in that I don't care about premium models vs standard (I will admit that the standards look less good, but they don't look terribly awful).

Along with Kaz making frequent references in interviews to gradually add more features.. I think it's definitely worth the 60$ I paid (Which was shocking that it was 59.99, when most EA games are 69.99 in CA anyways.. devs for large releases like to money grub and make it the 69.99 price)
yesterday I had a long day playing with some friends in a gathering, basically doing time attacks, there were moments when the game feels arcadish when we try a civic type R on grand valley and realize going balls out, rear sliding into a corner is the quickest way in. However when we do the grand tour special event with the 8C, it geniuelly was an reducation on proper driving techniques, so some mixed experience.

I find that some car has ridiculous handling behavior, for example the C63 AMG. while some other feel sublime, there is some inconsistency issue through out the game.
what is the c63 like?
Quote from Gabkicks :what is the c63 like?

snap oversteer at corner entry, happens very often when you lift off the brakes and turning in, you almost have to give it some throttle pre apex to settle it down, you will just have to drive it to understand.

compare to a ISF, the handling is really wonky.
Played it for one day. Now for sale.

GT5 was good, but I spent about 90% of the time in the menus rather than racing. My time is better spent on iRacing on the PC where I can browse forums and multitask while waiting for a race to start, rather than sitting there bashing my face in during loading screens and backing out and having to search for a car that fits the criteria after I realize I don't own the right car for the event I want to participate in. Or somehow getting 800,000 credits after 40 minutes of actual racing.

The A.I. Oh gawd the A.I.

It's got some major flaws.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG