The online racing simulator
Waste of money?, its all relative, people spend far, FAR more on things like fags and booze, which I personally think is a complete waste of money.

Each to their own, gaming is a pretty cheap hobby these days, what with buying games of the internet, and how much they are discounted.

The women to the right looks scary.
I'm not really bothered with the low detail standards tbo, what worries me more is the lack of pace the AI has been showing in all these vids.
Quote from SAxor :I'm not really bothered with the low detail standards tbo, what worries me more is the lack of pace the AI has been showing in all these vids.

All of the more recent videos show very competitive AI, so
According to OPM (Official playstation mag)....

Quote :"Curious to test my virtual opponents' skill, I slam on the anchors and my immediate followers waste little time in powering past," it reads.

So far, so good for Sony's much delayed racer then.

"But just as things are looking promising, carnage ensues," the feature continues.

"Even though my car is easily avoidable, parked on the side of a wide straight, I watch the rear view hoping the next batch of rapidly approaching cars do the smart thing and veer around.

"They don't, and in that fraction of a second, the impact reverberates beyond the DualShock3.

"Gran Turismo 5's AI remains a long way short of passing the Turing Test."

OPM goes on to say that it seems as though AI has lost some much needed attention to other areas of the game such as graphics and content.

Ultimately, though, the mag labels the game as "unquestionably the most complete Gran Turismo experience to date. All those years waiting have been worth it."

Don't stop in the middle of a race and you'll be fine
Quote from danowat :"Curious to test my virtual opponents' skill, I slam on the anchors and my immediate followers waste little time in powering past," it reads.

So far, so good for Sony's much delayed racer then.

"But just as things are looking promising, carnage ensues," the feature continues.

"Even though my car is easily avoidable, parked on the side of a wide straight, I watch the rear view hoping the next batch of rapidly approaching cars do the smart thing and veer around.

"They don't, and in that fraction of a second, the impact reverberates beyond the DualShock3.

"Gran Turismo 5's AI remains a long way short of passing the Turing Test."

OPM goes on to say that it seems as though AI has lost some much needed attention to other areas of the game such as graphics and content.

Ultimately, though, the mag labels the game as "unquestionably the most complete Gran Turismo experience to date. All those years waiting have been worth it."

Sounds like multiplayer LFS
Quote from MijnWraak :All of the more recent videos show very competitive AI, so

What???, in these vids they mostly trounce him on the straights, then brake uber early and carry pathetic corner speed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B3eLrr6UZ4
Around 2:35 the Mazda even brakes after the apex.

There are many others showing the same.
Quote from MijnWraak :Don't stop in the middle of a race and you'll be fine

What he said. GT5 isn't the ultimate parking simulator (or crashing simulator for those complaining about damage)
Review embargo is lifted on Wed 24th at 8.01am, so don't expect any reviews till then.
Here's another good video from that french guy Chris, real racing driver..
Something happened with his rear left tyre, started smoking at the end of the race, he believes since he is Level 10, that he 'unlocked' tire wear and damage, said he hit the wall in the other race and felt the damage..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... p;feature=player_embedded
Surely the game would tell you if you'd unlocked something as important as tyre wear and damage?
Well i guess they think it's not something they should tell you, but it quietly unlocks as you progress..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Well i guess they think it's not something they should tell you, but it quietly unlocks as you progress..

All very well and good, but how often do you see a tyre smoking like that as someone drives in a straight line?

How about: never. Reminds me of the early days of LFS tyre wear.

I was hoping you meant that he'd had a crash and the tyre was rubbing on the body, but as a result of heavy cornering?
Still happens in LFS fwiw.
It doesn't even matter.

Forza's damage is shit anyways, there's 3 models that just swap depending on randomness. In what planet does a frontal impact yield a drivable car, along with scrape marks on the roof and a dinted rear?

That's just if(impact){car.modelSwap(3);}... pretty simple logic, and yields shitty results.
Quote from sinbad :All very well and good, but how often do you see a tyre smoking like that as someone drives in a straight line?

I was hoping you meant that he'd had a crash and the tyre was rubbing on the body, but as a result of heavy cornering?

Yep, i don't know why would the tyre leave smoke trails all the time, it should only under heavy braking and maybe if you have flatspots..
that's a nice flowing track!
Hey I just noticed:
There are drivers called Senna and Alonso in that B-Spec race video
Quote from sinbad :All very well and good, but how often do you see a tyre smoking like that as someone drives in a straight line?

I was hoping that you were be facetious and that it was the result of body rub... but it isn't. That's sad.

I hate 'blingy' features that make no sense.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :It doesn't even matter.

Forza's damage is shit anyways, there's 3 models that just swap depending on randomness. In what planet does a frontal impact yield a drivable car, along with scrape marks on the roof and a dinted rear?

That's just if(impact){car.modelSwap(3);}... pretty simple logic, and yields shitty results.

lol you really are like a Forzaphobic- always the first to mention the game. Perhaps overcompensating for a secret passion for it.
True, what's up with constant Forza Forza, who mentioned it.. sometimes you sound like a 10 year-old
But i do agree on damage and sound comments, all over the web.. how people are ignorant and have no idea of what they're talking about. Damage and sound is REAL-TIME! How on earth no one respects that, and think it's better that parts just randomly start hanging from the car, and that the car sounds OMG~!11!!! with the sample, which gets booring and unusable after 2 laps.. arghhh.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG