The online racing simulator
Good interview, makes you realise how much work Scawen has had to do aswell.

Let's hope Scawen's tyre model will keep LFS going for a long time
This community is starving and I hope we'll see at least a test patch of anything this year.
I also think something like the great LX-month - AutoX competition and the LX skinning competition could bring a bit of fresh air while everyone is waiting.

Land
Quote from aaltomar :iRacing will probably get an updated tyre model before LFS does. Dave seemed to be pretty enthusiastic about it.

Here's a video of the version in development:
http://www.virtualr.net/iracing-com-new-tire-model-video/

In an earlier video Dave was asked how the new model compares with the old one and what grade would he give them respectively. Current model 5, new model 10 (with a wink).

Pretty promising, probably along the same lines Scawen is developing the LFS tyre model. Here's a longer interview about the new tyre model: http://www.virtualr.net/iracin ... re-model-video-interview/

yeah i was watching that a few days ago and thinking that it would be interesting to listen in on a conversation between dave and scawen.
Dave would realise Scawen knows more than him, and is much more advanced in his tyre model, then bring 100 lawyers to stop the interview ever seeing the light of day
Quote from aaltomar :iRacing will probably get an updated tyre model before LFS does. Dave seemed to be pretty enthusiastic about it.

I'm not an expert of any kind, but I kinda have an impression that the iRacing tyre updates won't be out for a few months at least for all cars (watching the SRT open day video interview) and even then it will only equal what LFS already has now, if not, then either close or only slightly better. After this then LFS would soon get the awaited update and again surpass iRacing physics-wise. If let's assume LFS is patched within the next 12 months is this statement above reasonable?
dead mead ala bala ...then LFS get born again with new patch soon
I hope that patch will be released for christmas and that would mean that we might have a...
Quote from Scawen :decent period of public testing

...somewhere in November.

Go Scawen!
Everyone's allowed to have dreams
Quote from Amynue :I hope that patch will be released for christmas and that would mean that we might have a......somewhere in November.

Go Scawen!

Which year?
If I remember correctly Scawen told that sometimes there is no idea for the solution of certain problems with the new physics, then makes a break to refresh mind.
I wonder if in his spare time programming of new physics, introduces other things from his list of things to do.
If so, will be good but if not, we are in ass!

Then maybe patch will be released for christmas, but next year.
after christmas is before christmas
I just wish we had something new to stop things being stale. There must be some content sat there waiting to be added that needs little testing. I know the new tyre physics have taken a lot longer than expected with still no idea of when they will be finished so surely we can have something like the new interiors for the cars that didn't get updated. I once got told that giving little by little often is a better policy than giving a lot once.
I think scawen said he's expecting some good releases this year.
Quote from Uke :I think scawen said he's expecting some good releases this year.

That was in 2009, I think.
^rofl

BTW, I think everyone is expecting a release(or a test patch) in 2010...
Quote from Amynue :I hope that patch will be released for christmas and that would mean that we might have a......somewhere in November.

Go Scawen!

I would be happy with a test patch before this year ends and official patch release in early 2011 ().

That would be awesome christmas present.
Quote from kimd41 :I would be happy with a test patch before this year ends and official patch release in early 2011 ().

That would be awesome christmas present.

yea it would be cool but it will never happen :hypnotize:lfs:
Quote from Udris1992 :yea it would be cool but it will never happen :hypnotize:lfs:

from where are you so sure about this?
I am sure because no updates 2 years ? and maybe next year there will be some updates but this year I dont think so. because Scawen have lot of work on Physics
Quote from Udris1992 :I am sure because no updates 2 years ? and maybe next year there will be some updates but this year I dont think so. because Scawen have lot of work on Physics

Lot of work on physics? Two months ago he said he feels they're coming close, but that was before said about the carcass deformation. Since then he hasn't reported anything, so you don't know how much work is left. He may well be polishing carcass deformation and doing last touches before giving it to their beta testing team.
Quote from JasonJ :and even then it will only equal what LFS already has now, if not, then either close or only slightly better. After this then LFS would soon get the awaited update and again surpass iRacing physics-wise.

I'd say you're being pretty optimistic here regarding LFS

I've only one month of iRacing experience when it first launched so I can't really say on experience how the iRacing tyre model compares as it is know. But with the laser scanned tracks, competitive racing, "real" cars and real attention to details with constant updates (albeit much more expensive) the only place where LFS is going to have a clear edge is pricing. The current iRacing tyre model can't be that far off compared to current LFS model.

I'm just waiting for a nice GT car, Porsche GT3 RSR or the likes to continue to subscribe to iRacing. Where LFS currently stands I don't think it has enough polished content. The game code is good, but sounds and graphics are clearly lagging behind (aaand maybe the tyre model also). And while people are entitled to have lives, most of us are expected to work for a living and taking 6 months off to move/fix a house really grates me the wrong way. And I've been with LFS since the first playable version was discovered (since it wasn't exactly being promoted in any way), I have devoted my time following LFS and hoping for an update or content addition, but LFS starts to remind each passing day more and more like the West brothers Racing Legends vaporware.
Quote from Amynue :That was in 2009, I think.

No it wasn't. He posted it on this thread.
Quote from aaltomar : LFS starts to remind each passing day more and more like the West brothers Racing Legends vaporware.

You may have some valid points in your post, but not this one. How can you say that LFS is 'more like' a project that was abandoned before a single public release?
Nah. Racing Legends is coming out. I sense it.
I still can't understand why Scawen doesn't keep a log about what their doing. I think that would keep us calm, if we knew what was going on
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG