The online racing simulator
Why did Webber turn the wheel to the right after hitting a wall? ? I can't believe its not intentional
Quote from zeugnimod :
Where is your evidence to back up that Webber intentionally wrecked Rosberg?

IIRC the wheels were spinning after he kissed the wall. Even if the front right wheel was in the air, there are 3 wheels left. Any driver with a common sense would stand on the brakes.
This is saddening, you lot are groaning over this incident and not even the FIA care... move along and look to the next race :| stop being miserable gremlins, it was a great and entertaining race... thats it.... now shush you useless... things.
Not saying anything to that Webber - Rosberg incident, however I must say I've never seen dirtier cars after the race.
I evidently had nothing better to do (shrugs) And, maybe he could have done things differently, but he didnt, stop being pedantic everyone, mistakes happen, webber didnt do that intentionally and just tried to get facing the right way, I dont even like the guy.... :|
Yes, I totally agree that Webber, after making contact with the wall deliberately steered into the path of Rosberg. I mean, after having a shunt that could potentially ruin your World Championship hopes the first thing that comes into mind is, that bugger Rosberg is behind me, I hate him, Let's try snatch him up in this incident.

Seriously guys, you could tell, there was no grip, no deviating from the line through that complex, once you had lost control you were a passenger in them conditions. Rosberg couldn't have done anything else to stop himself from running into Mark because any drastic direction changes (which is what it would have to be to avoid Marks spinning car) would result in himself facing the wall.

In my opinion there was not another thing Mark or Nico could have done to avoid the collision. Marks front wheels were locked while going backwards across the track and Nico would have known exiting the previous corner faced with Marks car sliding across the track, that there was going to be an accident. Nico scrubbed off enough speed while trying to avoid an inevitable incident and I'm sure there are no hard feelings between the two of them.

Hard luck on both parts. They will get over it (Mark maybe not so quick as he made a mistake) and so should we.
Vettel hits teammate Webber at Istambul and retires:
LFSF:"LAM3R LEARN TO OVERTAKE!!1!!

Alonso suspected to gain a position while going 4 wheels off track at Silverstone.
LFSF:"ZOMG CHEATER!!1!ELEVEN!"

Vettel makes a mistake and hits Button at Bus Stop.
LFSF:"ZOMG GP3 DRIVER BANBANBAN!!!11!!"

Hamilton hits Massa at the start at Monza, breaks something on front right and retire.
LFSF:"STFU HAMILTON LEARN TO FINISH RACES SUCK3R!!!1!"

Webber goes off track in Korea, hits the wall, gets sliding back on the racing line on 3 wheels, and gets collected by someone who isn't even part of the fight for the championship by the way.
LFSF: "ZOMG WRECKZ0R BANBANBAN!!1!"

But if Webber/Alonso/Hamilton/Vettel makes a brilliant pass:
LFSF: "PASS OF THE YEAR Webber/Alonso/Hamilton/Vettel/whoever FOR WDC!!1!ELEVEN"

And should I mention this one:

All championship contenders behave properly and all finish in top 5, while none of them could have realistically aimed for a better position with their respective issues:
LFSF: "ZOMG BORING SHIZ IZ BORING F1 FTL!!1!"

LFSF, taking fanboyism to a new level.

E:

Quote from Intrepid :Silverstone feels British, Monza feels Italian... etc.... whereas all these tracks feel like Tilke. This top down approach to enforcing motorsport on the people of the countries is creating such a hallow atmosphere.

Agreed. If some Tilke tracks are probably better overall than others, they quite look the same in the end. 2/3 uber long straights, a bunch of 2nd gear corners(except for Korea thanks god), some more or less exciting 3th/4th gear sections, enormous runaways everywhere, with as a result spectators put miles from the action.
Quote from garph :Anyone who thinks webber intentionally tried to take someone out is, hmmmm how to put it in a nice way.....ah, a total ****ing moron.

Well said. The fia will know anyway because the brake pedal trace will show if he braked or not, which he did.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Vettel hits teammate Webber at Istambul and retires:
LFSF:"LAM3R LEARN TO OVERTAKE!!1!!

Its true though. He should learn.

Quote :Alonso suspected to gain a position while going 4 wheels off track at Silverstone.
LFSF:"ZOMG CHEATER!!1!ELEVEN!"

Huh? People said that?

Hm... I just seem to remember people saying something along the lines of, "He gained a place he got a penalty. Nothing else, nothing more".

No screaming of cheating or such...

Quote :Vettel makes a mistake and hits Button at Bus Stop.
LFSF:"ZOMG GP3 DRIVER BANBANBAN!!!11!!"

Yeah, see number 1.

Quote :Hamilton hits Massa at the start at Monza, breaks something on front right and retire.
LFSF:"STFU HAMILTON LEARN TO FINISH RACES SUCK3R!!!1!"

What the...? Who said that again?

Quote :Webber goes off track in Korea, hits the wall, gets sliding back on the racing line on 3 wheels, and gets collected by someone who isn't even part of the fight for the championship by the way.
LFSF: "ZOMG WRECKZ0R BANBANBAN!!1!"

Me and JPeace were actually talking about how Webber must have thought it was Hamilton behind him. Silver car, yellow helmet... You know...

3 wheels is more than enough to grind to a halt right there and then when he hit the wall. Instead he turned his wheel onto the track and decided to leave it to his rivals to stop him.

I never said it was intentional. But it was just bad.

Quote :But if Webber/Alonso/Hamilton/Vettel makes a brilliant pass:
LFSF: "PASS OF THE YEAR Webber/Alonso/Hamilton/Vettel/whoever FOR WDC!!1!ELEVEN"

Sorry? I swear I have never seen anyone say that during this season. Not even the biggest of the "fanbois".

Stop taking things out of proportion. The few "fans" who do say that are best ignored and certainly do not represent the whole of the community here.

Quote :All championship contenders behave properly and all finish in top 5, while none of them could have realistically aimed for a better position with their respective issues:
LFSF: "ZOMG BORING SHIZ IZ BORING F1 FTL!!1!"

I will agree on that. Seems like everything is boring to some fans. Makes me wonder why they still watch it.
Quote from DevilDare :
Me and JPeace were actually talking about how Webber must have thought it was Hamilton behind him. Silver car, yellow helmet... You know...

3 wheels is more than enough to grind to a halt right there and then when he hit the wall. Instead he turned his wheel onto the track and decided to leave it to his rivals to stop him.

LFS hasn't got rain yet so how should you know?

I don't think any of us can understand what it takes to stop one of these cars, and I realise I could be contradicting myself but I would have thought that Webber was putting as much braking force into that pedal as he possible could. Look at the other incidents when drivers have dived on the brake pedal throughout the race and went straight on or slid off track.
I dont know.

But it seems to me that it would have been more than enough at the speed he was crawling.

Schumacher did a fine job in '98 to bring his 3 wheeled Ferrari back to pits in much wetter Spa.

Anyway, its over.
Quote from JPeace :Blah

A kart and a Formula Renault. Bother very stiff suspension set ups, and a lot of similarities but still not a Formula One car.

I would like to know how fast Mark was going when he hit the wall and when he was drifting across the track.
#141 - CSF
Quote from Kandis :Why did Webber turn the wheel to the right after hitting a wall? ? I can't believe its not intentional

He didn't. He let go of the wheel, sensible with impact coming, then didn't try to stop the car when it started to spear off right again. Though maybe Nico should have been slowing, just a bit, when he saw a car out of control like that, but I think Webber could have made some kind of effort to keep his car to the left.

E: Hmmmm just noticed he did have a hand on the wheel through the mud....... well he could have kept that left then... :S
Wow, people assume Webber MAY have done that on purpose. No offence, some of you must really suck hard. Most people make the same mistake over and over again, and that is, criticising from a tv screen AND/OR from a grandstand.

No offence guys, and this goes for me as well, we dont drive F1 cars. We may drive karts, formula renaults, formula fords etc, but we dont drive F1 cars. We can only judge and criticise to a level that this forum (and im sure the rest of the internet) go well beyond. If some feel the need to talk a load of bs, than it doesnt really show much, and im sure many would hate me after this post, but im just posting my opinion, just like many do here.

GreyBull [CHA] pretty much sums up the point im trying to get at.
Quote from DevilDare :Exactly my thoughts. Shame... Sad to see drivers endangering rivals to win something out of it.

/coat

Hamilton for the championship please. If not, then Alonso (He kind of deserves it this year. Even with team orders). No Red Bull. Thank you.

wow at ignorancy.
Indeed.

Go me.
Quote from GianniC :Nasty crash from Petrov and not one single medic checking up on him if he is allright... Among other things, Korea GP clearly has a lot of work to do and came of very well today (especially seeing the conditions and what might have happened).

This was one of the most shocking things during the race for me, much more so than Webber's odd choice of steering direction.

Petrov sat in that car for quite a few seconds seemingly unconcious or at least sitting suspiciously still and nobody checked on him. If there had been something seriously wrong he'd have been in a whole lot of crap.
Well that was interesting, you have to admire the confidence of Alonso, he said he would win the championship when everyone thought he was out of it, and now he is leading with two races to go. Crazy person of the day has to be Sutil, as Martin said he must have passed those Saubers a dozen times. I'm also suprised that nobody went to attend to Petrov, that crash must have set off the G warning in the car, at other events they would have deployed the safety car and had doctors on the scene to check on him.
Quote from zeugnimod :
Where is your evidence to back up that Webber intentionally wrecked Rosberg?

Actually, he probably tried to wreck alonso intentionally xD

But seriously, what was he thinking by steering back to the track...
Quote from JazzOn :But seriously, what was he thinking by steering back to the track...

He didn't, his rear wheel was broken, the car was a tripod when it went back across the track and he probably had little to no braking. You see it clearly on one of the replays, I think he only had 1 or 2 wheels touching the ground.
Anyone see Massa trip up on the way to podium?
There's a saying in football: "Never take advice from someone who has to pay to get into the stadium". I think it translates quite well to internet "experts" from all sports - even those that have driven karts.

2010 FORMULA 1 KOREAN GRAND PRIX (Yeongam)
(217 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG