The online racing simulator
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I'm also suprised that nobody went to attend to Petrov, that crash must have set off the G warning in the car, at other events they would have deployed the safety car and had doctors on the scene to check on him.

Yeah that made me angry, it was a while before he lifted his head and he looked pretty dazed when he got out of the car.
I'd like to see an onboard of the crash or a different angle, I always seem to find the same one. But yeah he did seem knocked out for a bit and pretty shaken up coming out of the car. IMO, this race was a mess...
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :He didn't, his rear wheel was broken, the car was a tripod when it went back across the track and he probably had little to no braking. You see it clearly on one of the replays, I think he only had 1 or 2 wheels touching the ground.

Ok, i guess he tried to initiate quick rotation when he felt the car sack down then, because he was clearly steering right (onboard) which put him directly back on the racingline/apex...

Not enough experience then and he need to wait another year to become DC
There's no way Webber threw himself in front of another car on purpose--dude's got no reason to be suicidal. His car was f***ed up pretty badly.
I can only remember seeing it live once in between and now on youtube, which is just filmed with a cam.

The File on megaload isn't up anymore, but if that's the case... well, fair enough then. I'm going to see it later on when i got the onboard race (wondering how dark it got in the end hoping the camera doesn't regulate it... )

E: Oh, you can stream it... True, didn't see he taking his hands off, but i have to say he doesn't really try to avoid coming back on the track either... Was a 50:50 chance, unfortunatly wrong decision by him, IMO.
Quote from evilpimp :I'd like to see an onboard of the crash or a different angle, I always seem to find the same one. But yeah he did seem knocked out for a bit and pretty shaken up coming out of the car. IMO, this race was a mess...

Yeah, he didnt even walk right, he was like drunk or something. I think the crash was bad, and the doctors had to be there to move him in something else and not walking out of the crash.
re: Webber - it's generally agreed among drivers that if your car is rolling out of control across the track, you let it keep rolling rather than stopping in the middle of the track or changing direction. That way it's at least predictable which way following drivers should go around the car. Unfrotunately Rosberg was just too close.

To say he deliberately took out Rosberg is just ridiculous.
That was a weird race

WTF was going on with Petrov?
Its nice to have the odd race every so often where the established routine goes out the window, feel sorry for Webber though, this season my be his last chance.
Quote from 5haz :Its nice to have the odd race every so often where the established routine goes out the window, feel sorry for Webber though, this season my be his last chance.

Well he jinxed it what that "i think the race should be aborted" attitude..
Alonso is just whining girl. Webber deserves the championship. Hope that Hamilton doesnt win...Why I hate Ferrari and McLaren? Guess twice.
Quote from JazzOn :Ok, i guess he tried to initiate quick rotation when he felt the car sack down then, because he was clearly steering right (onboard) which put him directly back on the racingline/apex...

He did what all drivers do when they are about to hit something and let go of the wheel, he only grabbed it again when the car was already out of control going backwards across the track, and by then it was too late.
and as someone said they're always told to try and let the car go off the track, if he'd have braked and they had worked he'd probably have ended up right on the racing line, rosberg was just unlucky to arrive before webber cleared the track. actually it would be interesting to know how much the lack of visability from spray caused rosberg to hit him.
What people tend to forget is that you don't want to be pressing the brake pedal in an impact, and after the impact you are still trying to get to terms with where you actually are on the track, maybe Webber thought he was rolling back in another direction.
Quote from JazzOn :Actually, he probably tried to wreck alonso intentionally xD

But seriously, what was he thinking by steering back to the track...

he had one wheel off the ground, so when he braked it steered him that way.
Quote from Mustafur :he had one wheel off the ground, so when he braked it steered him that way.

First of all, quicksilver pointed that out for me already (a long time ago xD) and secondly, he did not brake after the impact.

@Tinvek, only iirc, Rosberg said something like he saw him, but guessed wrong as where he is going...

@Blueflame, that would be just.. well odd... the impact wasn't that hard that he'd loose orientation. He sees the wall and that would naturally give him the indication, that he is going back to the track. Maybe he was just so massivly surprised by his own mistake - old fart :P

@Quicksilver, I think out of control is a bit too much said. After the impact he could have at least try... but well, i guess one can justify how he acted with that general agreement, which makes sense.
-
(Seb66) DELETED by Seb66
Found this on Autosport forums...

Now that would be awesome. Alonso v Hamilton battling it out in Abu Dhabi for a marginal WDC win.

Too bad its very unlikely it will happen.

Alonso really has this wrapped up IMO. Only an engine failure and 10place grid penalty would kill it for him.

A win in Interlagos and another cock up from Webber, or a finish in no higher than 5th, and Abu Dhabi becomes just a glamour "fun" event.
New points system rule, doesn't it.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Well said. But I think it already feels like Korea

If it is rural North korea, than I agree.

Korea doesn't have that much of a local flavor to begin with, you will be hard pressed to differentiate their architecture from Chinese and Japanese ones.

After they developed the city within the track it will look different, but probably wouldn't be full of Korean character.
Quote from NSX_FReeDoM :F1 drivers need to man up.

I agree with you, and I agree with Martin Brundell, and I agree with Lewis. I wanted to see a motor race in the rain. These cars would not of aquaplaned as the water level never went above ride height. I think there was alot of politics going on, and I remember something Damon Hill said after he was done with F1 about races going on in his day.

Quote from Damon Hill :It was raining pretty hard and you would say that, "Oh it's much to wet to go out", and then Bernie Eccelstone would come around to all of the drivers and say that "Your racing, and your racing, and your racing ..." And that would be it! We would go racing. It was all very simple in my day.

The excuse that the track is to slippy is a bonkers thing for a race driver to say. Yeah, it's wet, deal with it, it's the same track for everyone else!

Also, some of these WOREST driving I've ever seen from some of the mid to back fielders. Button stayed out of the way of quite a few accidents from drivers just not understanding that they can't do that at that speed at that turn and your always going to have a shunt. I think Button did a pretty good job even tho he finished where he did, he got more or less screwed the second he pitted in getting put behind all of those back markers and them not having the sense to race properly. Honestly, a lot of the first turn accidents we see on servers every day happed on various corners of that Yeongam track today.
Quote from Dygear :I agree with you, and I agree with Martin Brundell, and I agree with Lewis. I wanted to see a motor race in the rain. These cars would not of aquaplaned as the water level never went above ride height.

why don't they just set a minimum ride height? it would stop all the complaints about RB's flexi-wing too.
Quote from bunder9999 :why don't they just set a minimum ride height? it would stop all the complaints about RB's flexi-wing too.

They do, it's just that it's like 5cm or something like that, I can't be bothered to look it up. But each mm is wroth 1 point of down force, it would be the same as adding a whole turn of wing on some cars. The lower you can get the wing to the ground the more down force you get, the faster the car will go without having to add more wing.

As it turns out Martin said just after the restart about the race I was talking about and quoted from in my last post. It was a race in '89 that Alan Prost sat out and everyone else went racing.
Quote from bunder9999 :why don't they just set a minimum ride height? it would stop all the complaints about RB's flexi-wing too.

They only have static minimum ride height/wing height, but they can't possibly measure the cars while they are on track, that's the problem.

And just because the static ride height is higher than the water level doesn't mean cars won't aquaplane....because the race track isn't a perfectly flat surface.
Quote from JJ72 :They only have static minimum ride height/wing height, but they can't possibly measure the cars while they are on track, that's the problem.

And just because the static ride height is higher than the water level doesn't mean cars won't aquaplane....because the race track isn't a perfectly flat surface.

sure, but a 5 inch requirement would be better than a 2 inch one... they wouldn't have to worry about shaving down their undertray planks mid-race either...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG