The online racing simulator
2010 FORMULA 1 KOREAN GRAND PRIX (Yeongam)

Yeongam

Race Date: 24 Oct 2010
Circuit Name: Korea International Circuit
Number of Laps: 55
Circuit Length: 5.621 km
Race Distance: 309.155 km
Lap Record: -

TimeTable

Fri 22 October 2010
Practice 1 10:00 - 11:30
Practice 2 14:00 - 15:30

Sat 23 October 2010
Practice 3 11:00 - 12:00
Qualifying 14:00

Sun 24 October 2010
Race 15:00
All times are local

UTC +1

Fri 22 October 2010
Practice 1 03:00 - 04:30
Practice 2 07:00 - 08:30

Sat 23 October 2010
Practice 3 04:00 - 05:00
Qualifying 07:00

Sun 24 October 2010
Race 08:00

Tilke On Korea GP:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87545
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/87544

Driver Quotes:

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2010/10/11389.html

Local Weather

Should be fine

Seems like its going to be a good gp. Im optimistic
Attached images
Korea.jpg
Going to be interesting with a whole starting-field where noone has done the track except in simulators
Racing around it in F1 2010, it's quite a fun track to drive, I wonder how the real drives will receive it, I can't wait to find out the fastest time of the weekend too.
#4 - Bean0
UTC+1 times are an hour late
Race start is 0700 BST (UTC+1)

Hopefully the track will provide some overtaking opportunities, even if it doesn't then Koba will find somewhere
#5 - JJ72
Doesn't seem like a redbull track, just two major high speed long corners, probable Mclaren revival?
apart from the 2 big straights it seems like a redbull track.

The track is going to be really green though so hopefully there will be a massive tyre wear issue.

Kobayashi is going to love turn 3 though.
Good lap.
Looks like Red Bull should Q 1-2 again but good luck staying ahead at the start.

Then good luck passing them Ferraris and/or McLarens back.
Quote from Dygear :Racing around it in F1 2010, it's quite a fun track to drive, I wonder how the real drives will receive it, I can't wait to find out the fastest time of the weekend too.

I read the simulations produced an expected dry lap time of 1.44.

Will indeed be interesting to see how this fairs
Taken somewhere else

Apparently they have been quietly running some "test" groups of local touring type cars to get an understanding of issues with their track preparations. The groups that have used the track so far have reported that tyre deterioration is "incredibly severe".... one car apparently made 3 laps before shredding fronts on a less than 1200kg touring car.

Bridgestone is bringing the hard and the soft compounds iirc.
Quote from PhilS13 :Taken somewhere else

Apparently they have been quietly running some "test" groups of local touring type cars to get an understanding of issues with their track preparations. The groups that have used the track so far have reported that tyre deterioration is "incredibly severe".... one car apparently made 3 laps before shredding fronts on a less than 1200kg touring car.

Well, this should be interesting at least. We might see a three, four, five stopper race!
Quote from Dygear :Racing around it in F1 2010, it's quite a fun track to drive, I wonder how the real drives will receive it, I can't wait to find out the fastest time of the weekend too.

I feel exactly the same way.
Quote from PhilS13 :Taken somewhere else

Canadian GP v2.0
Quote from Bean0 :UTC+1 times are an hour late
Race start is 0700 BST (UTC+1)

Doesn't the time change from Saturday to Sunday?
No, Z. Time never changes

sry for the spam
Cant wait to have a look at the track, should be great
Looks kinda booring so far. Safety car failing
#23 - aoun
I find nothing wrong with the layout of the track. Its built great, looks as any other European track. I think it would be amazing as a half city circuit.

However that pit entry is dangerous!!
The last turn looks exciting, I love how the cars hug that wall on the inside then blast out onto the pit straight, should cause some problems with backmarkers too judging by how often the slower cars held people up there in fp1.
Quote from aoun :However that pit entry is dangerous!!

Yea I noticed that on the F1 2010 game, the pit entry is blind, but you gotta slow for it, could cause major issues, thought on the game you can easily drift wide on the final turn and not lose much time.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG