The online racing simulator
Fat PS3?

The eldest model of the PS3, who looks shiny?

I also have a X-Box 360(Yeah...), but both never broke down, I guess I didn't try hard enough!

Atm, no doubt I will buy GT5.
Crazy Taxi was multi-format. Definitely was released on PS2.

Not sure why anyone would want to play it on a PS3, though, much less why they'd want to pay whatever sum Sony think they can charge for the privilege. MS are just as bad, of course.
I'd perfer to rebuy my old games on the PSN. Most of my old ps games are all scrached up from poor storage abilities of a 13 year old me.

As for the planed obsolescence; my Blu-Ray drive craped out on me while playing demon soul's and wont play any PS3 games any more. But it still playes GT4 just fine. This failure reminds me of the old PS2. Just like the big PS3, the big ps2 failed just as the ps2 slim came out. My ps3 died in a similar way as well. The drives just will not buffer from the CD.

Hopefully GT5's install doenst require any buffering from the CD so I don't have to get a new one.
i fixed my ps2 when it stopped reading DVD-ROM formatted disks. it needed a cleaned laser, and a little wheel to be clicked a few clicks over
I guess your either born lucky or your not

I haven't had a single issue with any of Intellivision, C64, Amiga 500, Playstation 1,2 and 3 - knock on wood! Although my Amiga 1200 did cark it...
A vid from the Sydney Motor show demo -
FT-86G at the Toyota booth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf-GZbos7KA

And impressions, he eventually set the fastest time of the show, beating a Pro racing driver
Braking and weight transfer has improved

Quote :The physics on this are awesome, for those of you who have played the "Best Buy Demo", then it is the same as that. There is a lot more focus on weight transfer and also with tyre grip. I saw a lot of people driving down the straight, weaving from side to side and that was it, they were in a full on tank slapper.

Braking is improved also as a result, which makes braking in a straight line all that more important, and trail braking a lot harder. with all your weight shifted to the front wheels, any jerkiness under brakes and your in a full slide.

Graphics were a real treat. the game flowed seamlessly, and looked genuinely amazing. the lighting is perfect and i'm sure driving at dusk or at night, will cause some people, as jeremy clarkson puts it, to have a crisis!

Quote :So yeah, basically everything that josh said. The weight transfer was a lot more noticeable, I spun out a couple of time braking hard and turing into a corner and such. Felt really nice, framerate never went down once. Using the same wheel I have, so it was nice how it was going to play when I eventally get it. Pity I couldn't use manual.

What time did you go in?, as I was there till about 6pm. It was really fun so naturally I had a few goes. First lap was a 18.6, then a couple of 19's (lol), then it just went down. Got it down to 15.7 after a few times. Then I found a couple of new lines through some of the complexes (this probably after having 20 or so laps, hey It was fun!), result:

And I believe this is a peak at the Dynamic Theme for the PS3's XMB you get with the Collector's Edition
Quote from CoolColJ :I guess your either born lucky or your not

I haven't had a single issue with any of Intellivision, C64, Amiga 500, Playstation 1,2 and 3 - knock on wood! Although my Amiga 1200 did cark it...

I think it depends how heavily you use them, and probably a bit on how much you move them around too.

I went through loads of Spectrums (a 48k +, 2x +2A's and a ZX81) because of a factory fault with the soldering of the power supply input. It wobbled and when the connection broke you lost power. And anyone who remembers loading from cassette will sympathise But they (apart from the ZX81) were used a LOT.
I've also been through the 360's repair once (for unreadable discs due to overheating) and a replacement (RROD a year later). Thankfully the new one seems to be fine. And it gets used a lot too. The PS3 doesn't get used nearly as much, so it's fine too.

The older PS3 models have laser alignment issues if you switch between BR and DVDs a lot. So I guess because the accuracy isn't quite to important for DVDs, a little misalign won't kill it the same as it will the Blu-ray. I understand it's a simple repair though.
Monaco confirmed - that's the X1 prototype in the shot

and another
Is it Monaco, or "Circuit de la princpiales" or something Meaning, will there be real billboards and ads?
Quote from Boris Lozac :Is it Monaco, or "Circuit de la princpiales" or something Meaning, will there be real billboards and ads?

above looks like rome...
IIRC Monaco was in previous GT games correct, just renamed
Quote from DieKolkrabe :IIRC Monaco was in previous GT games correct, just renamed

This.

Quote from theirishnoob :above looks like rome...

It is, but I think it was meant that Monaco is confirmed and unrelated to that, there are "action" pictures of the X1
Quote from Boris Lozac :Is it Monaco, or "Circuit de la princpiales" or something Meaning, will there be real billboards and ads?

Cote d'Azur if that's what you mean.
Monaco, at least the GP curcuit, has never been in GT as far as I can remember, Cote d'Azur was, but it wasn't th GP track.
Yes it was. GT2 - GT4, and GT PSP was GT Circuit of Monaco.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
I am prepared to be proven wrong though......youtube links?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Yes it was. GT2 - GT4, and GT PSP was GT Circuit of Monaco.

Monaco, GT2?

AFAIK it wasn't
Wow, time has been unkind to my poor old memory!!!, I seriously can't remember that in GT4!, and I played the hell out of it!
I think it was GT2 had it. I know GT4 and I know GTPSP. However my PSP doesn't have multiple layouts, just a normal layout which is GP track.

EDIT: Wiki says GT3, GT4, GT5, TT, and GTPSP
Monaco is NOT in GT2 I can tell you that or my GT2 copy is unique in not having it.
Monaco, the real, licenced Monaco was never in GT, that's why i asked. Will it be licenced Monaco, with Zepter boards and stuff, or the made up ad-boards. It's not the same feeling..
Who cares TBH, it's the same track...

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG