The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Klutch :But it is however related to the ZS

And the 75 is related to the ZT

Yes, the 45, which is based on the 400, which is a Honda / Rover design. Quite similar to the 25 / 200...

The 75 is a totally different design from BMW / Rover they have 0 parts in common...
Quote from Jakg :
The 75 is a totally different design from BMW / Rover they have 0 parts in common...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rover_75

"Related MG ZT"

Production of the Rover 75 and MG ZT ceased when MG Rover Group went into administration in April 2005. The Rover 75 design was purchased by Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC) in early 2005, although the new MG Rover Group owner, Nanjing Automobile (Group) Corporation (NAC) acquired the tooling for the car. Both companies launched revised versions of the 75/ZT in China. SAIC's model was named the Roewe 750 (following the purchase of the Rover brand by Ford, the Roewe marque was created by SAIC for use worldwide) and NAC's the MG 7.

Yeah man. Totally different cars.
My point being that the 400 design was from the Honda / Rover partnership, the 75 from the BMW / Rover partnership - they have 0 parts in common and are designed in very different ways.
Quote from Jakg :Time for some moar mods...

Fitted a TrafficMaster system, and some switches for all the extra stuff i've added, mid way through upgrading the ICE and also upgraded to some Xenon projector headlights:

Next step should be some clear inner spotlamps to match, because the current inner lights now look a bit out of place
looks like a few of your retarded leds have died too lololol
Quote from Jakg :My point being that the 400 design was from the Honda / Rover partnership, the 75 from the BMW / Rover partnership - they have 0 parts in common and are designed in very different ways.

indeed:

rover 400 = taking a solid honda, reshelling it badly, assembling it worse then calling it British... which is true, you cant polish a brit.

rover 75 = crappy bmw engines and rover production quality need i say more ?
Guys, don't say that you buy/bought your first car(s) with economy/reliablity/running costs in mind in first place. Cause if you did, thats just not a real first car. It should be something thats more than just a car for you, something you fell in love at the first sight. I know some countries have silly insurance and tax for fresh license holders, but hey we always make sacrifices for our passion.

I wouldn't care what car is that MG based on, it looks badass. That rim and tyre on that bimmer looks stupid tho. Never really understood the point of that.
Quote from RevengeR :Guys, don't say that you buy/bought your first car(s) with economy/reliablity/running costs in mind in first place. Cause if you did, thats just not a real first car. It should be something thats more than just a car for you, something you fell in love at the first sight. I know some countries have silly insurance and tax for fresh license holders, but hey we always make sacrifices for our passion.

I wouldn't care what car is that MG based on, it looks badass. That rim and tyre on that bimmer looks stupid tho. Never really understood the point of that.

it looks cheap and tacky, i bought my first car for work.

my first own car was bought cause it was cheap. Simples, Regardless who you are, first car is always a cheap banger to rally for a few weeks then you upgrade.
my 1st car was a hand me down from parents. shitty vw polo 1.3 lol 1994 ^^

worth £500 cost me £3,500 to insure at 18 ^^
my first car was a shitter first gen rx7
it was very tempermental, but damn it was fun to drive

no power steering, no abs, and a high revving 12a
all the recipe for fun!
RX-7 FC was my first car aswell, when I got the drivers license that is, had plenty of yard cars before that. It was mainly thanks to RX-7's having cheap insurances in finland, based on the 1.3l engine displacement.

It was fantastic really, a decent looking sports car that was great to drive and a young kid without any NCB could afford insuring it.
my first car was a fiat tipo for going to school and work,my second was a 97 civic to get to work. now i have my real car i was always dreaming about when i was a kid.i will never sell it even if something happens to it.

coz love is what makes a M3 an M3(yeah i stole that from subaru commercials)

<3
E30 320i, bought it because i love E30's.
Quote from G!NhO :Yeah and twice as expensive and that is tyres not included on the real ones.
But they look really good tbh, i went to see them yesterday.

yeh i cant swallow fakes, just instantly taints a car for me.

Quote from Matrixi :Got this silly idea while driving, flashback time!

Shot with Canon EOS 300D - 5 years ago

Shot with iPhone 4 - today

thats actually pretty cool, should have got the angles dead perfect and everything.
-
(nisskid) DELETED by nisskid
only fakes i can tolerate are rota grid's

concave goodness for cheap. nom nom
Quote from Klutch :yeah, gtr's powerslide awesomely

especially if you rip the ATESSA fuse out
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hp ... 013_3805770_2877044_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hp ... 013_3805771_4404030_n.jpg
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hp ... 013_3805772_7167083_n.jpg

my mate skidding a touge near ebisu while i stood by the side of the road in like -2 taking pics lol

Quote from Klutch :only fakes i can tolerate are rota grid's

concave goodness for cheap. nom nom

BLASPHEMY!!

rota's are the worst of the worst, although i admit they look the part, anyone who knows wheels know ROTA's have just about the worst reputation as far as failures go.

http://i35.tinypic.com/24dmy5c.jpg

Quote from EeekiE :Yeah and it also puts more 'load' on the fuel tank, so what?

I said each to their own. If it makes you happy, then go for it. I just can't understand it myself. Maybe the idea of a track day seems nonsensical to you. But if you want to:

The difference is, a sports car was conceived in the idea that it will be doing track type driving. They're usually useless as a passenger vehicle compared to some average car. Especially the RX-7, as its best power comes from high in the rev range. Something not suited as well to street driving.

To have one, and to not use it as it was designed is pointless in my opinion. It's like getting sniper rifle with accurate scope, and only using it loosely aimed in the air as a starter pistol or something. Yes it can do that TOO, but it's missing the point.

The only thing being consumed is consumables. Namely, brakes, fuel and tyres. All of which are being treated better than with doing a burn out in fact.
The brakes are never used for more than a few seconds before they have the chance to cool again, so they're not going to glaze or boil the brake fluid.
The engine isn't bouncing off a limiter or heat soaking through lack of cooling.
The tyres too aren't being overheated and scrubbed, so aren't wearing at a pointlessly high rate.
The suspension is actually getting less wear that it would being driven on the roads too where I come from, but that's a different story...

It's also a lot more fun (to me) and a lot more challenging (to everyone). There's also a longer duration of that fun for the same wear.
If it even IS the same wear, as my brakes, nor engine, nor tyres are never working over their designed working temperatures.
It won't be a linear thing either, it will be exponential where something operating in it's working range, lasts far longer than something operating outside of it.

I do one track day a year, so I guess it depends how often people do this kind of thing.

And finally, and most importantly I think, the kind of person lacking this much mechanical sympathy doubtlessly drives harder on the roads than I probably do on the track.

you think to much, skids are fun.

saying that i dont do burnouts outside of line up for battles, as i just cant afford it lol

Quote from Klutch :Wow, you guys have noise restrictions on race tracks? wtf?

we actually have them here in aus man, but generally they are measured from the stands, so 90db from the stands ur car has the be ****ing loud as that's the same volume as putting ur ear right up against the tip of a car with a "sports" exhaust

marulan gets raped with sound restrictions, people are putting "sports" exhausts on full race cars and plumbing their screamers back in.

i also noticed walking through the pits in the D1 tokyo event they were all running this weird rota style exhaust tip that bends down to point towards the ground, makes sense i guess as they are literally drifting in a car-park in the middle of a city.

Quote from Scrabby :

could look dope, too mexican atm, needs guard pull and low.

Quote from theirishnoob :, Regardless who you are, first car is always a cheap banger to rally for a few weeks then you upgrade.

i saved up since i was 12 to buy a R32 Skyline, still have it to this day.
-
-
-
You're from SA yeah?
yeh
safe to assume you know dan (or some of the slideways guys?)
possibly, dan who? i think ive seen that slideways name around the forums, but not sure what it is.
my bad, not slideways, "weslide"

cant remember his last name havent spoken to him for a while
but hes owned a bunch of wicked cars

from memory
matt green onevia with bolt on flares
matt black 400hp widebody rx7
white, then eventually matt green laurel with an rb26 (http://i52.tinypic.com/28198o9.jpg, http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hp ... 661_3190176_5324914_n.jpg)
then a blue 32 GTR
and now from memory an s14

he went to japan last year with a bunch of other SA guys and ran a black missile laurel for most of the time there
small world

ive loved every car hes done, the guy has taste thats for sure haha
haha i remember him taking that thing out on one of the charity cruises, i was stoked, because i knew that he would just have the edge over cop attention than me in my track car haha. permits only work so far before a cop finds something else to rape u over when driving a track car on the street.
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG