The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
How did you clean those rims? or is one side the inside and when they are mounted on the outerside? Because that is one nasty thing.
lovely e34 toki, i hate you
Quote from mamoru :How did you clean those rims? or is one side the inside and when they are mounted on the outerside? Because that is one nasty thing.

I used tooth brushes and a special acid stuff I got from a friend who works in a tyre shop and they use this to clean the rims. Don't ask what kinda fluid it is, no idea, but it's not good for your skin. Took some time to clean the 4 rims, but it was worth it. 4/2 rims are damaged though, but meh at least they are clean.

Quote from theirishnoob :lovely e34 toki, i hate you

Thanks, unfortunately it's far from perfect, there are quite a few tiny scratches on both sides. It is not worth painting the 4 doors complete.. $$$ I might try the wax & polish technique and hope for the best.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :
Thanks, unfortunately it's far from perfect, there are quite a few tiny scratches on both sides. It is not worth painting the 4 doors complete.. $$$ I might try the wax & polish technique and hope for the best.

I dunno how tiny the scratches are, but if they are fairly fine, you should try something like this:

I know it says black trim wax, but if you slop it all over your paintwork and polish off well, it works a treat. The wax is black, but your car doesn't need to be black.. it will work fine on any vaguely dark coloured car, as long as the scratches are very fine. Obviously, if you try to put it on a huge deep scratch, you'll just end up changing the colour of your scratch from silver to black.

It's not a permanent fix as such, but Ii just hides all the very fine scratches that make your paintwork look a bit tired. I put it on an 84,000 mile dark blue Land Rover which had fairly average paintwork (it was all original paint, but not too good in terms of scratches), and the wax made it look like a whole new car.
atleast you can live with them... ( once theirs no metal showing/ their light + tiny ) then your laughing
Quote from theirishnoob :small price to be free i guess.

cars are very expencive....

the day they dont cause you an arm/leg/first born is a good day.

seriously... if you can rag it without doing 1000's worth of damage....

Win.

Here...take my welding knowledge..run forth and BEAD
Quote from JO53PHS :I dunno how tiny the scratches are, but if they are fairly fine, you should try something like this:

I know it says black trim wax, but if you slop it all over your paintwork and polish off well, it works a treat. The wax is black, but your car doesn't need to be black.. it will work fine on any vaguely dark coloured car, as long as the scratches are very fine. Obviously, if you try to put it on a huge deep scratch, you'll just end up changing the colour of your scratch from silver to black.

It's not a permanent fix as such, but Ii just hides all the very fine scratches that make your paintwork look a bit tired. I put it on an 84,000 mile dark blue Land Rover which had fairly average paintwork (it was all original paint, but not too good in terms of scratches), and the wax made it look like a whole new car.

Shoot all cats, they love a warm hood
Anyone into VIN codes? The sites I found are crap and only offer some basic data I know anyway.. This doesn't include full options, etc. Thought someone has great connections how could I get more info from "official" sources.
slotted discs + TRW lucas pads and greddy bov installed
braided lines next weekend anddddd

big single time! standard twins are on there way out so its time to make way for something with a tad more go...
has all supporting mods for 400rwhp+ just needs a gt35 slapped on the side of it
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
-
That looked extremely naughty the first time I looked at it.
-
Most women that do car shows etc are just reading the stuff off scripts, I know jack sh!t about cars, I've only met like one or two tomboys that could rip off specs of any car you wanted in about 2 minutes, I'm not one of them.
Quote from brandons48 :Ahhhh, I see.

If I ever get a turbo'd car it must have this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HblCEQXQ8Q4

aslong as it has no stupid fins in it lol

hate the squeeky sound
Quote from TehPaws3D :Most women that do car shows etc are just reading the stuff off scripts, I know jack sh!t about cars, I've only met like one or two tomboys that could rip off specs of any car you wanted in about 2 minutes, I'm not one of them.

I know a few girls like that
and they aren't tomboys at all, one of them is one of perths top drifters lol
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Anyone into VIN codes? The sites I found are crap and only offer some basic data I know anyway.. This doesn't include full options, etc. Thought someone has great connections how could I get more info from "official" sources.

i can look up vins here,not sure eu specs will be listed but i can try,pm me
S13 is gone, bought BMW

Why? Can't beleive you sold the S13 for an E36. That was an awesome project. Any info about the E36?
the 180 was better
-
Been a while since I posted up a pic, given the car a good wash for once! The black gives a nice shine (danthebangerboy, look out for this at the maids head in jan )
Attached images
DSC00079.JPG
bad move. But those wide rims with stretched tyres are fine
Saw this some time ago at DW. Perfect move!
Time for some moar mods...

Fitted a TrafficMaster system, and some switches for all the extra stuff i've added, mid way through upgrading the ICE and also upgraded to some Xenon projector headlights:

Quote from Jakg :Rover 45 has pretty much 0 relation to the MG ZT.

But it is however related to the ZS

And the 75 is related to the ZT
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG