The online racing simulator
I'm bored of actual physics in RallyX
I wish it will be more fun with new physics
Then I'll be back
I miss also PartyBoyU
Quote from Jens O. :
we had a few quite well organized servers,

At this point the 24h race in 2007 at KY GP Long Rev. springs to my mind. 3 Servers full of drivers with all the different car classes. Some new WR's in "I'll do the 24h all on my own"...live broadcasting and a lot of fun. This was at least for me the climax of LFS so far. After that event I kind of lost interesst since things just weren't going the way they should have during development.

But still...thinking back to 2005-2007, all the league racing, full servers with loads of skilled drivers...GREAT!

Oh, and talking of drivers, Csimpok was the first to share his setup with me.
Also Vykos, not as a driver since I've never had the chance to race him, but as a person pushing LFS-popularity to an extend I haven't seen by a community so far (German TV-Broadcasting, Racing Challenge sponsored by Siemens)
macEST was my hero when i first started
i miss the variety of racing and the amount of people.
now all you see is cruse cruse cruse and single seaters.
I miss everything that made LFS, LFS. Period.

Nowadays and the last 2 years, it seems like that feeling is gone.
Quote from SR BaCkFiRe :I miss everything that made LFS, LFS. Period.

Nowadays and the last 2 years, it seems like that feeling is gone.

Period? /0\

As your post describes, seems that you've mistakenly used ',' hold down Period '.' in game and all the feeling comes back!

Sorry - had to- I think I invented a new smiley.
I miss me.

Seriously I miss the battles I used to have with some of the mercury boys, and especially NickC, on CTRA. Some races I won, some they won. Normally our laptimes (and total race times) were within 0.5 of each other, great racing.

I miss the developers actually seeming to give a damn! It's alright if they don't want to continue developing, or they're having difficulties, just let us know!!

Well, not me. I don't play anymore, don't have a wheel thanks to whatever jerk it was that told Logitech I didn't cut my G25 cables. You're the one person I don't miss!
HI GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep still about, damn suprised I remembered my password

In no perticular order........

The guy that introduced me to LFS, on the Codemasters Forum for Toca 2
Everybody that made LFS from 2003 Onwards.
The Original LFS League
Night Racing ( Oh did I say that out loud )
Joecool Movies
CRC ( 1st and 2nd time )
Vykos Dancing (somebody must still have that video)
BBO and the Redwine Evenings (they was funny as hell)
The Community Spirit ( no offence, but it isn't what it used to be, on track anyway)
T7R Parties
First LFS Meet in the UK
Gopher04, Gav, Macest( and his surprise birthday wish) don't miss him for his driving, he was just to damn quick
Tristain and his Momo Modifications to fit my kitchen table
Nikimere, TinyUk, General_UK, Thisnameistaken, EMD, TheVeryEnd, Everybody from Afri-Cola and Boomerang Rapido ( thats alot ) and guys from Mercury.
Victor and his new hair cuts
Scawen getting a hair cut ( just kidding )
Being able to get in a car, and HAVE FUN!!!!!!!

Think thats about it....oh wait....how can I forget...DANOWAT AND THREE JUMP!!!!!!

Apologies if I have missed anybody, but I got friends with alot of people over a 4yr period
Who do you miss from LFS old days?

Scawen

I dont miss anyone because they are still here :P
regular updates. I miss those.
Quote from Vykos69 :Funny thing is, to most of the good old guys I still have contact. I miss Limiter and JeeP though. The first and only real XRT kings ever. MacEST and his Bro, RudiTurbo... Fortunately I still have good contact to most of the german guys from the furious 2004-2006 era (ok, maybe 2007 too ).
Edit: Where's lefty btw.?

I miss Afri-Cola Racing version 1 - and the good old days in general
aaah, another one of the old days threads, i wonder how many years they still will come up.

i mostly miss the times right before s1 release, demo races on blackwood in xrt, the time after with many many great racers until the release of s2. it still was fun for a bit after that, until ctra and crusing servers came around. that was what destroyed lfs for me.

i could write down some names too, many of them have been mentioned already and i would forget too many anyway.

what im really still wondering is if one day somebody will try to get most of "us" together maybe, i bet we could find everybody again, it would just be a massive task to organize it all.

at least those memories will stay, of times when lfs was still about FUN.
What do I miss?

Let's see

The ability to jump in a car and race, not bogged down by inSim. No offence to any InSim coders, Gods knows you're a talented bunch, but it's the way InSim's been used that has IMHO ruined LFS's community. Cruise, drift, a 'career' mode, An iR esque 'safety rating', CTRA to name but a few.

Also, what happened to the ability to race and have fun, not be a deadly serious racer? I view LFS the same way as a racing sim and a game. In that it's a very good sim, but it's also a game to have fun with. Too many people forget that and treat it as if it's the only thing that matters

One last thing, What happened to the forums?!

Who?

SamH, Dustin, Niall, Duke_Toaster mainly, those are the people I've spoken to most out of everyone
You're saying there once was a time where you didn't need to get points to drive a certain car? Cause damn that's annoying.

Fun.. In a way, But also boring in another.
Yes Paws, there was
There still are lots of servers that don't require points, just with no people on them.
Quote from TehPaws3D :You're saying there once was a time where you didn't need to get points to drive a certain car? Cause damn that's annoying.

Fun.. In a way, But also boring in another.

And the even older ones of us will remember the time before where you had to get points to drive a certain car..
History repeating itself
I remember hex editing my credits file every time I installed LFS
Because points are 'teh coolz y0' and people flock to the popular servers. Which..........have points!

Honestly I think LFS has become too mainstream AND exclusive. By that I mean yes it's opened up to the mainstream, but the popular servers are semi-closed off and the community isn't that welcoming to new members

@Z: S1 days. Didn't have a decent connection, but did the credits apply on a server too or was it SP? (And bring back S1 FXO looks pl0x)

EDIT: I may go out on a limb here, but can anyone justify an InSim use? (safety aside)
Quote from DieKolkrabe :@Z: S1 days. Didn't have a decent connection, but did the credits apply on a server too or was it SP? (And bring back S1 FXO looks pl0x)

Both, IIRC.

But you could just do 1 lap races on SO1/LX6, give the AI a bad set and you had every car unlocked after 10 or 15 races, I think.
I remember having to gain credits way back when. Had to pursuade my mum to buy me S1.....and was too scared to use the online mode .
CTRA and all the points based servers ruined it for me too, you couldnt pick up and play anymore.
As for missing people....Mkinnov8 (stoney), General_UK, kev (Thisnameistaken), Zeug (well, miss the racing anyway :razz, and ska69 (stil use his XRR sets to this day!)
Still feel pre '06 (and just before the fall of the final incarnation of the CRC) were the best times. Its nice to join the guys at DeadMenRacing on their server, its like a glimpse into the past. Keep it up guys!
Quote from three_jump :And the even older ones of us will remember the time before where you had to get points to drive a certain car..

i think you mean the time when you had to google for a cfg.sta (was that the name? its a long time ago) before you could play the game
KingNothing ubber skills
I miss GTR AstNat, T1. No, seriously, I do. I know it's still out there somewhere, but this is memory lane.

No, GTR AstNAT, T1. Nothing beats the feeling than starting at the back, as so many of the regular combo users did and watching everyone cane out on T1. Then you could find yourself in third and surrounded by all the other 1.41'ers that started at the back too. Good racing always ensued so long as you managed to ignore all the whiners asking for a restart.

I also miss ****ing up your setup. You get a good time, think you've nailed it, then you go and change something. Wham, all gone down the pan. I miss that.

I also miss my G25. LFS owes me a new G27. If it ever patches, thats what it's going to buy me. At the moment, as the build stands, it doesn't warrent any more invesment from me. I need some commitment to put in some funds.

I miss the good racing with good racers. Not the fast racers. Not the super alien ninja's. But the good, honest, respectful racers that you could battle out for 10 laps knowing they ain't going to send you into the armco. To all those guys (and gals . . hey Becky. Wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more. Say no MOAR!) I raise a beer. Cheers gents.

Maybe one day, we can meet again in the wee small hours, sipping San miguel and giving each other just enough space to pull the move off if you can make it stick, but positioned in such a way that if you've ****ed it up, your off.

Salute!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG