The online racing simulator
Who do you miss from LFS old days?
So I was thinking the other day (yes, rare I know!!!) and remembering some of the old characters that used to play loads of LFS.

Who do you miss and what are they doing now?

------------------------------

I'll start it off. The driver I miss racing against with the best attitude in LFS for me was:

Lord Blaster

what is he doing now? no idea but I'd like to know!

Also PIO, the XRR king!
biggie and old blackwood, that's first that comes to my mind. Oh and XRT in demo, we used to have awesome races with demo guys.
#3 - ErAri
how could you drive with them, NIKI ? hehehe

it was impossible...
Quote from ErAri :how could you drive with them, NIKI ? hehehe

it was impossible...

No it wasn't! You must be new here. 2008 I see.

I miss the old Blackwood, the bigger steering lock, the setupscreenloop (which I've lost somewhere), the drifting and my childhood innocence.

People, you say? My old teammates perhaps, or the people I met on the CLC server (not that long ago).
#5 - kaynd
Quote from N I K I :biggie and old blackwood, that's first that comes to my mind. Oh and XRT in demo, we used to have awesome races with demo guys.

That. And generally the aliens (and the competition) of the 2006-2007 era... those guys where unbelievably fast...
Compared to them, there are no more aliens in LFS now.
Motivation and all the people I used to race with
Cant really say that i miss someone in particilair...

I kinda miss the "atmosphere" and "lack of idiots on public servers" thing that was going on back then...

At that time you actually could go online on a drift server and find some really experienced and good drifters to do some twindrifting with. Now its a crashfest to say the least. When was the last time you saw a serious drifter in the RB4???

When was the last time you had a qeue that worked on a VS server??

And on race servers... when was the last time you actually started in the back and didnt get crashed out???
Quote from AcesHigh :At that time you actually could go online on a drift server and find some really experienced and good drifters to do some twindrifting with. Now its a crashfest to say the least. When was the last time you saw a serious drifter in the RB4???

Well maybe if we kicked out the ****s that think that RWD is the only car that can drift ( Even a UF1 can powerslide, Fool. )

And you can still do that.

Quote from AcesHigh :And on race servers... when was the last time you actually started in the back and didnt get crashed out???

Lots of times, If you start in the back you just gotta play what I love to call "Moving slalom courses" Or "Ring around the FZ2" Or my personal favorite "T1, For idiots."
I just miss IHR's server. Always gives me the giggles after T1
Most people who i knew as Aliens are still here now and then what i miss most is probably the servers when i go online now it's usually a choice between a GTAL/MoE server or cargame! Not much choice, LFS is really inactive at the moment, i suppose i miss CTRA too.
Southern Cross Racing, especially following Tailing's league performances. It's what got me hooked to LFS..
#12 - zapz
I miss the old forums (back when they were on RSC and when there was even a RSC!) and the old community spirit.

I also miss the early days circa 2004. Racing the MRT around south city, heck racing anything around south city back then was fun.

Kind of miss my old red momo from back then too. But it's replacement is much better, still, it was my first wheel.
Quote from N I K I :biggie and old blackwood, that's first that comes to my mind. Oh and XRT in demo, we used to have awesome races with demo guys.

So true about old Blackwood and XRT in demo.
I miss being able to drive fast

Me and a mate were always competing with each other, and were about equal. Sometimes he was quicker, other times I was.

He kept playing, I haven't played for a couple of years, and now I can't get anywhere near.

Worst thing is, even with the same setup, I can't see where I'm losing the best part of half a second on SS Classic in XRG.

And I'm determined to use the same setup to match the time!

Stupid pendulum rear end....
Tukko :lovies3d:
CTRA.
Kev. (He needs to be my LX bumchum some more)
Muroc. Always clean and fun to race against, and f00kin fast.
2006 - 2007 era.

Good people around, competitive races in leagues as well as on CTRA. Huge chill after whole day on populated TBO server battling with the best racers, having fun and simply RACING.

LFS is not only a racing simulator. Simulation needs people to simulate it. Something I felt in 2006, 2007, not nowadays.
I miss all the serious drifters from '03-'05, those were the greatest times.
good ol' days indeed, i miss myself the most!
#22 - priv
well fxo on so classic

and the mrt on so1 but thats looong ago .)
Quote from priv :well fxo on so classic

and the mrt on so1 but thats looong ago .)

those combos are still here
#24 - priv
2007 era was the best. Legendary servers with legendary players.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG