The online racing simulator
I miss KiDCoDEa.
I miss being healthy,LFS is still great the driving standards are better than it ever was in 2003/06, pick up racing is VERY healthy from the Redline and AA servers I 've observed and raced in over the last few months the racing is not worse ...its better than it ever was.

The 'not there to race' has never been as low.

Nostalgia is blinkered it only remembers the good times.
I miss John Penn
Quote from robt :CTRA and all the points based servers ruined it for me too, you couldnt pick up and play anymore.
As for missing people....Mkinnov8 (stoney), General_UK, kev (Thisnameistaken), Zeug (well, miss the racing anyway :razz, and ska69 (stil use his XRR sets to this day!)
Still feel pre '06 (and just before the fall of the final incarnation of the CRC) were the best times. Its nice to join the guys at DeadMenRacing on their server, its like a glimpse into the past. Keep it up guys!

I think I agree. I much prefer a bit of human admin action to insim daemons ruling everything.

The CRC was great fun at first but it became pretty officious when it was handed over to ATC to run, it seemed like we ended up with a bunch of well-meaning people with too much time on their hands making up rules that didn't need to be there, and the racing became centred around the XFR and nothing else.

And then the CTRA came along and made CRC irrelevant and took the humanity out of the racing in one fell swoop. Suddenly everybody wants some "points" and they don't give a **** about who's driving the car infront of them so long as they get out of the ****ing way because they've got 2 hours of LFS time tonight and they need MORE POINTS RIGHT NOW.

That was the death of just racing for the fun of it. Maybe spending the whole race trying to get past that irritating bastard who is somehow making his MRT as wide as the whole track at every point where you might get a run on him, who you will congratulate after the race for holding his position, and who will thank you right back for not being a dick and barging him off the road - those sorts of scenarios just didn't happen on CTRA.

But they do on Dead Men Racing, and that's why - if my wheel still worked - that's the only place I'd bother racing.
Quote from JasonJ :Period? /0\

As your post describes, seems that you've mistakenly used ',' hold down Period '.' in game and all the feeling comes back!

Sorry - had to- I think I invented a new smiley.

:insane:

..I'm surprised I might be with the earliest join date here
Quote from robt :Zeug (well, miss the racing anyway

I still do one evening every 3 or 4 weeks but am kinda in waiting mode atm as well.
Quote from robt :was too scared to use the online mode .

Haha! Happened to me when I got the demo for the first time around 2004 Good old days when teh internetz were much more scary than reality
Ctra and Popeye on Blackwood
Quote from thisnameistaken :
The CRC was great fun at first but it became pretty officious when it was handed over to ATC to run, it seemed like we ended up with a bunch of well-meaning people with too much time on their hands making up rules that didn't need to be there, and the racing became centred around the XFR and nothing else.

The CRC was never run by the ATC (lol). If I remember right Stoney ran the CRC (he was an ATC member at the time).

I miss those times

All the leagues with the CRC, ATC, SCCC, R4R guys and others I've forgotten were great fun. Mini leagues, stock cup, challenge cup, ah, good times.
Mini League!!

I got my first ever league race victory there.
Quote from zeugnimod :Mini League!!

I got my first ever league race victory there.

AS1 I think:

1.zeugnimod (zeugnimod)UF 100017:41.331:07.83151ks ac
2.gAg|CRC (garph)UF 1000+2.901:07.83151w ac gb
3.ATC Weed|M (Weed)UF 1000+17.111:08.99151w ac gc
4.[SCCC] Tukko (Tukko)UF 1000+18.381:08.61151w ac gb
5.ATC Bandit|M (WildRaceruk)UF 1000+18.441:08.81151w ac gc gb
6.[DPR] Dadge ™ (dadge)UF 1000+20.721:08.50151w ac gb
7.R4R 9Kringle88 (MR_B)UF 1000+22.411:09.62151ks ag ac gc gb
8.--==Gogo==-- (--==Gogo==--)UF 1000+30.741:09.51151w ac gb
9.DPR Widdow CRC (Widdowmaker)UF 1000+35.521:10.08151w ac gb
10.MaCaW|M (macaw)UF 1000+49.781:10.15151w ac gb
11.ATC Snowy (mkinnov8)UF 1000+50.061:10.31151w ac gb
12.DrDink CRC|M (Dr Dink)UF 1000+53.041:08.20152w ac gc gb
The first challenge cup (i love my own inventions :razz and stock cup were great! Getting second in the championship behind no_one who was in a diffrent league that season was my best moment...on keys too!

I'll have to keep an eye out for you at DMR kev, just use the keyboard and I'll go back to my good old days of fastest driver on keys Was always a leugh to tell people after the race.

Zeug: I sometimes race in the evenings (8 or 9 onwards UK time) on DMR, you'll have to come join some time.

This may be a who do you miss thread, but I think we should add a congrats to DMR for keeping what we miss alive
Hoffman's GTI Server & Team Boomerang Rapido
Taking the opportunity to inform you that the current weekly combo is...
LX6 on south city long!

It convinced me to take 3-4 months worth of dust off my G25, and that resulted in a big grin. And a few dents in the car... tough walls
Apparently I was less rusty than ThreeJump... but manny left us all in the dust.

See you on track!
I
Quote from robt :The first challenge cup (i love my own inventions :razz and stock cup were great! Getting second in the championship behind no_one who was in a diffrent league that season was my best moment...on keys too!

I'll have to keep an eye out for you at DMR kev, just use the keyboard and I'll go back to my good old days of fastest driver on keys Was always a leugh to tell people after the race.

Zeug: I sometimes race in the evenings (8 or 9 onwards UK time) on DMR, you'll have to come join some time.

This may be a who do you miss thread, but I think we should add a congrats to DMR for keeping what we miss alive

I have the results and standing for the stock cup, 2006 and some more on my computer. Got quite a few actually.
Quote from Mille Sabords :
Apparently I was less rusty than ThreeJump... but manny left us all in the dust.

I was very happy with my pace considering that I this was the first time I actually used the lx6 for some decent racing, not speaking of using the shifter
Gotta go, need to prepare more excuses for tonight
Quote from robt :Zeug: I sometimes race in the evenings (8 or 9 onwards UK time) on DMR, you'll have to come join some time.

I would if that damn server didn't have FCV. :thumbsdow
Quote from Mille Sabords :Spankmeyer. Zeug can't do it properly

PS: Could someone tell me where Doorman is gone???

Last I heard He was playing MS Flight Simulator
Quote from zeugnimod :I would if that damn server didn't have FCV. :thumbsdow

you get used to it zeug, just dont let me near an XRR or LX car with FCV im useless.

Garph, youll have to pm me a link to some of those results if you can upload them, though i think you have my email address somewhere anyway?
Got a great picture from the last turn of the last lap at As National which kept me my second place, looks like chaos....could tell I was pushing
Attached images
Race13_024.jpg
There are really too many names that have gone since 2003 I really started with LFS. Good to see some of you are still around.

Who I miss... First I would love to thank the guy that recommended in some chat site I should try Live For Speed - I did't even have a wheel those days, the game was good enough to blow my mind even with mouse. Also, I do miss André who is mainly the reason I'm still here with OLFSL. Through that league I've connected with numerous great (both on and off track) racers and had the most fun time I've had with a computer ever.

What I miss the most... is all the time I used to have around to spend with LFS - it seems extinct these days

...and I do have the Vykos-dancing video somewhere
Quote from thisnameistaken :
And then the CTRA came along and made CRC irrelevant and took the humanity out of the racing in one fell swoop. Suddenly everybody wants some "points" and they don't give a **** about who's driving the car infront of them so long as they get out of the ****ing way because they've got 2 hours of LFS time tonight and they need MORE POINTS RIGHT NOW.

+1

History repeats itself, I was thinking earlier, are all the insim servers an attempt to copy the CTRA?

If I'm remembering right, back when it launched, it was unique. Non-insim servers were the norm. whereas now every new server boasts about insim.

IMO that's taken the fun out of racing and made people worry too much about Insim stuff like ratings or points.

EDIT: Heck if next patch scaled back InSim support I wouldn't miss it to be honest. There's no substitute for a human admin, I've been nosing around various team servers and the prevailing wisdom is 'Insim is always right'
Gee, who do I miss?

Well, my old teammates Jibber, Alucard, Narff, Royale00, Axle, Jehooeremy...
Some buddies [Emperor]Rick, [Yashio]Luckinator, Stanley Carter, KamkoR, RicerX, Vendetta...

And when I say miss, I mean missing being on track with them. Some of them I still talk to, one of them got me a great job in his country for a year and another of them has actually become my closest friend! That's quite an impact LFS had on my life if you think of it! And besides that, it's the single game/sim I still (occasionally) play since 2004.
I miss the old GTT with dual exhaust and lfs on credits and so on
Also i miss a lot of guys which i have raced with...Moo.Racing for instance and ClownPaint. Those guys rocked for me at that time....

Who do you miss from LFS old days?
(174 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG