The online racing simulator
i like the new handlig 100x better than the old,at least i can drift now
atmosphere is 100 out of 10. its good game,not a sim.. dont forget.
riiight, so I'll try to get answers to those questions that actually matter to me, without "oh it's crap I don't like it", but with explanations as to how and why.

1. Roads. Is the low poly road problem fixed and it's smooth in the mountain bits, or do we still get highways that remind me of good old fashioned offroad rally.

2. Gravity / weight in hardcore mode. Do I still get to launch a RUF into outer space if I take a bump at 80 mph, or is it fixed too?

3. Arcade mode physics, is there some sort of a post grip level where you can actually control the slide with the wheel and throttle, or does it lose grip and insta spins out?

4. Digital dashes. Do they work this time? It's been a huge pain to drive a tuscan or a McLaren with their fully digital dials, which didn't work...

^^ If those are "yeah, all fixed", it's a great game, Im sure.
1. road are very nice,smooth and hi poly
2.gravity actually is higher than it should be,so u wont lounch any car into space.
3.grip level has some issues,but i could hold drift with keyboard,so i dont it would be an issue with wheel
4.i did not see digital dashes yet

these are my opinion ofc
Quote from anttt69 :Things are not looking good. What would you say the current physics compare to game wise?

I'll try to explain beneath.

Quote from squidhead :riiight, so I'll try to get answers to those questions that actually matter to me, without "oh it's crap I don't like it", but with explanations as to how and why.

1. Feels smooth to me, compared to TDU1.

2. Well, they fixed that, even high slopes with high speed, but with the new handling, they IMO brought it back, I almost flew to the moon in my R8... I could make a video of it at the next playday if it is still present.

3. Well, the older physics had no slip at all, only with handbrake, and it felt like you were glued to the ground. Now with the new handling I feel like they have just lowered the rear-wheel grip... You can do burnouts and stuff, but at high speeds I just feel like I slip and lose control without reason, or maybe there is, but you don't see/feel it coming.

4. I think they are. Most cars have one round meter, that contains the RPM, analogue, and inside it, at the bottom, there is the speed which is digital. I think it looks good, and it's readable.

To compare it with any other game... I don't know if you can, it feels so strange to me. It first felt as a kinda solid arcade racer, but now with the new handling it's more like they put the front of mario kart, and the rear of some kind of sim... You can still go around a roundabout with like 120km/h in both R8 and Ford GT, and even if you floor it, you mostly don't spin out, or even get wheelspin, I only seem to get wheelspin at very low speeds. All the things around the game may compensate it for some people, but wouldn't matter at all for the people who just drive. For instance, they've added some shop where you can change your face, and afterwards you drive like some kind of mummy in your car...

But I think if they just can get the handling to be fun, and somewhat realistic, not just some arcade-ish handling, and then no gravity like in TDU1 in the hardcore mode, so people think it's real just because you have to brake in corners, and you can't give full throttle in them. And still, I think that the handling of TDU1, hardcore to be specific is much more fun, you seem to have some throttle control while drifting, but I can't seem to drift at all, you just spin, or drift very short...
I meant the interior views, the standard game hud worked fine, but I prefered to switch it off, and read the dials in the dashboard. For example the Mustang GT-R (eeeew) and Mclaren F1 GT-R (IIRC) had dashes, but they were blank. Also TVR Tuscan has to have the whole dash light up red when it's time to switch gear, in the game it just stayed neutral colour all the time
Oh sorry, I misunderstood you. I believe all cars (at least the ones from the beta) have no digital gauges.
If you find one, let me know then Otherwise, sounds good (after all, I was VERY vocal about the physics of the original, till I kinda made my peace with it, and found out the game is fun despite it)
Quote from e2mustang :
3.grip level has some issues, but i could hold drift with keyboard,so i dont it would be an issue with wheel

Quote from Bose321 :
You can still go around a roundabout with like 120km/h in both R8 and Ford GT, and even if you floor it, you mostly don't spin out, or even get wheelspin,

Thanks for the feedback i think the above comments sum it up so far.
Oh well, lets look forward to patch no.2 & hope things improve.

How do you send your feedback to the devs?
Quote from anttt69 :Thanks for the feedback i think the above comments sum it up so far.
Oh well, lets look forward to patch no.2 & hope things improve.

How do you send your feedback to the devs?

You just post it on the beta forum, and with luck they read it.
New survey up just for car physics comments & feedback.
Where? I don't see a new one, I did fill in the one before the new physics update...
there was an update of physics. feels shitty still. why dont they just put the old handling and keep the new gravity?
Quote from e2mustang :there was an update of physics. feels shitty still. why dont they just put the old handling and keep the new gravity?

Because a woman is the producer of this TDU?
Good point.
+ from india. there u go,we figured it out. naice!
Anyone having problems with the Application/Updater? I clicked on Play and nothing happens after :/... and I can't access the Beta forum, despite being in the beta hmm.
never recieved a beta key so i dont have problems updating >_>
I recieved one although i won't use it...
Quote from G!NhO :I recieved one although i won't use it...

i can haz cookie? (cookie = key)
Quote from Bose321 :Where? I don't see a new one..

Here:mentioned in the launcher.
Attached images
survey.JPG
Quote from anttt69 :Here:mentioned in the launcher.

Thanks. Didn't see that on my launcher though...
I almost want in the beta...
I really want in to this BETA. Signed up long time ago for BETA so hopefully i can get in
Hi guys, I just got into the beta.
But when I try to run the game it crashes to desktop, I know it could be 100 things that are wrong in my machine but has anyone else had this issue or know how to fix it?

Test Drive Unlimited 2
(984 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG