The online racing simulator
codemasters f1 2010
(533 posts, started )
Lucas di Grassi won round 1 in my race :|
Anyone notice the soundtrack is the same as the music used in the Race edits this season on the f1 website?
I just did 1st race over on expert w/ no assists. only qualified 8th this time, but I finished 1st since I didn't spin out caught a few slides. Virgin ftw.

I don't get that, you brake and it's straightens up? Shouldn't it still cause the ass to spin out when you stand on the brake in a slide like that.. or?
yeah, it is not intuitive to sim racers. I tried countersteering, and that fails 8/10 times, tried feather ing throttle, tried gas, all fail. what works in recovering slides is slamming on the brakes. One time i did Drift a corner but it was a fluke. the rear is always firmly planted, or it is violently trying to go past the front tires. funnier is iam running either 50/50 or 51/49 brake bias.
Quote from The Very End : Shouldn't it still cause the ass to spin out when you stand on the brake in a slide like that.. or?

Of course if it had anything resembling a physics model that would be correct, but it's about as sophisticated as pole position when it comes to physics.

I span about 120 degrees the other day, hit the brakes and it turned me facing forward again! It's complete nonsense.
I think the underlying physics exists, just that something overrides the common logic when it comes to such situations. Pushing the car there are hints of proper physics, even in the awkward low speed handling situations, however once it goes out of control it disconnects with your basic instinct.
The only thing that sets this game apart is the Racing line grip compared to the dirty parts of the track, no game i have ever played has even tried to acknowledge it exists.
Quote from Mustafur :The only thing that sets this game apart is the Racing line grip compared to the dirty parts of the track, no game i have ever played has even tried to acknowledge it exists.

Both SBK:X and V8 Supercars : Next challenge have this, I think the "drying line" on SBK:X is at least as good as F1.
Like i said, no game i have ever played
how come everybody is only just starting to talk about this. CodeMasters never said F1 2010 was going to be
a full-blown Formula One simulator. They said it was going to be a mixture of arcade and simulator,
so that anybody who brought the game would be able to start racing straight away with only a short learning curve,
And that's exactly what they have done.
If you don't like hitting the brakes to straighten the car out then don't do it. I'd be very surprised if anyone here
would be able to straighten out a Formula One car anyway. What I do if there is space is floor the accelerator and keep the car
spinning until it faces the right way.

F1 2010 is a good looking Formula One game nothing more and the patch will probably be out soon
well it won't be 2 years anyway making it a better game, and if it was an F1 simulator we'd all be moaning
because me wouldn't get the car round the track. haha remember top gear Richard Hammond.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGUZJVY-sHo
Its too hard to impress teams on career mode, in my 3rd season i moved from Virgin to Torro Rosso(in both season in the Virgin i got over 150 points) then in the Torro Rosso i nearly win the title but end up a close 3rd and the best offer i get is from Force india!!
After my first season i got offered to drive for Mclaren with Button (Lewis came 2nd in the championship with Button coming in 6th :shrug. After doing FP1 at Bahrain i was 1.9 secs faster then vettel at the end of the session even thou i only did 3 laps because i hit the barrier and broke my right rear suspension.

I have AI set to legendary, no assists, tyre wear and fuel simulation are both on so i guess that's me done with the game until someone sets the AI to be faster.
How many season career was it?
I went for 7
How do you get the reputation, i mean ive won 20 races with around the same amount of poles and in season 4 yet im only level 29.

Do you get a big boost if you win the title?
Quote from rc10racer :After my first season i got offered to drive for Mclaren with Button (Lewis came 2nd in the championship with Button coming in 6th :shrug. After doing FP1 at Bahrain i was 1.9 secs faster then vettel at the end of the session even thou i only did 3 laps because i hit the barrier and broke my right rear suspension.

I have AI set to legendary, no assists, tyre wear and fuel simulation are both on so i guess that's me done with the game until someone sets the AI to be faster.

Yeah right. :sleep2:
Indeed.

A lot of bullshit from wannabe haters. Might be true, but usually isnt.

Like that guy on CM forums, "Oh yeah. I lapped Fernando in a Virgin after 10laps".
Quote from speedykev :Yeah right. :sleep2:

getting into the Mclaren for the second season I don't know. But being 2 sec faster than expert AI on Bahrain is actually pretty common pace for seasoned drivers. Given that the Mclaren is about .5 sec off the redbulls in the beginning of the season, that isn't actually unbelievable.
Quote from Mustafur :How do you get the reputation, i mean ive won 20 races with around the same amount of poles and in season 4 yet im only level 29.

Do you get a big boost if you win the title?

Beating your rival gives you their seat at the end of the year 99% of the time.

Quote from speedykev :Yeah right.

It's downright easy to be that fast. I got the pole in a BMW Sauber on Monaco with a 1 sec gap to 2nd.
Quote from JJ72 :getting into the Mclaren for the second season I don't know. But being 2 sec faster than expert AI on Bahrain is actually pretty common pace for seasoned drivers. Given that the Mclaren is about .5 sec off the redbulls in the beginning of the season, that isn't actually unbelievable.

What I meant was getting offered a drive in the Mclaren with Button in the first season
and he's supposed to be on the highest level for seven years is bullshit.
the thing is about this game is you can qualify on expert and then race on an easier level or vice versa.
then they come on the forums saying how easy the game is, myself I think it's pathetic.
Quote from speedykev :What I meant was getting offered a drive in the Mclaren with Button in the first season
the thing is about this game is you can qualify on expert and then race on an easier level or vice versa.
then they come on the forums saying how easy the game is, myself I think it's pathetic.

Just because you aren't fast enough to beat the AI on Legend in a bottom 3 car, doesn't mean nobody else can. The AI are far too easy, even on Legend, and winning isn't a problem, unless the AI don't pit or you don't get released from your pit.
Quote from speedykev :What I meant was getting offered a drive in the Mclaren with Button in the first season

Infact i won the championship by Suzuka with a 3rd place, when i got back to the agent screen i got told i have been offered a place with McLaren. There are quite afew tracks that the AI are quite slow at e.g. Monaco, Spa, Brazil, Abu Dhabi, Monza, Montreal.
Considering im playing it with the 360 controller Expert is quite hard to do good on, if ai had a wheel it would be significantly easier, but i guess its a good thing there is more challenge.
there's a difficulty higher than Expert? or is Legend the euro name for expert difficulty? Or do I have to unlock it?

codemasters f1 2010
(533 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG