The online racing simulator
Proof for LFS's development in the last months:

http://tinyurl.com/32egfhl

greetz

der butz

I wonder how many people fall for this
Quote from luke213 :It's been long enough that I've forgotten but do those of us that are registered S2 users get an email when an update is released? Reason is I haven't had time to drive and I've been waiting for the new update for however long it's been so far Either way I'm getting tired of checking the forums to realize that nothing has changed and I'm still waiting

If there isn't a built in function for this who feels like starting a LFS update mailing list

Luke

I think you get an e-mail, but only when the "official" patch comes out. There will most likely be a Test Patch before that that won't be mentioned in an e-mail.

Of, and if it's an official patch, you will be asked to download it anyway when you start multiplayer.
Quote from der butz :Proof for LFS's development in the last months:

http://tinyurl.com/32egfhl

greetz

der butz

I wonder how many people fall for this

Scawen on his best joung days

The Phyisics are not a part of S3. Its just an Update to get LFS better for S3. But, what is the reason of not publishing S3 and update the Physics later.. S3 is just a Stage in the Alpha Status of LFS, what LFS at this time still is.

It could be better for all of us that the Main target of LFS is to release some new tracks / cars and update the Physics or Graphics little by little.
But when Eric does what he will or Scawen dont give some feedback.. there will be no more updates published for LFS in this year and in my opinion Scawen wont give some News in the next half of the year 2011. Maybe some wishes "happy new year, the update is still in Progress" etc.. but not anymore
What he said.

More serious, don't worry guys, it will some day come.

Just think of it like this, the longer you have to wait, the more awesome it will be.
Depends on what you call 'awesome'. Some people tend to expect more quantity (not only tyre physics and what was already mentioned, but also other updates) as time goes by. They underestimate the time it can take to get a specific problem (like the tyre one) right. Since you do not directly see the math and the work that has been done, it's 'just' the tyre physics update.

If 'awesome' means a better than the already awesome tyre physics, I agree!
Quote from smurfer :

Yes. I meant exactly that with it.
I think S3 content will come very soon after tyre physics update, but who know when tyre physics will be done
Quote from Hank90 :I think S3 content will come very soon after tyre physics update, but who know when tyre physics will be done

TNX 4 teh infooo
Quote from smurfer :Depends on what you call 'awesome'. Some people tend to expect more quantity (not only tyre physics and what was already mentioned, but also other updates) as time goes by. They underestimate the time it can take to get a specific problem (like the tyre one) right. Since you do not directly see the math and the work that has been done, it's 'just' the tyre physics update.

For god's shake people....they are supposed to be working for 2.5 years for....tire physics,one track and one car ? During the last year rfactor got a few dozen AAA tracks and cars and got improved ff with real feel(Like norchilefe,grand de turini,le mans,isle of man,new/old monza,spa,rouen,laguna seca,pau,silvestone,brand hands,sangai,detroi etc...).The upcoming rfactor 2 (by the way isi is a very small team too with Gjohn as the main programmer) has added variable weather effects(affected by temperature,wind and moisture) full dx9 effects with hdr and bloom,some fantastic driver and spectators animations,better sound,better ai,better physics(And if they manage maybe flatspots will be included also...).Iracing from a expensive turd has become a expensive sim,Gtr series get better with each installment and yes....even the bumper car grid runner called grand turismo series looks that 5 will be a true simulation.(I played the time trial and the main physics with all aids off with a g25 were quite decent.Having in mind that collition physics are improved a lot ,complete with cars getting airborne and rolling over plus that there finally is actual mechanical and visual damage means that this time gt5 will be a simulator.Add to that some incredible 1080p 60fps graphics with 3d support and some sweet cockpits-for 200 of the 1000 cars,plus some fantastic weather effects and some of the most beautifull tracks ever made for a game....)

But no no we the hardcore simmers are still waiting patiently,moving to 3 years waiting for....for 1 car and 1 track with some better physics....
Quote from justasimfan :For god's shake people....they are supposed to be working for 2.5 years for....tire physics,one track and one car ? During the last year rfactor got a few dozen AAA tracks and cars and got improved ff with real feel(Like norchilefe,grand de turini,le mans,isle of man,new/old monza,spa,rouen,laguna seca,pau,silvestone,brand hands,sangai,detroi etc...).The upcoming rfactor 2 (by the way isi is a very small team too with Gjohn as the main programmer) has added variable weather effects(affected by temperature,wind and moisture) full dx9 effects with hdr and bloom,some fantastic driver and spectators animations,better sound,better ai,better physics(And if they manage maybe flatspots will be included also...).Iracing from a expensive turd has become a expensive sim,Gtr series get better with each installment and yes....even the bumper car grid runner called grand turismo series looks that 5 will be a true simulation.(I played the time trial and the main physics with all aids off with a g25 were quite decent.Having in mind that collition physics are improved a lot ,complete with cars getting airborne and rolling over plus that there finally is actual mechanical and visual damage means that this time gt5 will be a simulator.Add to that some incredible 1080p 60fps graphics with 3d support and some sweet cockpits-for 200 of the 1000 cars,plus some fantastic weather effects and some of the most beautifull tracks ever made for a game....)

But no no we the hardcore simmers are still waiting patiently,moving to 3 years waiting for....for 1 car and 1 track with some better physics....

Hmm... Rfactor had it last patch released about 3-4 years ago.... correct me if I'm wrong. Those "AAA tracks" etc are third party content.

And Yes 2.5 years is a lot, but I hope there will be more content than only one car and one track.
Quote from kavaari :Hmm... Rfactor had it last patch released about 3-4 years ago.... correct me if I'm wrong. Those "AAA tracks" etc are third party content.

And Yes 2.5 years is a lot, but I hope there will be more content than only one car and one track.

Thinking about the same.

Maybe on the very first (next) release we could hope for 1 track and or car.

And probably later there will be added more tracks and cars.
Quote from justasimfan :For god's shake people....they are supposed to be working for 2.5 years for....tire physics,one track and one car ? During the last year rfactor got a few dozen AAA tracks and cars and got improved ff with real feel(Like norchilefe,grand de turini,le mans,isle of man,new/old monza,spa,rouen,laguna seca,pau,silvestone,brand hands,sangai,detroi etc...).The upcoming rfactor 2 (by the way isi is a very small team too with Gjohn as the main programmer) has added variable weather effects(affected by temperature,wind and moisture) full dx9 effects with hdr and bloom,some fantastic driver and spectators animations,better sound,better ai,better physics(And if they manage maybe flatspots will be included also...).Iracing from a expensive turd has become a expensive sim,Gtr series get better with each installment and yes....even the bumper car grid runner called grand turismo series looks that 5 will be a true simulation.(I played the time trial and the main physics with all aids off with a g25 were quite decent.Having in mind that collition physics are improved a lot ,complete with cars getting airborne and rolling over plus that there finally is actual mechanical and visual damage means that this time gt5 will be a simulator.Add to that some incredible 1080p 60fps graphics with 3d support and some sweet cockpits-for 200 of the 1000 cars,plus some fantastic weather effects and some of the most beautifull tracks ever made for a game....)

wow! so many great sims with fast development and you are still wasting your time posting in LFS forum
Quote from zazzn :
I racing sucked for me... It was fun but dind't enjoy it all that much at all... Paying 14$ just to try the game sucked...

why would anyone pay $14 to try it when you can try it for $5?
next time, do your homework b4 you buy
-
(Hank90) DELETED by Hank90
Quote from kavaari :Hmm... Rfactor had it last patch released about 3-4 years ago.... correct me if I'm wrong. Those "AAA tracks" etc are third party content.

The real feel is a pluggin that has been updated many times to include more force feedback effects.

And yes those AAA tracks and those AAA cars are made by the rfactor community because ISI made rfactor open for user made tracks and cars.

ISI proved times and time again with rfactor that the users given a stable base can make amazing things equal if not greater than commercial products.Why not the devs here do the same ? There are some very talented people here either with sound editing,either with textures like Lynce and Electric Kar ,either with models as many modelers have shown in LFSMODS.

Why everybody here try to sidestep all the above things ?
rFactor is rubbish. Always has been, always will be. Even with mods and RealFeel.

Besides, the point of LFS in the first place is the small developer team and the independant approach.
Quote from justasimfan :The real feel is a pluggin that has been updated many times to include more force feedback effects.

And yes those AAA tracks and those AAA cars are made by the rfactor community because ISI made rfactor open for user made tracks and cars.

ISI proved times and time again with rfactor that the users given a stable base can make amazing things equal if not greater than commercial products.Why not the devs here do the same ? There are some very talented people here either with sound editing,either with textures like Lynce and Electric Kar ,either with models as many modelers have shown in LFSMODS.

Even with realfeel plugin the ffb feels like absolute shit.
And yes there are many tracks which I like but I don't like playing them because the game is shit. You can't get good online racing in rf.
Quote from justasimfan :The real feel is a pluggin that has been updated many times to include more force feedback effects.

This subject stinks.. its like beating the crap out of a blind man.

90% of this forum posts are recycled over and over and over again, and thats anoying. I know I don't have to read them.. but, seriously, its enough already.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for the patch (read: living life and playing another games/sims)
Quote from justasimfan :For god's shake people....they are supposed to be working for 2.5 years for....tire physics[...]

..Most developers _never_ get to the level of the current LFS tire physics, never mind in 2.5 years. And Scawen is trying to make it better. The effort of making something better, especially something that is already good, does not scale linearly with quality.

The purpose - and merit - of the realfeel plugin is to export the actual forces acting on the steering rack, opposing the original ISI method of "magically" generating FFB from whatever sources. Realfeel actually proves that there is a sound physics engine at the basis of rFactor, and the last thing it needs is "effects"
Quote from Hank90 ::shhh:or you can download offline version of Iracing

No doubt, you use "offline version" of LFS as well :bananadea

Quote from justasimfan :gt5 will be a simulator.Add to that some incredible 1080p 60fps graphics with 3d support and some sweet cockpits-for 200 of the 1000 cars,plus some fantastic weather effects and some of the most beautifull tracks ever made for a game....)

Why don't you go play GT5 instead of complaining how bad is the game that you haven't even bought <insert facepalm picture>
I wonder why anyone is still answering to that troll, tbh.
I already reported his post hours ago.
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG