The online racing simulator
We all want the tyre physics and other content to be released but we cant do anything to speed up the process.. i think the flamers, spammers etc.. want to piss of Scawen to release the patch faster but that isnt the way.. true that the activity in lfs and lfs related sites like lfs Bulgaria is going down
I see alot of people complain about the LFS graphics.

I don't understand why.

The attatched screenshot for example, is looking pretty damn nice for me.

I must admit I have a pretty good computer, but this does mean, for me atleast, that LFS have nice graphics.

FYI:
That screenshot is raw.
Attached images
LFS Graphics - RAC.jpg
because other games are more colourful and with higher contrast...thats why contrasted lfs videos look much better
nice
Quote from TehPaws3D :Nope, I've played Rfactor and it sucked. Horridly.

DID you play with or without the real feel plugin ? With what wheel ?

And DID you play any of the recent AAA tracks or cars ?Any of the latest versions of Isle of man,grand de turini,le mans,norchieliefe,laguna seca,old/new monza,spa,rouen,brand hands,silvestone,macau,pau,detroit,lienz,sangai,tsukuba,suzuka,fugi,a few touge mountains ?
Have you driven the latest supra,corvette,ferraris,hondas,gallardo,lexus,mx5,skyline,silvia,trueno,historic championship ,CTDP 2006 v1.21,FS ONE, VLN 2 touring championships ?
Quote from BOSCHO :We all want the tyre physics and other content to be released but we cant do anything to speed up the process.. i think the flamers, spammers etc.. want to piss of Scawen to release the patch faster but that isnt the way.. true that the activity in lfs and lfs related sites like lfs Bulgaria is going down

Well i do NOT want the devs to release the tire patch or s3 any sooner than they have to.I dont mind if they took another 6 months or another year for the matter to be honest.

What i mind and i have told it countless of times is that a lot of people have placed lfs on a pedestal and attack anybody that dares to suggest an improvement or critique some of its shortcommings.

I do mind when the number 1 excuse i hear for everything is that the devs cannot do this or that as they are only 3 people.I know THAT.And i feel its nothing less of stunning what they have archieved so far.But instead of having people here trying to help the devs and the devs accepting that help any mention of something like this is immediately scorned...

Look other games do not stay in limbo while lfs is been developed.Just have a look how great the physics and sound of netkar are...Or how great the overall experience is in gtr evo/race on.Or the great ff of iracing or the incredible tracks and cars that were made for rfactor...

We have long past the age of choosing graphics OR physics.Or quality OR quantity...There are many ways people can help lfs.I am sure some people are talented with sound editing and some others (like Lynce and Electric kar) are great with texture work.A few others as seen in LFSMODS are great at modeling.And a lot have great ideas and suggestion to give.

We are all here because we care about lfs and i am certain many people of the above categories would be more than happy to help the devs to improve the game.I may talk about car models all the time but i believe is self explanatory on how many levels people can help the game.From better sounds(making a sound repository and choose what is best),from better models and high res texture updates,to even full blown tracks made from scratch.
Quote from rockclan :I see alot of people complain about the LFS graphics.

I don't understand why.

The attatched screenshot for example, is looking pretty damn nice for me.

I must admit I have a pretty good computer, but this does mean, for me atleast, that LFS have nice graphics.

FYI:
That screenshot is raw.

No you don't, and that is nothing special at all, get some nice textures and it will be better.
Quote from justasimfan :DID you play with or without the real feel plugin ? With what wheel ?

And DID you play any of the recent AAA tracks or cars ?Any of the latest versions of Isle of man,grand de turini,le mans,norchieliefe,laguna seca,old/new monza,spa,rouen,brand hands,silvestone,macau,pau,detroit,lienz,sangai,tsukuba,suzuka,fugi,a few touge mountains ?
Have you driven the latest supra,corvette,ferraris,hondas,gallardo,lexus,mx5,skyline,silvia,trueno,historic championship ,CTDP 2006 v1.21,FS ONE, VLN 2 touring championships ?

Sounds like someone needs to hop off the bandwagon, I played the game with some car about a month ago.. And it sucked, Was using my logic 3 which is now broken and if you're talking about championships that was never in the conversation anyway, Not spending my time on that crap.

Quote from justasimfan :What i mind and i have told it countless of times is that a lot of people have placed lfs on a pedestal and attack anybody that dares to suggest an improvement or critique some of its shortcommings.

You know, When that's ALL you talk about, It does sound like they make LFS seem to be stunning and super-HDR-ism, But LFS is not trying to be a wannabe, It's flat out, LFS, And we are not up to change it, Some of our community stands behind it staying one way.

Quote from justasimfan :I do mind when the number 1 excuse i hear for everything is that the devs cannot do this or that as they are only 3 people.I know THAT.And i feel its nothing less of stunning what they have archieved so far.But instead of having people here trying to help the devs and the devs accepting that help any mention of something like this is immediately scorned...

The devs have said, They feel like they would loose the "LFS" That they created if they let users mod it, And I believe it would be sucky if they did.

Quote from justasimfan :Look other games do not stay in limbo while lfs is been developed.Just have a look how great the physics and sound of netkar are...Or how great the overall experience is in gtr evo/race on.Or the great ff of iracing or the incredible tracks and cars that were made for rfactor...

You keep talking about these other simulators, Why not just go play them! LFS is in it's own category, Be thankful it's not coping of 700 other games, Has little to none or ass-kissing customer support, And has a database of friendly users! Sure, The others might have them, But LFS is not and will not become something that looks like gran tourismo 5, Sorry, But if your looking for all that the only think i can say is go elsewhere.

Quote from justasimfan :We are all here because we care about lfs and i am certain many people of the above categories would be more than happy to help the devs to improve the game.I may talk about car models all the time but i believe is self explanatory on how many levels people can help the game.From better sounds(making a sound repository and choose what is best),from better models and high res texture updates,to even full blown tracks made from scratch.

You said it yourself.. Nobody is going to listen to you if you constantly constantly babble about higher res and graphics and higher res and rendered models... It's getting old, Let it REST! Can't you see, Out off all these hours/minutes you've been typing, You could have been doing something else, Alittle more worth your time than making ANOTHER post repeating the SAME thing?
Quote from Bose321 :No you don't, and that is nothing special at all, get some nice textures and it will be better.

You don't seem to understand what I say sir.

I'm saying I am happy, but it seems like others are not.

Read before typing.
Quote from justasimfan :*snip*

Okay since you are quite new here, or using other account to hide your real identity (there is ppl who does this hehe, no hard feelings if you don't.. just saying), lets get little LFS history talk. First for all since day zero devs have made it very clear this is their software, their lifes and what they do. They have pointed it out many times in past they do not want to hire 200 people to help them out. They could do it, but they don't want it. This is the way they work and how they want to work. There must be thousands of people by now who don't like it, but in the end of the day.. devs decide what they do, what they want to do and how they want to do it.

So just saying, learn to respect other peoples opinions. There is 6 billion of them in this world. Nobody thinks same way than others

P.S. same goes to other people's opinions about other games.. If they don't want to test them out or have already and didn't like them. It's THEIR opinion no matter what you think about it or them.

So sit back, relax and enjoy the show okay?
+1 Eza ...
Amen Eza.
It's not entirely dead just yet...LFS is in a coma.
The fact is there are no signs of life from the devs and frankly it looks like they don't bother that much. I could be wrong, maybe i am, but that's the impression many of us are getting.
Any official championship, any contest? Nothing...
It's perfectly fine if they got sick of this thing but it's really strange that some people seem to care more than they do.
In b4 "you don't know them, how can you say that?".
You don't know them, how can you say that?

Glad to be of service.
Quote from zeugnimod :You don't know them, how can you say that?

Glad to be of service.

Old.
Still, there isn't anything official which is a FACT.
Quote from IlGuercio :Old.
Still, there isn't anything official which is a FACT.

Dear IlGuercio,

Please re-read the post of Eza, it should make very much sense.

If it does not, something is wrong with YOU.
Quote from (FIN)Eza :

So just saying, learn to respect other peoples opinions. There is 6 billion of them in this world. Nobody thinks same way than others

Oh, really?
Looks like somebody is not reading posts that properly.
And yes, THAT is not my problem.

P.S. if you know of any official championship or contest you are invited to let me know about them.
Stop quoting people and say something that isn't related to what that user wrote just to pretend you're right.
Honestly, even when the devs were visibly active there wasn't a lot of official racing either. In fact, the only specific time I remember the devs having an official contest was the LX Challenge and that only lasted three weeks.

Guys, go back and read Scawen's posts. I know you'll say that it's pointless but they prove a point. From what we've seen, Scawen is largely on his own for the tyre physics and he's practically remaking them from scratch. He doesn't answer questions about dates because even he doesn't know how much work is left to do. Also, remember that he only posted in this thread when his pc was busy punching out some figures. That's a good indication of how dedicated he is to his work.
Quote from Rappa Z :Also, remember that he only posted in this thread when his pc was busy punching out some figures.

The fact that Scawen is not posting here lately might hint that he is done with the tyre physics and now he is working on suspension updates and stuff, which means we are getting closer.
Yes, I'm overoptimistic. He is probably at Hawaii now as always
Quote from Amynue :The fact that Scawen is not posting here lately might hint that he is done with the tyre physics and now he is working on suspension updates and stuff, which means we are getting closer.
Yes, I'm overoptimistic. He is probably at Hawaii now as always

Quote from justasimfan :....There are many tracks but most are ovals or run of the mill usa tracks.

What's wrong with limerock and Thompson. Great tracks, both in my state. Ive been on limerock before on a bike tour thingy, was something like 7 laps around it as a sprint race, quite fun zipping down that last hill.
Quote from IlGuercio :Oh well, i should have something better to do right now but i'm still waiting for the university to restart.
You know, i like LFS and any step forward is not only welcome but makes me feel happy for the devs and community.

I really hope S3 physics will assrape us all when it comes. If not

Assrape?

Well, if the physic update turns out to be as great as desribed earlier, then I think those are the physics LFS will be based on in the future aswell. Then Scawen can start using time on other things in LFS aswell, like dual core support, weather changes, barrier fix etc etc, there are a little to-do list other than the physics
Quote from Amynue : He is probably at Hawaii now as always

what, he plays test drive unlimited ?
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG