The online racing simulator
Quote from LFS_Adam :@Bmxtwins and KiRmelius

:doh:

I played it on his computer. Now i'm curious, what's the next point you don't understand.

All demo users are flamed here, no mater on whose pc they play . People just don't like when somebody gets the same amount of excitement for free, instead of paying money.
Quote from KiRmelius :All demo users are flamed here, no mater on whose pc they play . People just don't like when somebody gets the same amount of excitement for free, instead of paying money.

I just don't like those who's head's are so swollen with a sense of entitlement that they consider (playing) LFS to be some god-given right rather than a privilege that requires CONTRIBUTION and PATIENCE if improvement is to be expected.
Quote from JazzOn :LFS_adam, if you are waiting for over fancy graphic gimmics, you can wait a very long time i'd guess. But you are missing out of the fun of driving the other cars against players.

All LFS graphics lack is more complex lighting system and that's about it and it will take a while until a realistic simulator comes along with it. (iracing isn't there yet either)

But then again, you play already S2 and just want to troll, huh?

JazzOn why you keep trying defending lfs shortcomings ? We are all here because we love lfs.But critique is a good thing and until lately it was considered the biggest form of flattery.

Have you played any other simulators lately? Forget the dreaded iracing.Craemmer was my sim hero but iracing money sucking scheme makes me furious.And except the open wheel/gtr main physics and the very few laser scanned non oval decent tracks its not even that good.

I am talking about gtr evo/race on ,the latest rfactor mods even FVA (witch is a preview of things to come for netkar).

As all the above games run with dx9 renders and they all feature shader effects for starts something lfs lacks as it still uses a dx8.1 render system.

Shaders are great for real time reflections and also are great to have the light reflected from a warm tarmac.Also they are very good for weather effects and gtr evo/race on has some very nice rain effects.
Also real time lighting is really sweet if it is variable with changing time of day like it is implemented in rfactor.

Then with dx9 you can also have bloom and hdr and even through none of the above games has it there are the Enbseries Hdr patches for gtr evo/race on and rfactor.(they are not perfect through but still improve the overal graphics a bit)

Then are the car models.They are very dated where gtr evo/race on and the latest rfactor mods feature some incredible looking cars.(and don't find me the excuse that the problem is licensing as slightly changing the actual name of a car and its badge makes it perfectly ok to have any car you want-the same with track names).Especially as of recently there are some beautifull models for many real normal cars released for rfactor.Normal (non gtr) supras,skylines,lexus,corvettes,nsx,truenos,ferraris,classic cars etc...
And there are the incredible looking CTDP 2006 v1.21 now....and i could go on and on...

And then there is no animation for 3d spectators /crew as also there is no grass or 3d trees.Just play games like RBR and than you will understand how important the above things are.

There are also no volumetric smoke/particles effects.

To close my long rant please have in mind that i am not talking only for the moment.You can say it does not matter (the best excuse i hear is lfs is a isim so i don't want graphics and fanboyism like that...)
Have in mind that some incredible simulations are just around the corner...
Have you given a look at the upcoming Rfactor 2 ? It improves on almost everything from rfactor 1 as it has a better tire model,an improved real feel version,full animations for hands/drivers and for spectators and crews,some sweet weather effects that take in account also the weather speed and direction and overal temperature,night driving,some great mods straight with the release and also improved lighting with bloom and hdr effects ....

Gtr 3 ? I can only imagine what they will add....The same with the next version of netkar that inevitably will come after the FVA challenge is finished...

And even on the console world as Gt5 comes closer and closer it looks as a much better game and more of a sim than most people expected it will be.
iRacing ppls can drive the VW Jetta :o since the last year :/ *whine*

The First Race with the VWs will be driven by Duke Nukem and he is using the Numberplate "ForNever"
Quote from Be2K :iRacing ppls can drive the VW Jetta :o since the last year :/ *whine*

That post didn't make any sense at all.
Come on, he saved the post with his edit. This humoresque Duke Nukem analogy was ingenious
Quote from justasimfan :JazzOn...

I guess i can barely argue against your points...

Indeed i havn't checked the 'GTR' scene latetly, but the argument not bying S2, because of the graphics, is hard to understand for me. The Texture-quality is quite awesome/detailed and even raised abit with custom stuff from some quailfied people. Dx9 doesn't make that much of an difference to me. Many effects are just generic and bad, like sparks, that are coming out of nowhere. The lighting isn't that great either and doesn't look much more realistic either, to me.
I agree about nightracing and dynamic weather (heck, rain would be awesome in LFS)

There are other things that needs a lot of improvement and some things seem to go in a direction that i hope are not written in stone; example boring/Flat/FIA safety with miles-long runoff areas and sandtraps. I love FE - tight, challenging, immersive, and simply characteristic (although even there, surely they could be more interesting)

As a skinner, I can also barely argue against the car/helmet models, although they aren't that bad - In fact, they are pretty detailed with the clearances between each body-parts (not including the cub.. Helmet). But round could actually be more round, indeed.
The interiors, especially the dashboard is top notch, IMO.

You're right again when it come to different/real models. I would consider myself an average car fan and over the decades there were some pretty awesome cars made you can't help but fall in love at look at 'em, whenever there's a chance
Eric simply must have something nice on his HD.

For the smoke, I am pretty sure that it will be quite improved with the next big change of the complex tyre calculation, in form of the highly anticipated patch
And that brings me to something that is great about LFS. It just is "real", if you know what i mean. There is barely a thing that looks faked. The way the car "sit" and behave on the track, is just great. The accurate physics and generall easy access is, in my opinion, absolutely worth the bargin that an S2 license costs.

And that was my point towards LFS_adam. I just don't like to rant about the negatives of LFS, that simply come with the background of 3 devs, but i got that behind me too now, lol.

Rfactor2/GTR3 - no, havn't checked... maybe I'm afraid it will be good and i have to pay 50 bucks again xD
But then again, i kinda expect something good with the "power" and resources.

*notestogoogleforrfactor2*

As for GT5, I'm afraid the physic sytem is quite limited, still. Sometimes its just so generic, if you catch my drift.. oops... drifts in GT... however, The graphic, especially the car models and their reflection, is mind-blowing - no doubt about that

PS: While i'm at it... something that really is a bit sad, is that Eric barely writes in the forums. Of course there are alot of people who can't even be arsed to try to understand what's actually going on and what it takes. But he developes a huge part of the game/sim and you don't hear/read a word of him. A few infos or teases of what's happening in the future or are planned, wouldn't hurt anyone
Quote from justasimfan :A lot of words; a lot of tears.

Mate, if you judge a sim by it's graphics I honestly feel sorry for you.
I still fire up falcon and GPL on occasion (and RBR all the time) even though they tend to make my eyes water in this age of dx10 bloom bullshit.

Although I heard they almost put in a volumetric, jiggling pitcrew but they were £20 short... so that one's on you.

Quote from Jazzon : I wish the developers would call me at home and whisper sweet nothing's in my ear.

Get real mate.
A "volumetric, jiggling pitcrew"? Sounds like you've been getting your pit work carried out by some kind of Playboy-esque fantasy crew. Where do I sign up? I don't mind losing races as long as they wash the car when I come in for fuel.
Err. So is there actually any news here on the tyre physics and VW, or have the trolls taken over and the devs run off with all our money? :P

I havent posted here or played LFS for some time, so I'm probably not up to speed on the current development progress, but theres been no official update since Feb - which was a server migration...

Otherwise, good to see people still playing it. Got back into it last night and its still awesome. Could use more real tracks though - Rockington a good start. Now we need Brands, Silverstone etc.
Rockington so we're getting 2 tracks
Quote from Dajmin :A "volumetric, jiggling pitcrew"? Sounds like you've been getting your pit work carried out by some kind of Playboy-esque fantasy crew. Where do I sign up? I don't mind losing races as long as they wash the car when I come in for fuel.

That's just.. Totally inappropriate :rolleyes:

Quote from vpr01 :Rockington a good start. Now we need Brands, Silverstone etc.

Yup.. We also want a Sciroccoton... Maybe Michelon tires?

Sorry, I just had to get my daily trollface on.. Look what I've become.. I blame .. Internet D:
Still nothing?

This is getting ridicolous
Yeah, Scawen is 6 pages late and ... 10 dollars short.
Analogy of LFS's development rate.

On another note, this thread is just short of 1 year old and Scawen has only made 3 posts.
Quote from bmxtwins :on another note, this thread is just short of 1 year old and scawen has only made 3 posts.

Agree with Zeug here, Scawen has made various posts in this thread. One way to find it is to search on post made by certain user in this topic.

Alltho, it's a letdown that it's allways Scawen has to give us information / update info. Why doesn't Eric, Victor etc. posts info regarding of what to come?
Sure, I know Eric has his share of problems with the community, but beeing sillence is not the way doing it.

But that's IMO, who gives me a beer to STFU?
/thread

EDIT: or /lock. Let's talk later when Scawen has something new to tell
Quote from The Very End :Agree with Zeug here, Scawen has made various posts in this thread. One way to find it is to search on post made by certain user in this topic.

Alltho, it's a letdown that it's allways Scawen has to give us information / update info. Why doesn't Eric, Victor etc. posts info regarding of what to come?
Sure, I know Eric has his share of problems with the community, but beeing sillence is not the way doing it.

*hands over a can of beer*
Quote from The Very End :Alltho, it's a letdown that it's allways Scawen has to give us information / update info. Why doesn't Eric, Victor etc. posts info regarding of what to come?

personally, i think all three are PR nightmares, they need someone to talk to the community for them.
Quote from The Very End :Agree with Zeug here, Scawen has made various posts in this thread. One way to find it is to search on post made by certain user in this topic.

In Souviet Russia, beer drink you.

Scawen leads this whole thing, my idea is that he's speaking for the whole lot. That's my IMO.
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG