The online racing simulator
UK LFS Karting 2006 - Details
(330 posts, closed, started )
Send private message to Tristan Cliffe [see first post in this topic]
i wonder if tristan is still alive, i have sent him litterally billions of PMs. i must have broken his internet cable with all of my posts going down it.
Man, i really wish i didn't live in America now. Have fun guys
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :i wonder if tristan is still alive, i have sent him litterally billions of PMs. i must have broken his internet cable with all of my posts going down it.

He was at Silverstone today...and I think he actually works (illepall) these days as well.
Quote from Smax :Unfortunately the bullet cam we were intending to use fell off the front of the Elise my mate failed to tape it to securely enough and went underneath it halfway around Donington. Needless to say it doesn't work very well any more.

It seems unlikely we can get another, so at this point the answer is probably not from us.

I have a suitable camera but no portable recording equipment. Is it of any use if I bring it along ?
I'm still alive Will!!! Was away for a long weekend, so no replies. Will write a replay to them now.
Two more cheques recieved today: One from Marcus, and one from a P R Lipscombe. Is that you Lippy, or is it someone else? I thought I ought to check before assuming someone has paid when they haven't.

We now have £320 of deposits (16 people, 13 cheques), so I think we now have enough to send off to Whilton. Therefore, if you haven't sent your cheques then don't bother. If they are in the post already don't worry, I won't send them off until tomorrow, so they have another day to arrive.

See you all there, and I think it'll turn out to be a great, fun event.
Got the date for my bike test, 28th June, cutting it bloody fine, but if I pass I am there!.

Dan,
Lol! im not posh, Sams a bit odd to be fair. Sams a thug so anyone seems posh to him. He ment to be a plumber, or training to be anyway, however he still doesnt know which way is tighten or loosen as a result 2 weeks ago he flooded the kitchen next to race control! we mocked for a long while.

Anyway how do u know about him u work there like me, or his friend? please explain cos its interesting (small world!)
Quote from Decibel :I have a suitable camera but no portable recording equipment. Is it of any use if I bring it along ?

If you have a bullet cam then hell yeah bring it

I've no doubt I can rustle up a handheld mini DV from somewhere, to plug it into.Please bring its cables, and if you have a microphone for it then please bring that too.

Cheers mate.
Ok, So I'm going to book my train tickets down to Northampton this week.

Virgin Trains seems the cheapest option from Derby, but I haven't got a clue what I have to buy. I don't use the trains much.

If I buy an open return ticket (£29), does that mean that I can travel on any train back to Derby or will it have to be specific trains. I've got no problems setting the journey to Northampton, I have to go via Birmingham, Rugby and Nuneaton for the 3 stop version or just Birmingham and Rugby for the 2 stop. It's the return journey I'm struggling with.

The reason I'm thinking of getting a open return is in case any of us stop around on the Sunday. What are people thinking of doing?
As long as you don't blatantly take the p*ss you can ride any train or that's heading in remotely the right direction, unless it's one that offers a different type of service to what's printed on your ticket.

P.M me before you buy a ticket I'm coming down from Derby too, I'll see if I can fix you a lift down, although I'm likely to be coming back on the Saturday night, so I doubt I can help you out on the way home.
Quote from Smax :As long as you don't blatantly take the p*ss you can ride any train or that's heading in remotely the right direction, unless it's one that offers a different type of service to what's printed on your ticket.

P.M me before you buy a ticket I'm coming down from Derby too, I'll see if I can fix you a lift down, although I'm likely to be coming back on the Saturday night, so I doubt I can help you out on the way home.

Right ok, thanks. Thinking about it I'd just ask someone at the station and I'm sure they'd help. About getting down, I'll see sooner to the day but I have no problems using the train to get down. Bit of an adventure... I don't get out much :P
i used to work there, i still do kinda, and i race there on race weekends
Aryton senna 87, what ur real full name then? did u work on the "Big Track" or the "Small Track"?
I used to work for both when it was all 1 unit, but unfortunatly i crashed a rage buggy very hard and caused lots of damage, so Ian doesnt like me, and i dont like pete and i find the little track boring. so now i work on the big track with dan parker. Black Cat are crap. I was in the other day driving the karts on the little track for sam

i used to test karts for them, and marshall but i stopped over the winter period and havnt worked since.

my real name is will dendy and u can usually see me in a 2 stroke. crashing.

lol only jokin about that, i used to have a repuation... got rid of it now
Quote from Smax :As long as you don't blatantly take the p*ss you can ride any train or that's heading in remotely the right direction, unless it's one that offers a different type of service to what's printed on your ticket.

I found it depends on the train company / how seriously the old geezer checking tickets takes his jobs. I was forced to buy a second ticket on Friday when I went from London to Newcastle on the same route but an hour earlier. Bas***ds.

So watch out, you could get stung.
How funny, and intresting, one unit eh? must of been a while back then? good old rage buggies where did u crash it to produce so much damage? anyway ill look out for the flying mistro! in a TKM? if not ill see ur stuff on the 1st!

(For anyone) what karts wil we be using is it the twin 4 strokes?
if so they are new for this year, i was involved in taking them off the truck its amazing how many u can fit in one lorry! so hopefully still reasonably equal

you must know Chris York then?
Quote from marcusv8thunder :if so they are new for this year, i was involved in taking them off the truck its amazing how many u can fit in one lorry! so hopefully still reasonably equal

I wouldn't say that quite so soon my old local club got some new pro-karts not long ago. The first one I jumped into the front hub was so badly bent that it was pulling to one side all the way down the stright and vibrating viloentley couldn't even begin to imagine doing 2 hours in that illepall

Keiran
chris york is a legend. i used to race against him when i was a noobie in TKM! and work with him. i didnt like him at first, but hes a legend now!!!

about the rage buggy, chris well tell u about that but heres my story...

I was drivin it back and i couldnt decide weather to go left or right of one of the poles near the national, i decided to late and sideswiped it and took it out of the ground. i put the buggy back and hoped no1 would notice. a few days later i got a call from Ian and i was like SHIT and i had to go and be 'severly reprimanded infront of my mother'

lol..... so pete dont like me.. Im testing with my m8 on wednesday 21st, then along with tristan on sat 24th, both in senior TKM. might see u there then.. im number 28. (well on sat tristan will be)

and yea the karts are really even, Dan Parker and Chris maintain them really well. so theres only a tenth or 2 difference!! apart from the tyre wear is different on some of them
I havnt driven the track since 2005 i dont know how an earth im going to beat you or tristan with all the practace your getting.
Practice! Thats cheating!
To be fair this TKM thing was arranged before the LFS karting meet was sorted (edit: even mentioned). It was when I got the F3 car on the runway over Christmas, and Will said I should come and try his kart. I offered to try and get him a go in the F3 car but he turned me down for some reason (he values his health and his wallet). It's not sneaky practice (though of course it won't do any harm). And I'm paying as much to do it as I am for the LFS meet, and thats just to cover Will's costs. There is also a £35 noob fee. So it's not a quick practice to gain an advantage, it's an expensive way of testing a proper 2-stroke kart which just so happens to be at the same track (cos it's local for Will).
lol everyone has to pay the £35 noob fee, but members are £25.. its rediculous....

And tristan lol! im takin driving lessons now so maybe once i have passed we could sort something out
17 days

Will be good, and hopefully weight is less of a disadvantage per kilometer here than at GP, although since the track is twice as long the lap times will be about 0.2 0r 0.3 slower per 10kg, about the same as GP (per lap).

if u know what i mean
This thread is closed

UK LFS Karting 2006 - Details
(330 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG