The online racing simulator
Mafia II
(201 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Nadeo4441 :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WT4hsoByJU

O R L Y ?

Looks very good in some way. But also a little weird when being pushed away by the car driving through it. Also, underwater smoke...

Looks better than GTA tho, i agree.

Driving physics seem much better than in the video i remembered. Should be fun.
There is no water in that pool
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I don't troll. I tell facts.

You are trolling, hence evidenced by you saying that horrible game was "good" and you loved it.

Some games you do dislike certain parts, but if you love the rest of it.. you compromise.. Not every developer makes perfect games.. and it's unrealistic to expect that. The issue with a game is when it gets past dislike, and gets into "this is impossible to deal with". That's the point when a game isn't good enough to play.

Facts? Based on what? Your personal meaning?
I'm not saying a game has to be 100% perfect. I enjoy the demo quite alot once I got used to it, the driving is just a little weird... But the fighting is quite awesome.
Quote from Nadeo4441 :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WT4hsoByJU

Okay, that does looks better, but no reason to spoil it with physx, it can be done, better, faster and nicer with engines likes havok, so why physx? Commercial nvidia crap?
Quote from Nadeo4441 :There is no water in that pool

Hard to tell from that video, but i thought there is.
-
(DevilDare) DELETED by DevilDare
Quote from Bose321 :Okay, that does looks better, but no reason to spoil it with physx, it can be done, better, faster and nicer with engines likes havok, so why physx? Commercial nvidia crap?

So you just got proven wrong, and now you want to be proven wrong again?
Quote from piggy501 :So you just got proven wrong, and now you want to be proven wrong again?

Didn't know about physx smoke etc...

But I am interested in proving me wrong about havok. Show me that it has better physics.
The Smoke, The Smoke is so ****ing awsome we need that smoke in LFS. One of the good points of physX
Quote from Bose321 :Facts? Based on what? Your personal meaning?
I'm not saying a game has to be 100% perfect. I enjoy the demo quite alot once I got used to it, the driving is just a little weird... But the fighting is quite awesome.

Okay, that does looks better, but no reason to spoil it with physx, it can be done, better, faster and nicer with engines likes havok, so why physx? Commercial nvidia crap?

I have never said my opinion on Macs.. I utter only facts.

And Havok isn't needed. Physx works.. heck, it is even hardware accelerated for me. Just because you use an inferior ATi card, don't complain to us. Yes Havok is good, but so is Physx, and Physx has even more realistic effects as well.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I have never said my opinion on Macs.. I utter only facts.

And Havok isn't needed. Physx works.. heck, it is even hardware accelerated for me. Just because you use an inferior ATi card, don't complain to us. Yes Havok is good, but so is Physx, and Physx has even more realistic effects as well.

Why are my cards inferior? Just because ATi does not want to support Physx?

About the game, anyone else got this weird DoF(I think) where things in the distance look a little pixelated?
I do like the cops in this game, they're alot more realistic, although they're quite reckless. I like how you pull over, they park behind you, and ask you to come out the car so they can fine you. Really well thought about.
Quote from Bose321 :Why are my cards inferior? Just because ATi does not want to support Physx?

ATi cards - don't want to, or can't?
Quote from Bose321 :Why are my cards inferior? Just because ATi does not want to support Physx?

About the game, anyone else got this weird DoF(I think) where things in the distance look a little pixelated?
I do like the cops in this game, they're alot more realistic, although they're quite reckless. I like how you pull over, they park behind you, and ask you to come out the car so they can fine you. Really well thought about.

Yeah, ATi cards are inferior. They don't support a handy function that could make games on their cards run almost as fast as on an nVidia card! Same with AMD's shitty processors, I'd be better off with a P2 than an AMD.

Not to mention that ATi is doing EXACTLY what NVidia is doing with PhysX.. they've just chosen Havok.. I'm sorry Bose, but your fanboy-ness is showing. You might want to hide that before you pass out from the shame of being ousted by a Mac user.

GTA4 looks horribly pixelated in the distance. Most freaking games do actually if you paid attention.
Just been playing the demo on the xbox 360, and it's everything I hoped for. The detail is amazing, not just on things like bullet holes and car damage, but stuff like drinking a bottle of cola or having your car washed and refilled at the gas station, or even flushing toilets and turning taps on. The simulation driving is really fun too, it makes driving at high speed quite a challenge, and peeling away from a set of lights leaving a trail of thick tyre smoke behind you is awesome. I was really worried that they would ruin Mafia, and I'm so glad it doesn't seem like they have.
Sorry if it has been mentioned before, but have any of you came across the option to makes the cars handling for simulation like?

It's certainly much harder to drive them. It's not super realistic, but it's not bad. I love smoking the inside tyre coming out of junctions, with the V8 revving it's nuts off.
played the demo in PC, sucks there is no wheel support in the demo and really hope there is in the full game, driving seems decent with the keyboard and i love the smoke, cant wait to get some better cars:P
Quote from masternick :played the demo in PC, sucks there is no wheel support in the demo and really hope there is in the full game

There definitely will be, If you check in options, you can see there is a controller settings button ready, but not yet clickable because of it being demo i guess.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Just been playing the demo on the xbox 360, and it's everything I hoped for. The detail is amazing, not just on things like bullet holes and car damage, but stuff like drinking a bottle of cola or having your car washed and refilled at the gas station, or even flushing toilets and turning taps on. The simulation driving is really fun too, it makes driving at high speed quite a challenge, and peeling away from a set of lights leaving a trail of thick tyre smoke behind you is awesome. I was really worried that they would ruin Mafia, and I'm so glad it doesn't seem like they have.

Argeed, enjoyed it, especially the "sim" setting.
Well, I just noticed that Mafia II got tyre deformation! :dunce:
#68 - JJ72
there's a demo? *rushes out to the living room*
this is so much less than I expected :\
Quote from JJ72 :there's a demo? *rushes out to the living room*

Ya'Huh!

I'm really enjoying it, even if the timer is a ridiculously low 10 minutes...
Quote from piggy501 :ATi cards - don't want to, or can't?

What are you on about?
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Yeah, ATi cards are inferior. They don't support a handy function that could make games on their cards run almost as fast as on an nVidia card! Same with AMD's shitty processors, I'd be better off with a P2 than an AMD.

Not to mention that ATi is doing EXACTLY what NVidia is doing with PhysX.. they've just chosen Havok.. I'm sorry Bose, but your fanboy-ness is showing. You might want to hide that before you pass out from the shame of being ousted by a Mac user.

GTA4 looks horribly pixelated in the distance. Most freaking games do actually if you paid attention.

Why are they inferior? If physx really is that good, they would support it, so it's not nvidia only, but they chosen not they, and I assume they got their reasons for it. If you can get the same, according to you, with havok, why would the dev's of M2 pick physx, when they will lose some copies, because ATi users don't want to play it, because of the physx, or less ATi users will play it because they can't 'max it out'... I won't think that, but I bet there are enough of people out there that do think so. About AMD, I'm a bit an Intel fan, but I'm hearing alot of good about AMD lately, what's wrong with them? They sound like the more 'budget' choice, just like ATi, but ATi in this case is faster, so that's a win-win situation.
Yeah I like that, instead of getting shot in the ass like in GTA.
Quote from Bose321 :Yeah I like that, instead of getting shot in the ass like in GTA.

But i thought GTA was more "alive" and "realistic" ?
Quote from Klutch :But i thought GTA was more "alive" and "realistic" ?

Why do you keep want to make a discussion out of it? Leave it alone.
This thread is closed

Mafia II
(201 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG