The online racing simulator
Mafia II
(201 posts, closed, started )
nope, used latest drivers. I did it just to see if I could. mafia II is only singleplayer iirc, and that is a big minus.
Ati users seem to be bored. Just buy decent nVidia card and you are good to go
I am glad I have Nvidia already, else I'd be really pissed off with this ATI problems in nearly every relatively newer game under Nvidia protection...
Quote from Mysho :I am glad I have Nvidia already, else I'd be really pissed off with this ATI problems in nearly every relatively newer game under Nvidia protection...

What problems? Not able to run something that is made by nvidia and only works on nvidia cards? Riiight... Under nvidia protection, hehe.
Quote from Gabkicks :^there are different preorder packs that give you different cars. its all on wikipedia.

I put a NVIDIA 9600gt in my rig as a dedicated physx card to assist my ATi 5850, and now I am getting over double the average framerates so i can run physx on high easily along with everything else! Love ati! so if you are an ati user, you can slap in a cheap nvidia card if you have a lot of physx games.

Whoa I have a 5850... and a 9600gt knocking about too! Just reading about installing the 9600gt for PhysX, sounds like quite a good idea, did you have any problems?
I've tried them both out of my own curiousity and from mine experiences i say: If you are a serious gamer buy a proper nVidia card. I had few issues with ati (most of them were driver related, ati seemed to be pretty confused with them) on gaming subject. Atm i have 9800GT and i haven't got any problems so far (two years, have had two ati's and two nVidias) ,i think i haven't updated my drivers since i got this pc, everything runs perfectly no matter what game i've tried. For some reason it seemed for me that ati cards also tend to "expire" a bit sooner than nVidias'.
Quote from -NightFly- :I've tried them both out of my own curiousity and from mine experiences i say: If you are a serious gamer buy a proper nVidia card. I had few issues with ati (most of them were driver related, ati seemed to be pretty confused with them) on gaming subject. Atm i have 9800GT and i haven't got any problems so far (two years, have had two ati's and two nVidias) ,i think i haven't updated my drivers since i got this pc, everything runs perfectly no matter what game i've tried. For some reason it seemed for me that ati cards also tend to "expire" a bit sooner than nVidias'.

All rubbish, just your personal meaning, also this message is old, you seem to removed it a couple days back. ATi drivers are good, especially the 10.x.
I've tried them both out of my own curiousity and from my experiences I say: If you are serious about gaming, buy a proper ATi card.

See how that works?

Just because you had problems, it doesnt mean every sinlge other ATi user did/does too.

I had two nVidia cards prior to my 5770, both failed. One fried up, the other one, well I have no idea what happened really, it just stopped working.

However, thats MY experience. It doesnt mean it happens to all nVidia users.

Its all down money/preference. I was skeptical about ATi when I first got it, (mainly because the colours looked crap/out of place), but one driver update and no problems whatsoever, whatever the game.
goosh, thatswhy i sayd From my experiences...and yes i removed that post few days ago since it seemed a bit too offtopic on that spectacular moment. And if a few days ago made post is ald then what is post made few weeks ago? Ancient?
So you could of left your experience to yourself.

There was no need for it. The thread is about Mafia II, and yet 70% of the posts are arguing about graphics cards...

How come only LFS Forums have this problem... Why cant we just have a nice discussion about the game...
I apologize for starting a rant, was just trying to blend in!

(could be the fault of a hangover)

Edit* Getting bit more on topic now, tried it yesterday, from the first impression game looks good. Loved how i could turn on/off lights, open windows, get something from fridge, You could see people doing their everyday stuff from windows: someone was changing tire(i guess), newspaperboys etc... also car handling seemed rather good to me. Don't get spoiled by iRacing and lfs, Mafia is not meant to be a driving simulator?
Quote from DevilDare :

How come only LFS Forums have this problem... Why cant we just have a nice discussion about the game...

damn you! I LOST.
Quote from -NightFly- : Don't get spoiled by iRacing and lfs, Mafia is not meant to be a driving simulator?

Exactly.
Quote from pb32000 :Whoa I have a 5850... and a 9600gt knocking about too! Just reading about installing the 9600gt for PhysX, sounds like quite a good idea, did you have any problems?

when I 1st installed, everything was running in slow motion, so i reinstalled nvidia patch, and ati drivers and restarted, and then everything worked fine

I have noticed that 9600gt's dont downclock when idling like my 5850 does. i guess its cus the 5850 is newer tech.

Mafia II only stresses my 9600gt 38% according to msi afterburner. :/ looks like the game need a patch or physx needs to be updated.

Mafia II has more realistic damage and handling than most arcade games, at least it feels like it from playing with a keyboard. the damage in mafia II is pretty nice.. wonder if the engine could be used for a driving game.
Quote from Gabkicks :

I have noticed that 9600gt's dont downclock when idling like my 5850 does. i guess its cus the 5850 is newer tech.

My old 6600 downclocks when idle, so I'm not sure about that.
-
(Dmt) DELETED by franky500 : Crack talk & Related posts removed
-
(Bose321) DELETED by franky500 : Crack talk & Related posts removed
-
(dadge) DELETED by franky500 : Crack talk & Related posts removed
-
(-NightFly-) DELETED by franky500 : Crack talk & Related posts removed
Haha pathetic, got an infraction for telling I am waiting for the last 2 days to play it... I don't say I wait for a crack, I just said it is leaked 2 days, and I want to play it... Who said I got the game and that I am waiting for a crack? I already pre-ordered it for crying out loud...
#193 - Dmt
Since when has it been ok to talk about cracking on the LFS Forums?

Dont try with the technicalities Bose,

I am not an idiot, and im well aware of what you were implying.
No huge shocker...

Games get leaked all the time... As soon as reviewers get their hands on it, you can be sure it will be out there very soon...

*Dont bans me*
Quote from franky500 :Since when has it been ok to talk about cracking on the LFS Forums?

Dont try with the technicalities Bose,

I am not an idiot, and im well aware of what you were implying.

I'm not saying you're an idiot, but if you give out an infraction for that, and I speak the truth about what I said above, you maybe are?
Back on topic

I read on either Steam forums or a blog that if you get out of the demo map, that's all there is to it map-wise. That's smaller than Mafia 1, now I dunno if it's worth getting, as Mafia 1 had 3 islands plus the countryside, yet MII only (as far as I read and understood it) has Empire City

EDIT: Franky, is it okay to discuss the timer-removal/getting out of map patch or not then?
Quote from Bose321 :I'm not saying you're an idiot, but if you give out an infraction for that, and I speak the truth about what I said above, you maybe are?

"i'm not saying you're an idiot, but maybe you are". come on dude, either you're saying he's an idiot or you're not. you can't say both.
Whooooop, Xbox 360 edition leaked :P, Downloading
Prepare to get banned or get an infraction.

Better delete your post.
This thread is closed

Mafia II
(201 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG