The online racing simulator
Mafia II
(201 posts, closed, started )
#126 - Dmt
Quote from BlackEye :Just tried the demo, nice little thing.
I've got one little problem. When I exit the game, there seems to be some kind of brightness issue on desktop.
Everything is way to dark and I have to restart to get it back to normal.
Anybody else got this? [pc version]

Yes, simple Control + Alt + Delete will fix it for me. It's an problem of the game with ATi cards I believe.
Quote from Bose321 :Yes, simple Control + Alt + Delete will fix it for me. It's an problem of ATi cards I believe.

Well, Yeah, ATi cards do have problems.
Oh... I see..
Just today I've got myself an ATi.
Well, no big deal, easily removed, thanks Bose.

/me waits for Dustin to bash on ATi some more.

Edit: That didn't take long
ATI here, and no problems.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Well, Yeah, ATi cards do have problems.

lol u mad?
Quote from BlackEye :Oh... I see..
Just today I've got myself an ATi.
Well, no big deal, easily removed, thanks Bose.

/me waits for Dustin to bash on ATi some more.

Edit: That didn't take long

Just ignore it. I'll see if I can find any more info about it.
Quote from DevilDare :ATI here, and no problems.

What card do you have? Might also be driver related, no idea, but I only seem to hear it from ATi users.
Quote from DevilDare :Yeah, XBOX users have complained of major FPS drops. Apparently its badly optimised. Havent tried it myself though.

Can't really say so with the texture qualities and details involved. Going back to GTA4 everything looks so low res, and GTA4 was choppy in places on the 360. I'll say it is pretty reasonable performance, slight slowdown when driving fast yeah, but major FPS drop I have yet came upon.
Quote from Bose321 :

What card do you have? Might also be driver related, no idea, but I only seem to hear it from ATi users.

Latest drivers.
Same as me, Devil.
Might not be ATi related after all.
You got same card and driver?

I got other cards and 10.5b hotfix, but I doubt it's any driver-related problem.
Sapphire 5770 Vapor X
Downloaded drivers from ATi today, not sure what version would that be (not beta anyway).
Rest of the PC is:

CPU- Q6600
MB- Asus P5Q SE Plus
Mem- Crucial Ballistix 4 GB (2x2)
OS- Win 7 x64
Solution buy a card with proper Driver support *cough* Nvidia *cough*

What is it new drivers every couple of months or when ever they have any major changes.
Quote from Luke.S :Solution buy a card with proper Driver support *cough* Nvidia *cough*

What is it new drivers every couple of months or when ever they have any major changes.

You have no clue what you are talking about, do you?

Their drivers since 10.x are brilliant.
Yeah, seeing as my XFX 8800 GT heats up like a mother****er (and that's normal working temp.), I'm gonna give ATi a chance.
No major issues so far (well, not that I have it for a long time anyway ).
Quote from BlackEye :Yeah, seeing as my XFX 8800 GT heats up like a mother****er (and that's normal working temp.), I'm gonna give ATi a chance.
No major issues so far (well, not that I have it for a long time anyway ).

fan on the way out?
Nope, everything running as it should.
It's the norm that they are around 85-90° C range under load and 60° C when I boot. That's just to much.
I can almost cook my launch with that.
ventilation issues? Your case might be too small or not have enough fans and vents
I love how these threads get ruined by PC specs and e-penises, problems, drivers, etc.. buy a freakin console already!
Quote from BlackEye :Nope, everything running as it should.
It's the norm that they are around 85-90° C range under load and 60° C when I boot. That's just to much.
I can almost cook my launch with that.

if i were you, i'd invest in an after market heat sync and fan. i'd also tweek the fan settings to keep the card cooler. the noise might go up but the heat will go down.
Yeah, to late now.
This one doesn't go over 70° C under load and fan doesn't go over 57%.
I'm happy and have some room for overclocking

Edit: Luke, no, not really. It's said by manufacter that those are normal temps. My case has decent air flow, so that is not an issue. It's just that nVidia works hot like that unless you invest in better cooler or something.
Pre-ordered in Steam
here's a vide of me running with my i7 and ati 5850 i have physx on high and i get a massive performance hit. turns into bullet time towards the middle/end of the gunfighting. not quite a slideshow, but massive frame drop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfR8_Fft1p4
Absolutely love this game, running great on my GTX 260.

And what a great addition Physx is, really takes out the best of games in terms of graphical effects.
Even though the smoke isn't quite realistic yet, it's a lot better then most games, (GTA IV) by a long shot, in my opinion.
Looking forward to the release.
Quote from Stiggie :Absolutely love this game, running great on my GTX 260.

And what a great addition Physx is, really takes out the best of games in terms of graphical effects.
Even though the smoke isn't quite realistic yet, it's a lot better then most games, (GTA IV) by a long shot, in my opinion.
Looking forward to the release.

That volumetric smoke is better than any smoke I've ever seen though. Makes LFS and such seem so primitive.. go make a massive donut on the street and watch cars drive through the cloud.. it's brilliant.
-
(-NightFly-) DELETED by -NightFly-
-
(Bose321) DELETED by Bose321
-
(Stiggie) DELETED by Stiggie
I've played the demo for about four hours so far. For the most part i'm really enjoying the game. I think they did a great job with the setting, really feels like you're in an old movie from the 50's. Cars are fun to drive, shooting is fun, overall a good game i think! I'll get it for sure.

By the way, in defense of Bose (not that i really want to defend him, but yeah)... regarding the comparison with GTA. It was funny when a friend of mine came over to check out the Mafia demo. We played the demo for about two hours, then we started up GTAIV just for fun. I didn't tell him about the argument in this thread, but guess what his first reaction/comment was... in his words: "GTA feels more lively, like, there's a much better atmosphere in GTA, everything is more smooth and fits together perfectly, blabla". And to be honest, i felt the same way.

GTA doesn't look as nice as Mafia II, but it's a lot more "smooth" and polished regarding feel and gameplay (IMO). No matter how much you've played it, the world and physics/gameplay (especially driving) feel just soo much better in GTA.

I'm not complaining tho, as i said, i really enjoyed the demo of Mafia II and i'm sure i'll enjoy the full game just as much. Just saying...
This thread is closed

Mafia II
(201 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG