The online racing simulator
Mafia II
(201 posts, closed, started )
id like to try it but cant...on startup it starts to install physx...but never actually does.
kinda sucks.
havent found a fix yet.
Tried the demo on PS3, i'm loving the car physics on 'simulation'..
Quote from Boris Lozac :Tried the demo on PS3, i'm loving the car physics on 'simulation'..

The physics are really good! The PC version still is my preferred version, if only for the wicked smoke. It still doesn't play too poorly FPS wise either..

I'm torn.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :The physics are really good! The PC version still is my preferred version, if only for the wicked smoke. It still doesn't play too poorly FPS wise either..

I'm torn.

PC = Mods.
That should do it.
Well 2K havent mentioned anything about it being moddable, so dont get your hopes up!
Quote from Luke.S :PC = Mods.
That should do it.

The only reason I'd sway to the PS3 version is simply becuase Consoles are easier to game with. I don't care that much about modding (if I did, I'd buy both at some point).. I'm just trying to see my initial purchase platform for now.
If this game will be modable, it would be awesome, with all kind of scripts like (don't start flaming) GTAIV.
Quote from DevilDare :Well 2K havent mentioned anything about it being moddable, so dont get your hopes up!

iirc rockstar didn't say GTA IV would be moddable. And anyway there are always people who make mods. Like NFS Shift with the unpacking the files.
Still, if its not really made for that than the quality of them is most likely going to be shite. And nothing major too I would think.
Quote from DevilDare :Yeah... After spending couple more hours playing the demo I can safely say Bose's statement is complete bollocks.

Police chasing others. Police giving fines to other people. Police shooting other people. Also, I saw a granny bribing a cop...

The citizens also react to your actions and movement etc. So stand next to a guy who is having a bad day and he will go apeshit at you.

Also the police arent stupid and dont only target you even when you are involved. For example, if you push someone and he is the first to punch and knock you out, the cops will tell him off. Or even better, when a gang start shooting at me, they will go for them.

Its great. Saying its not alive as GTA4 is very, very retarded.

They never did that in the first Mafia did they?

(Also I dunno i I wanna DL it or not, is it similar to the first one's demo which I loved)
And that matters because?

I was answering why its more alive than GTA4, not what it had or didnt have already before.
Quote from DieKolkrabe :They never did that in the first Mafia did they?

(Also I dunno i I wanna DL it or not, is it similar to the first one's demo which I loved)

Nope never in first mafia.
So im guessing they still give out fines for speeding and running red lights? I sure hope they do.
But i was watching a gameplay video and the guy was shooting at his gangsta buddies but they didnt die or even take damage Im not impressed at least in Mafia you could accidentally shoot Paulie or Sam and they would take damage but it appears not anymore
Quote from AstroBoy :Nope never in first mafia.
So im guessing they still give out fines for speeding and running red lights? I sure hope they do.

Yep, jerk around and you will be fined.

Quote :But i was watching a gameplay video and the guy was shooting at his gangsta buddies but they didnt die or even take damage Im not impressed at least in Mafia you could accidentally shoot Paulie or Sam and they would take damage but it appears not anymore

Yeah, that is a bummer. No female beating either.
Original Mafia as fun in the 30s

Now this is in the 50s

What next? Mafia III in the 70s?
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Original Mafia as fun in the 30s

Now this is in the 50s

What next? Mafia III in the 70s?

Mafia: Vice?
Quote from Luke.S :Mafia IV: Oh Shit the Mafia doesn't exist anymore.

Mafia exists still.. don't worry.
Has anybody tried the PS3 demo? Does the smoke fully work (like in the previously posted video from the PC version)? Xbox can't handle it...
Quote from jibber :Has anybody tried the PS3 demo? Does the smoke fully work (like in the previously posted video from the PC version)? Xbox can't handle it...

I can't even remember. I do say that the PS3 version was less that impressive than me GFX than the PC version.. I'll try it tonight.
Quote from jibber :Has anybody tried the PS3 demo? Does the smoke fully work (like in the previously posted video from the PC version)? Xbox can't handle it...

Yeah, XBOX users have complained of major FPS drops. Apparently its badly optimised. Havent tried it myself though.
xbox has an ati graphics chip
Quote from DevilDare :Yeah, XBOX users have complained of major FPS drops. Apparently its badly optimised. Havent tried it myself though.

Good!

The PS3 gets so many bad ports, that it's about time the 360 gets one.
Just noticed something cool

after you rob a shop, go back when the police are questioning them and stand around, they'll ask her what the robber looked like, and the store owners goes "alot like that guy over there....wait, thats him!"
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Mafia exists still.. don't worry.

But it's more secretive

I love the demo, it's full of little details
Just tried the demo, nice little thing.
I've got one little problem. When I exit the game, there seems to be some kind of brightness issue on desktop.
Everything is way to dark and I have to restart to get it back to normal.
Anybody else got this? [pc version]
This thread is closed

Mafia II
(201 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG