The online racing simulator
Mafia II
(201 posts, closed, started )
Quote from Bose321 :
This will never come close to GTAIV

The storyline of Mafia alone makes it better than GTA IV
Don't agree.

I like the ambient much more, it's like you're more in the game, with M2 I just feel like some random crappy 3rd person shooter.

The rage engine is so wonderfull, it has so more to offer, M2 is just so static and boring IMO...
Quote from Bose321 :Don't agree.

I like the ambient much more, it's like you're more in the game, with M2 I just feel like some random crappy 3rd person shooter.

The rage engine is so wonderfull, it has so more to offer, M2 is just so static and boring IMO...

No.

You came in with a bias, saying it'll suck.. blah blah.. and you're just validating your opinion so you don't haffto eat your own words and say it's good.

Personally, haven't played it yet.. I will definitely do so when I get home though.
Quote from Bose321 :
M2 is just so static and boring IMO...

How so? What exactly do you mean by "static"?

Do you want the screen to shake about every minute or something?

People are moving around. Cars are driving. Stuff is happening. Feels like a real city. What is "static"?
It doesn't feel as alive as GTAIV, people answering cellphones, shouting at eachother, cops chasing some guys. If you do something, everyone around you will react and that is alot less in M2.
Quote from Bose321 :If you do something, everyone around you will react and that is alot less in M2.

Have you played the M2 demo at all?

Fire a gun in the air, see what happens.
Drive on the footpath, see what happens.

Get into a fistfight with someone and the cops will break it up and fine you, instead of filling you with lead like in GTA
I played the demo a couple of hours ago and i've played Mafia 1 years ago, I loved that game.

I have to say im blown away with the 2nd. It looks like the game has a lot of extra features, ok they it seems to be the same as GTA 4 but whatever I can't wait to get the full release.

I've already pre-ordered the deluxe edition from steam
Quote from Klutch :Have you played the M2 demo at all?

Fire a gun in the air, see what happens.
Drive on the footpath, see what happens.

Get into a fistfight with someone and the cops will break it up and fine you, instead of filling you with lead like in GTA

Yeah, that's obvious stuff, but I mean the smaller stuff that makes the city feel more alive.
But the driving is still rubbish... I don't feel anything like I do in GTAIV, don't mean like FFB, but more the 'feel' of grip, meh can't explain it, but it just does not feel right in M2.
What about the car physics? I remember seeing an early gameplay vid long time ago, back then they looked quite terrible (compared to GTA, not LFS :razz.

EDIT: Nothing much changed about that i guess. I may pass this game if it's really bad. *goes looking for gameplay vids*
I'll play the demo tonight on my PC.. if it's good. I'll pick it up on PS3 on the 24th.
-
(DevilDare) DELETED by DevilDare
The game is horrible, and yes ... i used the "simulation" for driving mode. The weird force feedback kind of thing it has, it is just horrible. The graphics, meh ... the damn AA is turned on to the max (aswell as the AF) and i see pixelated image in the depth. As Bose said, it feels like any other 3rd person game, nothing special. Its like ur playing fallout 3 (as far as camera placement goes). If u turn urself ingame, there's no motion in the character, it doesnt feel solid. Hard to explain, but u definately cant find much realism from this game. It might be fun in the other hand tho.
See this is exactly what I hate...

When did games become about being realistic and not about being fun?

Its a game. Its made to be fun.
Quote from DevilDare :See this is exactly what I hate...

True that.

... Maybe its just me ... i even dont like crysis because of the teletubbie suit. But thats not what we're talkin about.
Quote from DevilDare :See this is exactly what I hate...

Quoted for Truth.

I may pick it up as it comes out, yet I have to pay attention to not spend to much money on things. Also I won't play the demo, because I fear it'll be like the first one, or even better, and then I want to play it instantly, and that feeling sucks.
I would play it, the demo mission won't be in the full game, and it ends with "to be continued"
Well I'm not too sure what some of you were playing but I loved it.

Sure the driving physics may not be perfect but they're a damn sight better than the original Mafia or GTA, anybody using a steering wheel is missing the point. It looks stunning and is oozing with details, the tyre smoke and graphical movement of the cars looks a lot more convincing than GTA and is it just me or is there tyre deformation?
Quote from Bose321 :people answering cellphones

They had cellphones then?

And yeah, this game is for fun, not for simulation.

Thats why I still play Toca Race Driver 3, Driv3r. For fun. Not because I want to be gobsmacked by how realistic it is when I smack someone down at 60mph.
Quote from ajp71 :Well I'm not too sure what some of you were playing but I loved it.

Sure the driving physics may not be perfect but they're a damn sight better than the original Mafia or GTA, anybody using a steering wheel is missing the point. It looks stunning and is oozing with details, the tyre smoke and graphical movement of the cars looks a lot more convincing than GTA and is it just me or is there tyre deformation?

I noticed tyre deformation too when I enter the garage etc.

Driving is not better then GTAIV, not even close. The smoke in GTAIV also looks better, and it looks, and acts more realistic.
Quote from piggy501 :They had cellphones then?

No.
Quote from Bose321 :I noticed tyre deformation too when I enter the garage etc.

Driving is not better then GTAIV, not even close. The smoke in GTAIV also looks better, and it looks, and acts more realistic.

No.

Obvious troll is obvious.

If you love GTA4 then.. go play that. Don't spam this thread with your trolling.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Obvious troll is obvious.

If you love GTA4 then.. go play that. Don't spam this thread with your trolling.

+1

You're awfy depressing Bose, you're negative about many things. If you don't like it, fine. You just don't need to keep posting it, on and on and on...

And Bose, it could be worse. It could be this game
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Obvious troll is obvious.

I'm just telling what I don't like about it, why is that trolling? I'm not moaning about your mac trolling...
Quote from piggy501 :+1

You're awfy depressing Bose, you're negative about many things. If you don't like it, fine. You just don't need to keep posting it, on and on and on...

And Bose, it could be worse. It could be this game

What? I loved that game!

Let me be negative about many things, I just think if you don't like something, even the smaller details of a game, what's wrong with it? If you people think the overall game is good, but the driving is crap, you just forget about it?
Quote from Bose321 :I'm just telling what I don't like about it, why is that trolling? I'm not moaning about your mac trolling...

What? I loved that game!

Let me be negative about many things, I just think if you don't like something, even the smaller details of a game, what's wrong with it? If you people think the overall game is good, but the driving is crap, you just forget about it?

I don't troll. I tell facts.

You are trolling, hence evidenced by you saying that horrible game was "good" and you loved it.

Some games you do dislike certain parts, but if you love the rest of it.. you compromise.. Not every developer makes perfect games.. and it's unrealistic to expect that. The issue with a game is when it gets past dislike, and gets into "this is impossible to deal with". That's the point when a game isn't good enough to play.
This thread is closed

Mafia II
(201 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG