The online racing simulator
just a question for u pros : is the nikon d3000 good for anything? i would like to get a dslr but i dont know nothing yet. is that good for noobs like me?

currently i have a kodak m580 14 megapx,but i want something for pro pics.
Quote from e2mustang :just a question for u pros : is the nikon d3000 good for anything? i would like to get a dslr but i dont know nothing yet. is that good for noobs like me?

currently i have a kodak m580 14 megapx,but i want something for pro pics.

The D3000 is a fine body to start with, but the D5000 isn't that much more expensive and is a lot more feature-packed.

Personally, I'd recommend finding a used D200 and going with that instead, though.

(Or a Pentax K-x.)
Mikko,you should have used one or two flashes to get a correct exposure in that picture.
or something like this but bigger
Quote from IlGuercio :Mikko,you should have used one or two flashes to get a correct exposure in that picture.

I get the feeling that's just the look he was going for...

Attached images
DSC_2720.jpg
DSC_2717.jpg
DSC_2689.jpg
DSC_2612.jpg
Quote from marsaz :Thanks. Sure I can

I used photoshop CS3 and added 4 adjustment layers:

1 Color Balance:
Shifted shadows to blue and highlights to yellow
Color levels for shadows -30;0;+30
for highlights +30;0;-30 (hope that makes sense)

2 Hue/Saturation:
Simply reduced Master channel saturation to -41

3 Selective colors:
Whites (Black)-49%
Blacks (Black) +100%

4 Brightness and Contrast
Brightness -20

Before and after - see attached

Thanks alot
Quote from majod :scarry cat

You should meet him. When he has targeted you he just sits there, staring and staring. Every time you dare to blink, he's suddenly 3 meters closer.
that video is exactly the first thing that crossed my mind when i saw the cat photos
Well, got the Panasonic GF1 and 20mm f/1.7 kit on Thursday. Pretty awesome little camera. I didn't realize it was set to ISO 800, so these are all a little bit grainy, but not nearly as bad as I expected.

1st rally with my Sigma 70-300 DG. AF let me down many times, here's a few shots.

And a few from the karting event i went to.

Sorry for the amount of crap.
Pentax AF will do that to, you Taavi. One of the bigger downsides of the system (though the K-x and K-7 are a lot better than previous models).

Here's some stuff from the most recent motorcycle races here:

Quote from DeadWolfBones :

Please tell me that's a composite image.

In Finland race tracks look like this:

Actually 99.99% of Finland looks like that.
Quote from spankmeyer :Please tell me that's a composite image.

In Finland race tracks look like this:

Actually 99.99% of Finland looks like that.

No, not composite. I just used the GND tool in LR3 to give the sky -1EV, dodged the bike/rider a bit, and did the usual amped up blacks/contrast and desaturation thing.

edit: side note... are these "Suomy" helmets somehow related to Finland?

edit edit: hmm... Italian. Weird.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :

No, not composite. I just used the GND tool in LR3 to give the sky -1EV, dodged the bike/rider a bit, and did the usual amped up blacks/contrast and desaturation thing.

edit: side note... are these "Suomy" helmets somehow related to Finland?

edit edit: hmm... Italian. Weird.

Unfortunately there's no 'Epicness of scenery' slider or 'Insert desert with huge friggin' clouds' buttons in my world.

Never heard of Suomy helmets but we got sausage hats in the army.
Well, if you ever visit my part of the world I'll show you all the epic scenery you can handle.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Well, if you ever visit my part of the world I'll show you all the epic scenery you can handle.

I'll bring da babes.
I'll bring the tequila.
I'll bring the womens

Nice photos
Smoking is bad for you

Camera Showoff
(5560 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG