The online racing simulator
Easy to drive setup pack [out of date]
(176 posts, started )
try to use a few more words, aligned in a more understandable fashion, in the description of your problem, for starters
#77 - Vain
Or, read the setup guide. Expressing the car's behaviour in words can be hard. It's often easier to learn how to fix it yourself.

Vain
Thanks man! It's very usefull!
Bob Smith,
I'm sorry, but I didn't find the proper thread, so I'll ask here

Will the Advanced Setup Guide be updated to Patch T? If the answer is yes, when do you expect to release the new version?

Thanks
TBH not much will need changing, only minor revisions/additions.

I'll have a read it through this weekend and make some notes, see how far I get with them.

Proper thread btw: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=63
Will you update your drag pack with BF1?
Already made the set actually, will put it in the zip tomorrow.
Bob, you rule! looking forward to it
I can only say the same
Thanks, I'll definitely give these a go.
Note, the current sets were designed for the old physics, and although still retain their basic easy handling chuckability, they understeer far too much now to be as useful as they were. Give me time, they will be updated, but I've got a reputation at stake, and it takes time to make sure all the sets are at a good standard.
Uhm.... are we there yet?
Drag Racing Sets - Done & Released
Road Going Sets - Done, Need final testing before release
Easy Race Sets - Next on my list (some cars started, others not)
Thanks Bob!
Help Required
illepall i downloaded your set up's bob and saved them in lfs settings folder but i cant open the .set file can u help me out on this one please would be muchly appreciated...illepall
you're sure, that you did unzip the file first?
As mentioned before, the sets don't work to great with patch U. Alas I'm no longer unemployed, so it's a lot harder to find all the time necessary to bring them all up to a good standard again. TBH you're probably better off with Race_S sets atm. But have faith, I will finish them off. One by one I'm slowly racing the cars and making the sets. I blame the lack of variation in the online servers!
Quote from Bob Smith : Alas I'm no longer unemployed,

Alas? Thought most unemployed In UK are screaming out for a job, rather than unemployment? we've heard of the famous scouts" bob a job week", now it's "jobs for bob week"

No hurry on those sets Bob, we can wait 24 hrs more, like there are only 24 hrs in a day, you may have at least any 4 of those off

Cheers Shannon
?
Hi Bob!
Just wanted to ask you kindly: when do you expect the updated version of the setup pack (for patch u).
Greetings
EveningStar

ps: sorry for bad english
Sorry for delays, it's one of many things I just don't get around to, I've no time to do anything during the week, and at the weekend, well, you see what I get up to.
Quote from Bob Smith :Sorry for delays, it's one of many things I just don't get around to, I've no time to do anything during the week, and at the weekend, well, you see what I get up to.

<Lecture> the evils of the demon drink, the sad life of a worn out shadow of his former self<Lecture/>
nice 1 mate, compared to the stock setups there soo much better. got a tidy base to work off now for when i start tweaking the cars myself. cheers
-
(CSU1) DELETED by CSU1
Howdy,

I have a couple of mates that are interested in trying out LFS, the easy racing sets would be great for them, any general quick fixes to make the current ones less understeery?
Could soften the front springs/ARBs a little, or stiffen the rear. Perhaps reduce front tyre pressure a couple of psi. I finish at my current job in 5.5 weeks so I'll then have loads of free time to catch up on all this stuff (unlike now where I'm never here).
Quote from Bob Smith :Could soften the front springs/ARBs a little, or stiffen the rear. Perhaps reduce front tyre pressure a couple of psi. I finish at my current job in 5.5 weeks so I'll then have loads of free time to catch up on all this stuff (unlike now where I'm never here).

Hey 5.5 weeks? great then that'll coincide nicely with the next incompatible patch, coolies!

Easy to drive setup pack [out of date]
(176 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG