The online racing simulator
Easy to drive setup pack [out of date]
(176 posts, started )
Quote from Bob Smith :Edit: These sets understeer lots with patch T - I will revise them soon!

Will we get revised setups "soon"? W10 maybe? or X?
(Necromancy ftw)
They will get revised for patch X over the summer. I've just been that busy the past, well, since forever.
absolutely the best uf1 setup i've ever seen (: very funny dude
Quote from Bob Smith :They will get revised for patch X over the summer. I've just been that busy the past, well, since forever.

Was just checking in to see what the status on this was, good to hear you'll update them. I'm no setup master so I'll definitely appreciate you working on an update.
Verry nice setups. Thank you!
suck
Quote from niku2 : suck

What a nice contribution as your first post on the forum...
Suck your thumbs? Exclamation marks suck? Your vacuum cleaner loses suction?

Does suck more than , :thumbsdow or :thumbsdow? Have I missed thumbthing?
@Bob Smith and his easy setup
Just woundering if anyone will be doing a quick update to the "Easy setup" thats if bob isnt doing it himself for the latest version "patch X" and its new clutch pack

When freind come round i find his setup to be the best for them to play on.
No matter what car or rack combo bobs always seemed the best for them.

The WR setups are way to twitchy for them to use. and the defualt setup is way to slow.

I dont understand setups inside LFS to do the work myself and keeping the cars so balanced.
Hi, yes I fully intend to update the pack for patch X, then again for the physics changes it patch Y (assuming changes are necessary, which seems likely).

It'll take me a couple of weeks at least though, first I need to update my setup analyser for patch X, get that released properly and my website updated, then I can use it to (help) update the easy race sets.
great, i can't wait!

I just bought S2 a few days ago so i have no clue on how to make a good setup myself yet.
Yeah, I'm looking for some good beginner setups as well. :o
Note to Bob

I've had pretty good results using your Easy Race setups and can't wait for the revised versions. Could you give me a quick pointer as to where I should start looking to get the LX6 to turn in a bit quicker without the back end becoming unstable.

Sorry, should probably have put that in a PT.
Hi im new with this game. Nice pack for a begginer like me

I just want to know de difference between Low HF and High HF

I dont know what "HF" means.

sorry for my bad english!
I thought it was "DF", refering to downforce.
don't I understand, once done unload these files for the setup that I have to do?
thanks
Quote from niku2 : suck

*laughs*
@Bob, don't haste. =)
We all luv you, although if things need a lil more time. I'm sure the LFS Community understands that. I like your sets btw too.
@nfs racer: err, could u form that question in an other way? If you're asking how to play with the setups:
Download the .zip file and put it in your LFS\data\settings folder. There u extract the .zip file. Then, start LFS and choose one of the Easy Race setups.
Hi,

great sets bob

I just want to know how i can give the sets more acceleration, they seem to be a bit dead coming out of corners (for FOX)

thanks
Quote from Gentlefoot :I'm not a keyboard player and I can tell you that when you 'snap' the throttle on (like you must with keyboard controls) you are more likely to cause wheelspin. So keyboard won't be helping.

Having said that I'm sure there will be scope for improvement in the settings. Here are some tips I posted earlier today in the beginners forum. I bolded the ones I think will help you most on corner exit

[B]Increase front ARB - this will make the car push on more under power and make any slide easier to control.

Could you please explain what is meant by ARB? I can't find any settings which abbreviate to that..
Quote from Gnomie :Could you please explain what is meant by ARB? I can't find any settings which abbreviate to that..

Anti-roll bar
These setups where made for version T, they'll also work with current version Patch X? And are they playable in keyboard?

I found some setups that can't be played with keyboard because the car starts drifting itself in every corner

I'm new at this, with the original setups my best is 1:38:?? in GP Track. Maybe a good setup allow me to do better
Quote from jmdias :These setups where made for version T, they'll also work with current version Patch X? And are they playable in keyboard?

I found some setups that can't be played with keyboard because the car starts drifting itself in every corner

I'm new at this, with the original setups my best is 1:38:?? in GP Track. Maybe a good setup allow me to do better

Not to be rude, but if you're doing 1:38 with the XRT then a setup isn't the problem. Once you get about 5-7 seconds faster will setups start to hold you back (unless you have an especially crappy one).
Quote from jmdias :These setups where made for version T, they'll also work with current version Patch X? And are they playable in keyboard?

No, they were made for patch P, from patch T onwards they have not handled like intended (too much understeer, on the whole) due to changed tyre physics. Realistically it will be patch Y until I update next. Now I'w not at Uni, it's hard to find the time for all this.

Quote from pik_d :Not to be rude, but if you're doing 1:38 with the XRT then a setup isn't the problem.

XRT was never specified. More likely XFG tbh.
Unsticking this thread now, these sets are ancient and don't deserve to be here. Although 20,000 downloads! :eye-poppi

KosmicK - these sets would have to be renamed to be opened in Patch Y.
#150 - dev
Will these setups ever actually going to get updated? :?

Easy to drive setup pack [out of date]
(176 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG