The online racing simulator
Easy to drive setup pack [out of date]
(176 posts, started )
#51 - Jakg
Quote from 2bb1nordli :Whats the difference in "HiDF" and "LowDF"?

high downforce and low down force
thank you bob
Thanks a lot !
Just wanted to say Thanx. Been using your sets for some time, but man, they are great!

Keep up the good work!

I think those set should be included in the default install of LFS!
These set ups are really good! I use them as a base for my own....

In fact...I can go faster with the FOX high downforce set on Fern Bay that I can with the Inferno Set.....should I worry about that...?
nope. It takes a fair bit of driving before a fast set is faster than an easy to drive set, usually. Though you may well be faster still with suitable downforce levels.
#58 - Goop
Bob, thanks :up: I miss all my old sets, a bit lost with tracks/cars that I knew well in S1.

Guitarfreak, LFS/data/settings.
From a new racer............good man Bob!
Bob Smith, thank you so much
I just came back to LFS, had about year of break and forgot how to drive, now I learn it back.

Your setups help me a lot
Quote from KeMoT :Bob Smith, thank you so much
I just came back to LFS, had about year of break and forgot how to drive, now I learn it back.

Your setups help me a lot

Seconded! I've made some changes to some, but they were a great baseline to start from. I had tried starting from the base "Hard Track" setups (the hopelessness of which is well documented), but just downloading these got me several seconds a lap.
Thanks for the set-ups......these help a lot. From yet another new racer.
Thx! Can you make this setups more keyboard friendly? This is pretty good when driving with keyboard but brakes is not very good, front tires burns very fast.

I drived with FXR in BL GP and my tires burned at second lap.
Cars with downforce require that you ease off the brakes as speed decreases due to the decreasing grip. With KB you have two solutions - a) use a very low brake strength (slow) or b) enable brake help to prevent lockups

Thanks for the appreciation everyone.
#65 - Jakg
when can we expect an update for the BF1?
There will probably be an update for patch S, but tbh I'm finding it so easy I reckon it's made my setup pack redundant.

And noooo, 7 gears in BF1, I'll have to redesign GRC interface.... or I could just not add it in.
ah :(
Why is it this forums continually asks me to log in when I AM logged in.
like WTF!!!
Quote from Doomfarer :Why is it this forums continually asks me to log in when I AM logged in.
like WTF!!!

Check your Browser security settings and/or Firewall.
Quote from DownForcee :noobie question... whats this patch for and does it work on the demo? lol

1- the patch came to get better grip in low speed, correction to the aerodinamics a a few more things.

2- Yes

3- Take a look here for more info

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=6808
Bob im a big fan of your setups but since the new patch is out the cars understeer like mad. Are you planning an update of the currents easy race setups??
Yea, I am looking forward for this too.
Yes, I will indeed. Give me a couple of weeks though, I need to get with the new physics myself to learn how to best exploit them. Although tbh easy race sets are hardly needed now, it's always nice to have a more balanced setup pack than what ships with the game. I've already got the BF1 almost easy to control (for a car such as itself) over the limit (no TC).
I've been playing around with the XRT in patch T and these are the things I've changed in the Easy Race setup to make this car enjoyable and easy to drive

rideheight changed from 0.100 / 0.095 to 0.090 / 0.090
stiffness changed from 48.5 / 55.6 to 60.0 / 70.0
Toe in front from -0.1 to 0.0
Toe in rear from +0.1 to 0.0
clutch pack LSD from 20% / 40% to 25% / 45%
camber front from -0.2 / -0.2 to -1.6 / -1.6
camber rear from -1.0 / -1.0 to -1.8 / -1.8

This works really well for me. Stille a little understeery in the hairpins but overall its pretty good.

Lapped AS North in 1.22.xx
Already got a new set for the LXs, will work on other road cars next. The trouble is I get carried away testing... sorry.
Hi im finding that most of the cars oversteer to much and understeer, ive tried adjusting the setups but i cant solve it, can some one help?

Easy to drive setup pack [out of date]
(176 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG