The online racing simulator
Easy to drive setup pack [out of date]
(176 posts, started )
Hey Bob,

Thanks for the good setups, solid stuff! Will there be a realease for s2 cars like the XF GTR or so?

Simon
At some point, yes. I'll do the non-downforce slick tyred cars next. I'm not sure if I'll do the downforce cars at all, since you can't really make a generic set for them (downforce and gear ratios as a minimum vary a lot between tracks). Maybe if enough people want them I'll make them with a medium downforce level and hope for the best.

At the moment I haven't played with them enough to get them to handle how I like (for the most part - I've only got the MRT5 and FXR sorted).
Quote from Bob Smith :Maybe if enough people want them I'll make them with a medium downforce level and hope for the best.

since the idae is to make then easy to go round the track with higher downforces might be a better idea ... then again high downforces mean you have to change the way you enter a corner a lot so the learning curve might be a bit steeper than with a medium downforce setup
Hey guys

Quote :non-downforce slick tyred cars

Quote :downforce cars

What's a downforce car? I have no idea ... could anyone tell me something about it?

Thanks in advance,
Simon
the cars with downforces settings...(some of the S2 cars)
Quote from steini :What's a downforce car? I have no idea ... could anyone tell me something about it?

Thanks in advance,
Simon

LOL Can you see difference : :moped: :heyjoe67_
thankx for the setups Bob, always was a bad thing for me to get used to, even in the first lfs.
OK after playing with the LX4 a bit the other day I ended up with a set more stable than my Easy Race set. This obviously isn't on, so I've updated the set in the pack.... and all of the others too (excluding the FWDs) - now easier than ever to throw around the track.

And I've added easy race sets for all the race cars too, although most people probably have good sets for them by now. So c'mon people, lets race something that doesn't have "GTR" or "Formula" in the name.
thanks bob - finally i can drift around with FZ50 and XRT ( mouse driver )
even FZR is now drivable for me
good job.
*EDIT* i already drove the FO8 on BL1! and i can handle it! w00t?!
Hi Bob, just thought i'd say how good your setups have been

I've only just this week started to play it online and they've helped me invaluably... many thanks.

Next stop.. to buy my S2 licence!
Bob

Thanks for the setups. As a recent starter, these make life so much easier!

Thanks again

Grumps
Bob, these are awesome. You have single handedly increased the appeal of all the cars tenfold. Many thanks
Glad to help.
a suggestion about the fz5 ... cant remember if it was the easy race setup the road going or maybe both ... but at least one of these has a very low coast lock of 15% which causes the rear to step out under braking almost every time ... far from easy to control or road going understeery
Quote from sh4dow :p.s. devs might consider putting some BETTER "default" setups in the game.. or something.

What is the point of making own setups, if there are very good defaults?
So people don't get scared away by the "poo physics" which are mostly caused by the really bad default setups.
Quote from Lible :What is the point of making own setups, if there are very good defaults?

'very fast' and 'very easy to drive' can be 'very different things'
yeah, the standard sets are just frightening
Thanks for the sets Bob. The one for the LX4 (a brilliant but underrated and underused car) is quite good. In the LX4 I've finally discovered an LFS car that does what it's told straight away
Hey Bob, great setups, the FZ50 is a joy to drive now that I can actually keep it pointed the right direction. I did have one comment. Your FXO Turbo setup feels very loose and nervous to me, I can barely keep it going the right direction under braking, I've even lost the tail in full throttle sweepers, it's very weird. I know it's not the car, because the FXO setup I normally use it 100% rock solid and very nailed down feeling, by contrast, that setup makes the FXO harder to drive than the XR Turbo for me. I dunno, maybe I'm weird, all the other setups are awesome
Well, what can I say, FWDs are silly. I will have a look none-the-less and see if it's really a problem with my setup or you not driving it "correctly"
Yes, I agree, but I can't drive the XRT fast enough to keep up with the FXOs, so I guess if you can't beat them, join them.....
Quote from AndroidXP :So people don't get scared away by the "poo physics" which are mostly caused by the really bad default setups.

This is very true. I tried to introduce a friend to LFS, explaining how it was so much better to drive than GT4, especially when you fancy going sideways for a lap or two, but he was completely thrown off the game because of the 'handling' which is clearly because of the setups. I started out in a GTi first time i played the game, and was amazed in that, it jsut felt so much more real than GT4 (good ol' DFP) and when i eventually tamed the XRT (oh the demo days) I had to buy an S2 Licence.

While i'm here, Bob, i have a question I hope you don't mind answering, is there a particular setting hat makes the car bounce when sliding sideways? I'm yet to really learn the effects all those sliders have on the cars handling, and often find when trying to make setups (with my ingrained Gran Turismo mindset) i often end up with a car that just bounces sideways across the track in a corner.

Cheers Bob, you seem to be one of the few people who actually answer the more n00bish questions as opposed to attacking them (such as the I'm stuck in second at 48mph when i leave the pits question from a while ago, I was very impressed when you merely gave him the answer, and nobody pounced on him!)
Bouncing? Not sure really, but too low tyre pressures or under damped springs comes to mind.
Whats the difference in "HiDF" and "LowDF"?

Easy to drive setup pack [out of date]
(176 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG