The online racing simulator
Easy to drive setup pack [out of date]
(176 posts, started )
Bob I love the setup
Quote from ShannonN :Hey 5.5 weeks? great then that'll coincide nicely with the next incompatible patch, coolies!

says who? Scawen said he didn't know when the next incompatible club
Quote from A-z-k :thanks man illepall

What am I to make of that?
One more week peeps.
Any progress Bob?

I read your advanced setup guide, did a bit of tweaking, but I still feel as though I don't really know what I'm doing (I failed physics in school illepall). Looking for a more stable FZR in particular, for KY long. I slide the back out too much on the corners, I think it's a mouse problem too (digital throttle). Anyway, hope to hear from you soon..
Quote from Electrik Kar :Any progress Bob?

I read your advanced setup guide, did a bit of tweaking, but I still feel as though I don't really know what I'm doing (I failed physics in school illepall). Looking for a more stable FZR in particular, for KY long. I slide the back out too much on the corners, I think it's a mouse problem too (digital throttle). Anyway, hope to hear from you soon..

Is it sliding on entry to the corner or exit?
On the exits. It's very difficult to get smoothly around without any sliding, even at low speed. I've put it down to a combination of digital throttle and inappropriate setup (and noobish driving ). Is there an option to have a more gentle acceleration in the menu somewhere, or is it a setup issue? I need gentler feet!
Quote from Electrik Kar :On the exits. It's very difficult to get smoothly around without any sliding, even at low speed. I've put it down to a combination of digital throttle and inappropriate setup (and noobish driving ). Is there an option to have a more gentle acceleration in the menu somewhere, or is it a setup issue? I need gentler feet!

I'm not a keyboard player and I can tell you that when you 'snap' the throttle on (like you must with keyboard controls) you are more likely to cause wheelspin. So keyboard won't be helping.

Having said that I'm sure there will be scope for improvement in the settings. Here are some tips I posted earlier today in the beginners forum. I bolded the ones I think will help you most on corner exit

Increase front ARB - this will make the car push on more under power and make any slide easier to control.

Increase front spring and bump - this means less lift off oversteer.

Increase brake locking for LSD - as above

Reduce Power locking for LSD - will allow the rear inside wheel to spin up slightly, makes the oversteer easier to control.

Reduce rear brake bias - too much and the back will step out under braking.

Reduce Rear ARB / spring rates, damper rates. Will reduce oversteer but too soft will make the car feel vague and respond slowly.

Add some rear toe-in - will help keep the back in check if it breaks loose.

What you'll find is that you can make the RWDs very understeery and this makes them easy to control. It will also make the set very slow but it's a starting point. Then add as much oversteer as you need to get it into the apexes.

Hope it helps.
Thanks guys, I will check all of this out.

edit: Wow, much better! I can get through the corners without all the mad flailing and correcting now. It feels great. Now I just have to help it to not want to drive in a straight line so much!
I did my own record with this 1:27:52 but im not so sure that it's this setupillepall :laola: :bounce8: :wow:I dont know where i got this from but i know its from bob Patch Q its a drift set (because of tyre physics)
btw, may we hope in a Christmas gift from Bob ?
Or it's still a longway? :-)
Yes, I'm hoping on a Christmas gift for you all, but these sets are unlikely to updated until Feb next year. This year's present is more for the hardcore set people - sorry but this just has my priority atm.
Well, will resist! And btw: Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you!
do you ave a good drift setup for my XR GT TURBO
Ehi, Bob, someone did it: patch V is there!
Quote from Bob Smith :Sorry for delays, it's one of many things I just don't get around to, I've no time to do anything during the week, and at the weekend, well, you see what I get up to.

, Me got a new job too, alas LFSforum gets spammed bout 20% less weekdays.This 'whole' Easy To Drive setup approach has me a bit comfumbled....why give a man a fish when you can teach him to fish
...anyway, I tried for like 5 minutes or so to find your setup guide Bob...could'ne find it captain where the bloody hell is it? I am just blind I think..
It's time for being gay and all that Bob so don't be waisting your off time tryin' ta get a crimbo prezzy out to forum members....

Maybe a 'combined' in-depth video, using this guide and yours could teach em' to fish..?
Who's got the sexiest voice to make it though

:bandit:
CSU1 - Erm, the first link in my sig?

| | | | |
v v v v v
Not nearly everyone has signatures enabled.
poumpoumpi recherche un setup !!!
slt tout le monde je cherche un setup pour XR GT TURBO car elle glisse trop et je n arrive po a la regle SVP
Quote from poumpoumpi :slt tout le monde je cherche un setup pour XR GT TURBO car elle glisse trop et je n arrive po a la regle SVP

common sense: english/international forum -> post english Nod
poumpoumpi in english
hello, I search a setup for my car XRG GT Turbo because the car is uncontrolable...

I'm very sorry for my english write...

thank you
Quote from poumpoumpi :hello, I search a setup for my car XRG GT Turbo because the car is uncontrolable...

I'm very sorry for my english write...

thank you

It's very controllable, depending on your driving style and controller. You might want to look in the beginners' forum for suggestions for a better driving style
This is GREAT! I mean wonderfull!

First time I tried the XR GT with this setup I shaved almost two seconds off my lap on Blackwood.

Thank you oh Great One :bowdown:
fantastic setups, the XR cars definately feel a bit more neutral which is good for racing. I like the feel of the XF as well, although I have yet to turn faster lap times with it.

I havent tried all the other S2 cars yet, I would like to at least get some podium finishes with the slow ones.
Unzip the set files into your LFS\data\settings\ directory. You'll then beable to use them within LFS.
They are not text files.

If you're after a guide you can find several here:
http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Guides

Easy to drive setup pack [out of date]
(176 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG