The online racing simulator
Unless it's tomorrow I guess not even Scawen knows, tbh...
"I'm proud that I can fly, show you the best of my, the heaven in the sky"
hello again.
I think not, but I have some hope that gives us some information on the progress of vw or the new circuit before the end of the year, I've since May in live for speed and I am very happy with it, but this needs some updating, at least what I have said, a new track!
Quote from rayrumbo :hello again.
I think not, but I have some hope that gives us some information on the progress of vw or the new circuit before the end of the year, I've since May in live for speed and I am very happy with it, but this needs some updating, at least what I have said, a new track!

I'd advice you to buy S2 first, it would give you 5 additional tracks and 17 additional cars
S3 Content - What needs to do :
  1. S3 Licence System must be published (developed) on LFS.net
  2. Rockingham must be edit into his Track editor with the Information of his own Laserscanned Data's
  3. The Physics must be reworked for ALL Cars
  4. A new Server Version for dedicated Servers must be released and developed
  5. A new Update Installer needs to be developed in case of the new LFS S3 Version
  6. They said it would give a restricted Setup Option, so it needs to get work for all cars (if they wont choose some special Cars for thins only)
  7. For Point 6 they must developed a basic Set-up for a long run Races
  8. Scawen has published that a second Car will come with S3 so this needs to developed and bug fixed before publishing it

9. Maybe the suggestion of changing the wether condition will come with S3 - JUST A SUGGESTION
  10. Point 11 could be explain the leak of all of this - Scawen is the only Developer ?
LOLWUT

You want him to release the scanned data?

Mnyeah, good luck with that.

Viva La Revolucion! Golden words!
Quote from Be2K :S3 Content - What needs to do :
  2. Rockingham must be edit into his Track editor with the Information of his own Laserscanned Data's
  5. A new Update Installer needs to be developed in case of the new LFS S3 Version
  6. They said it would give a restricted Setup Option, so it needs to get work for all cars (if they wont choose some special Cars for thins only)
  8. Scawen has published that a second Car will come with S3 so this needs to developed and bug fixed before publishing it

9. Maybe the suggestion of changing the wether condition will come with S3 - JUST A SUGGESTION
  10. Point 11 could be explain the leak of all of this - Scawen is the only Developer ?

S4 Content - What needs to do:
  1. Get (The Stig) and lerts in the dev team
  2. Release the Ferrari F1 2027, the first ever F1 with full electric engine.
  3. Make an official announcement on lfs.net announcing that there'll be no bike on LFS before S5
  4. Announce that S4's release will be postboned(yea, I told you that (The Stig) was in charge of the communication part) to the 30th of February 2028, despite it was deem to be released before Christmas 2027
  5. Update the changing weather conditions, with now hail, tornadoes and auroras
  6. Release the laser scanned Nürbürgring Nordschleife announced 15 years ago
  7. LOL JK! Sorry, it'll be for S5 guys

8. Eric is alive!!!1!
  9. The sentence above might not be true
  10. Establish a limit of 1 post per month per user on the General LFS Discussion section at LFSF

11. Announce that S5's main content update will be lerts' cripsy bike
  12. Although this decision was only made after a long argument between lerts and (The Stig), as the latter wanted to introduce his brand new F1 Touring Car.
  13. S4 will cost 9001 bucks
  14. But hey, it's worth it!
  15. And have I told you that iR is now 100.000 bucks per month?
  16. But hey, Mick Schumacher and Lewis Hamilton Jr are playing it every day, so it's also worth it!
  17. OMFG! The world didn't collapse on the 21st December 2012!
  18. I knew that the Mayas weren't very srs people!
  19. Next time I'll hire Miro Rauti if I want to make smartass predictions of this kind
Quote from Be2K :S3 Content - What needs to do :

Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :S4 Content - What needs to do:
  1. Get (The Stig) and lerts in the dev team
  2. Release the Ferrari F1 2027, the first ever F1 with full electric engine.
  3. Make an official announcement on lfs.net announcing that there'll be no bike on LFS before S5
  4. Announce that S4's release will be postboned(yea, I told you that (The Stig) was in charge of the communication part) to the 30th of February 2028, despite it was deem to be released before Christmas 2027
  5. Update the changing weather conditions, with now hail, tornadoes and auroras
  6. Release the laser scanned Nürbürgring Nordschleife announced 15 years ago
  7. LOL JK! Sorry, it'll be for S5 guys

8. Eric is alive!!!1!
  9. The sentence above might not be true
  10. Establish a limit of 1 post per month per user on the General LFS Discussion section at LFSF

11. Announce that S5's main content update will be lerts' cripsy bike
  12. Although this decision was only made after a long argument between lerts and (The Stig), as the latter wanted to introduce his brand new F1 Touring Car.
  13. S4 will cost 9001 bucks
  14. But hey, it's worth it!
  15. And have I told you that iR is now 100.000 bucks per month?
  16. But hey, Mick Schumacher and Lewis Hamilton Jr are playing it every day, so it's also worth it!
  17. OMFG! The world didn't collapse on the 21st December 2012!
  18. I knew that the Mayas weren't very srs people!
  19. Next time I'll hire Miro Rauti if I want to make smartass predictions of this kind

I would like to have as much free time as you two have.
Quote from breadfan :I would like to have as much free time as you two have.

Yea - I'm a very lucky person
Quote from Macfox :
  1. They should give a shit. Any business that ignores it's customers isn't going to last.
  2. All the excuses about tyre physics etc, doesn't explain the lack of content updates. We haven't seen a new track in (3+?) years.
  3. Adding a developer or tyre simulation/physics expert might delay the rumoured release, but the longer term benefits would make it worth while.

1. A business lasts or fails based on making or losing MONEY. The kind of dialogue folk here seem to expect from the devs is absent from the vast majority of successful businesses for good reasons.
2. There have been multiple explanations about the lack of updates. They all make sense. These reasons are hard to accept when you want new LFS stuff, but they are still valid reasons.
3. Adding an extra developer is just as likely to slow things down or kill the project as to speed things up and make LFS better. Scawen wants to code alone, without Scawen, there is no LFS. Simples.

IMO this thread is great. It just demonstrates how important LFS is to lots of people. I reckon that while it keeps going as it is the Devs aren't worried. If folks stopped bitching and moaning, maybe they would get scared and start changing their plans a bit?

cheers

Col
There is no excuse for the track part, and that you have to agree on. One new track on 3+ years is not good enough, it's a buisness for crying out loud. I am not demaning anything, but as it is now it's LFS - Scawen's work. The physics and codes is his area, but what about the tracks? Why have there been nothing on many years? Does SO updates and BL updates justify 3+ years of work?
Maybe they are working on stuff for S3. Maybe not.
ich want updato..
Quote from Mr_Lonely :ich want updato..

I want a VW Scirocco, and no not in LFS but in real life.

I just love that car.
Quote from The Very End :There is no excuse for the track part, and that you have to agree on. One new track on 3+ years is not good enough, it's a buisness for crying out loud. I am not demaning anything, but as it is now it's LFS - Scawen's work. The physics and codes is his area, but what about the tracks? Why have there been nothing on many years? Does SO updates and BL updates justify 3+ years of work?

It would appear so ...

There not physics related so "they" cant use that excuse , personally i think Eric has left the building .

And yes i would very happy to be proven wrong .
I know that I'm just new here at LFS

But seems the VWS or The Tyre Physics Progress is not progressing at all..
the last update from the website is only MOVED SERVER which I got fooled myself or maybe Scawen's files got erased so from the last update till' now are still in ghost hunting.

adding a developer is not a problem but I think Scawen wants to work on his own but the problem is the development makes the LFS longer just like VWS I think how many years that VWS delayed? I would rather create a fictional cars than making VWS if i'm the developer (LOL stop dreaming)
_____
TBH, i like macfox says and I play LFS offline in demo client since september 2009 and play Multiplayer option in january.
Quote from richo :personally i think Eric has left the building .

As have Victor too, it seems.
It would be nice to hear whats going on behind the scenes.

But ey... I'll just keep on waiting... For something...
NO WAY! Have they quitted LFS? OMFG! No more LFS stuff! NOOOOOOO!
Scawen! :P Pretty pretty please post any progress report
Hello everyone. Pending updates LFS boredom I wanted to convert tracks to another sim with a graphical ulutsheniem and see how it would look like ... the sketch stage to appeal to the permit to the developers of conversion and received a negative answer, in general, have nothing to do now, work zamarozil and more painfully waiting for updates ... work will not resume because I respect the product even though a long time but do ... for my English Sorry

http://s005.radikal.ru/i211/1006/7a/09209224d31d.jpg
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG