The online racing simulator
I've had some races this week on cargame.nl S2 and Fox Junkies that were, by far, the best racing i've had yet on LFS. The quality of the multiclass racing on cargame.nl is getting better and better...

I didn't need a patch, new tracks nor a new car. And i've been racing in LFS since March 2003... so i've got plenty of experience.

So even though the LFS devs are doing an awful job of communicating their customers about the progress of a much awaited release. At least the programming they HAVE done so far is still excellent and STILL creating awesome online racing...
if cargame would let me drive the xrt i would enjoy it
For me, it's like the development of LFS is non-existent because it's so EXTREMELY slow. It's like no one cares that the earth will get eaten up by the sun because it's 1000 billion years in the future.
Great that the physics will get improved, and great that they will release the Scirocco, but i don't care because it's years in the future.
I think that's is why i have stopped playing LFS..
Stfu or just leave if you dont like it, you could notice by now the devs dont give a shit bout this stupid crying!!!
Quote from Ales_M :Stfu or just leave if you dont like it, you could notice by now the devs dont give a shit bout this stupid crying!!!

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, even if you don't agree with it.

Try using a broader vocabulary next time instead of just insulting people.
Quote from Ales_M :Stfu or just leave if you dont like it, you could notice by now the devs dont give a shit bout this stupid crying!!!
  1. They should give a shit. Any business that ignores it's customers isn't going to last.
  2. All the excuses about tyre physics etc, doesn't explain the lack of content updates. We haven't seen a new track in (3+?) years.
  3. Adding a developer or tyre simulation/physics expert might delay the rumoured release, but the longer term benefits would make it worth while.
Quote from Macfox :
[*]All the excuses about tyre physics etc, doesn't explain the lack of content updates. We haven't seen a new track in (3+?) years.

I totally agree on the highlighted / quoted text.
I totally agree on the 3 points
Some will say they dont have anything to annouce so they dont speak but remaining silent for such a long time could be seen as if they have totally left the whole thing as is.
A new track doesnt need new tyre physics as far as i know.
Quote from macfox :
  1. they should give a shit. Any business that ignores it's customers isn't going to last.
  2. all the excuses about tyre physics etc, doesn't explain the lack of content updates. We haven't seen a new track in (3+?) years.
  3. adding a developer or tyre simulation/physics expert might delay the rumoured release, but the longer term benefits would make it worth while.

+1 qft
Quote from Macfox :
  1. They should give a shit. Any business that ignores it's customers isn't going to last.
  2. All the excuses about tyre physics etc, doesn't explain the lack of content updates. We haven't seen a new track in (3+?) years.
  3. Adding a developer or tyre simulation/physics expert might delay the rumoured release, but the longer term benefits would make it worth while.

+infinite
Specilly the bold part, there better be something in the works.

And I was thinking, when the physics are released, there will be a "Extreme setups" option, would that mean we will be finally able to put road tyres on GTR's?
Quote from kimd41 :And I was thinking, when the physics are released, there will be a "Extreme setups" option, would that mean we will be finally able to put road tyres on GTR's?

No, extreme setups will be available only for road cars.
Quote from Macfox :

Lock the thread this man has said all that needs to be said.
Should of locked it a long time ago, full of crap opinions and moaning.
Quote from Alec01 :Should of locked it a long time ago, full of crap opinions and moaning.

I imagine the reason that this thread is still around is to contain a lot of the crap opinions and moaning.
Physics updates aside, surely it wouldn't take a year to give the cockpits or even a couple of tracks an update.

The FZ50 GTR still looks like its road going counterpart. The LX4/6, UF GTR etc could all do with a face lift.

Fern Bay for instance could have the ripple strips updated to those of Blackwood. Maybe even some information of Rockinghams development

Its not just the physics that need attention. The game and its racers are in decline, over the past two years i've seen more people go to other sims due to its stagnant development.
I don't expect the update in the next week, nor month. But one would hope the dev's would recognise that their almost constant silence is doing more harm than good.

Regardless of the above, i'll still race on monday nights. It's not so much about the game these days, more about the company and good times shared
Quote from Macfox :

Dude i agree on all 3 points. But now pls tell me one thing, theres 60 pages of crying and not a single proper reply from any dev.. So u seriusly think this b*tching helps???
Quote from Ales_M :Dude i agree on all 3 points. But now pls tell me one thing, theres 60 pages of crying and not a single proper reply from any dev.. So u seriusly think this b*tching helps???

You're wrong. Scawen has replied to this thread with updates as a matter of fact.
Quote from RasmusL :You're wrong. Scawen has replied to this thread with updates as a matter of fact.

Yeah, but it wasn't because of the constant moaning.

He posts when he wants to. Not when other people want him to.
Quote from Alec01 :Should of locked it a long time ago, full of crap opinions and moaning.

Scawen left it open so that all the "whining" would end up in this one thread instead of three new a day. And then he unsubscribed from it. Whatever you write in here he won't read. As in the whole Improvement Suggestions sub forum I suppose.
Quote from Macfox :Any business that ignores it's customers isn't going to last.

I agree with most things you wrote and the geneal idea behind it, and it shows a lot that now, finally, posts like these are getting some recognition.

However, there are some exceptions to this rule. I'll spare you the ones that only apply partially to LFS.

Constant influx of new customers that:
  • don't care about the lack of updates (everything's new to them)
  • don't give a royal fsck about the flaws in the physics
Quote from Macfox :Any business that ignores it's customers isn't going to last.

I agree with most things you wrote and the geneal idea behind it, and it shows a lot that now, finally, posts like these are getting some recognition.

However, there are some exceptions to this rule. I'll spare you the ones that only apply partially to LFS.

Constant influx of new customers that:
  • don't care about the lack of updates (everything's new to them)
  • don't give a royal fsck about the flaws in the physics
This generates income even when no new patches are released (old customers don't count much unless they're making massive use of pay-per-use features)

This will not change anything, next threads come up like mushrooms after the rain.

Quote from Mountaindewzilla :I imagine the reason that this thread is still around is to contain a lot of the crap opinions and moaning.

Reason is that some people still can not understand some things ...
Hi, I'm using the google translator because my English is not very good, I'm reading this forum a month ago, you think we will have got any news before the end of the summer?
Only Scawen knows
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG