The online racing simulator
Quote from bunder9999 :

i wonder if they will ever remove the mechanism that forces you to drive the correct way on the track. arbitrarily turning the wheel to make the car go in the right direction is hardly realistic. if you've ever played GT3/4/5P with a wheel and run it into a wall, you probably know what i mean.

So that really exists? I heard someone saying that.. haven't played too much GT5p to notice that, and i can't remember it from GT4 either.. that's so lame.
can't say I really noticed that
When you hit a wall in GT5P, you tend to go out of control
Kaz on the ring at the 24 hour - the view looks a lot like the GT5 vids we've seen lately
Plenty of wind and road/tyre noise. Something missing in 95% of games!

http://www.gran-turismo.com/jp/gallery/d9298n2.html
might've been asked already, so sorry if it has, but does anyone know if GT5 has the endurance series? who the hell ever sat down for 24 hours and played gran turismo lol, that's when b-spec (where it plays the game for you) really came into its own.

also, on gran turismo 4 did anyone else have the problem where they unlocked the car to do a race, i think the specs were it had to be unmodified and over 490hp. i unlocked the only car that could win it, went to enter the race and it said unmodified cars only like i'd modified it so i couldn't enter the race. because of this i couldn't complete the game. god i was pissed off lol
Quote from oli17 :does anyone know if GT5 has the endurance series? who the hell ever sat down for 24 hours and played gran turismo lol

pause button?
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
I left my PS2 on over a day, on B spec XD
Quote from BlueFlame :I left my PS2 on over a day, on B spec XD

yep that's what i did lol, but can u imagine how tedious it would be to have done it yourself!?!?
Quote from oli17 :yep that's what i did lol, but can u imagine how tedious it would be to have done it yourself!?!?

Even the 3hour ones were tedius. Cant imagine what the 24hours ones would be like....
Coumbus day 3 years ago I b speced the 24 hours of the ring. I couldn't leave though because I had to regulate the pit stops...for 9 hours.
-
I had like a gazillion money! 102938092180938091284 something like that
-
Vids from Le Mans of the 908 HDI and La Sarthe track
Apparently the cockpit was bugged so, it wasn't allowed to be shown, but you see a glimpse of it

Menu :up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_Rz0NLS_-Q
driving - new smoke looks good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVlcSyLFFEU

some info and photos coming from blogs on the Le Mans demo

translated
Quote :New GT5 demo:

- Le Mans circuit (with chicanes)
- Time trial and races (only limited to 908's)
- Damage model is on scratches only
- Impossible to play with pad on Professional
- AI is really good, agressive
- Smoke/gravel effect improved
- Tires smoke is improved
- You get grass flying when you drive on it
- Controversial sparks still present

Pictures and videos to come on sunday evening.

Quote :15 hours after the start of the race, we get at last the opportunity to test the GT5 demo.
I say at last because since this morning and the opening, the many pods have been assaulted by the public coming "en masse".

What can we say about this demo?
It's amazing, reactive and the sensation of speed is great.
I could also add that nobody is exempt of spinning out, not even Sebastien Loeb...
But i'm far from the truth, really far !
And since I'm having a lack of words, here's a little selection of pictures to get your mouth wet.

Hmm nice gaming cockpit!

------

edit

actually here is a video of the cockpit in action
http://www.dailymotion.com/vid ... le-mans-2010-2_videogames
what's the "release date" supposed to be at the moment then?
There isn't one yet.
Seems like the 170 premium cars are race cars and supercars. Can't wait to see GT5 at E3. Got 3 other games to keep track of: NFS 14, TDU2 and Motorstorm Apocalypse.
-
Quote from brandons48 :What's this then?

The 14th (sorry if that isn't the correct number, there have been so many I have lost track!) nfs is the one which is being developed by Criterion games. If they can bring out fun racing games such as Burnout, surely they can't mess this one up.

/ot
Race Sim Central schedule for E3

Quote :I’m seriously pumped up for what we have scheduled for this year’s E3 Expo. Every time we think we’ve got the list covered, something new is added to it. Here’s a peek at what we have planned for our E3 coverage.

Sony / Polyphony – Gran Turismo 5
Tuesday, June 15th – Mercedes Benz / Gran Turismo VIP Event – Developer Kazanori Yamauchi will be on hand as well as 6 rigs, one with 3D running GT5.

Wednesday, June 16th – Closed door breakout session for Gran Turismo 5. This session will be hosted by Kazunori Yamauchi, and he’ll be addressing a select group of media with a presentation that will focus on new information regarding GT5 as well as unveiling some of the new features in the game. (No Video coverage)

Thursday, June 17th – Interview with the GT team on E3 floor

Quote :Opel Astra GTE (Mk1)
Opel Astra 2.0 16V GTE (Mk2)
Opel Astra 2.0 16V GSi (150bhp) (Mk3)
Opel Astra 2.2 16V SRi (Mk4)
Opel Astra 2.0 T GSi (Mk4)
Opel Astra 2.0 T SRi (200bhp) (Mk5)
Opel Astra 2.0 T VXR (Mk5)
Opel Astra GSI16V
Opel Astra 1.3 ‘81
Opel Astra GTE ‘88
Opel Astra OPC Xtreme Concept Car ‘02
Opel Astra Coupé Turbo ‘01
Opel Astra 1.8 16v Sport Edition II ‘03
Opel Astra 1.6 Twinport ‘03
Opel Astra HPC Concept ‘04
Opel Astra GTC {168HP} 5Door ‘05
Opel Astra VXR ‘05
Opel Astra OPC 2.0 ‘05
Opel Astra GTC 2.0L {168HP} 3Door ‘05
Opel Astra GTC 2.0L {197hp} 3Door ‘05

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Happy they've added these now
Quote :Nissan Pulsar [RN114] GTIR ‘91
Nissan Pulsar [N15] VZR ‘98
Nissan Pulsar [N15] VZR N1 ‘98

There's an official car list somewhere?
Im pretty sure there still wish lists.
Quote from Matrixi :There's an official car list somewhere?

Ummmm.. first page, second post??
-_- thats the old Master Wish List put together by the GTPlanet community, I even pointed that out some posts after that.
I sure hope the Pulsar GTI-R is in, it hasn't been seen since GT2!

To be able to drive in HD glory and better physics, would make my day. I used to own one of these
Quote from ACCAkut :-_- thats the old Master Wish List put together by the GTPlanet community, I even pointed that out some posts after that.

My bad, i saw how many pages there were and couldn't be stuffed reading it all. Is there an official list yet? If they put this
Quote :Pulsar EXA Canopy LA Version Type-S ('88)

in GT5 instead of a GTi-R, i will never play it ever again!
there is a Master Car list here, where people collect all the cars that appeared in the different official sources. As of today its not that long (but already more than ten Skyline variations :razz GTPlanet is the best source for everything GT related imo, the Wish list you fell for was made by those people

Given the promised connectability of Gran Turismo PSP and GT5, all the cars of the former should be in GT5
-

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG