The online racing simulator
24 hr
Has anyone ever done a 24hr without using B spec?

That shit takes 6 hours to do even with fast forward.
i do that last lap in A-spec
even more new pics - not shown yet

damn pd give us this as an update for prologue.
http://wot.motortrend.com/6648 ... /index.html#ixzz0nqBQUqPc

Quote :At a special sneak preview this week at the Nürburgring in Germany, we test drove the just revealed Nürburgring 24-hour circuit on the GT5 platform. And we found it simply stunning.

The new game will offer gamers a choice of the GP course, the Nordschleife or the full 24-hour course which is a combination of the two. What impresses more than in any previous version of the GT franchise are the clarity and detail of the track, grandstands and cockpit. As expected the game is more realistic than anything before it, making the sensation of actually being in a car on the circuit more believable than ever.

Given that this writer will be co-driving with GT creator Kazunori Yamauchi in a Lexus IS-F in the 24-hour race this weekend, we practiced on the IS-F and posted times around the full course of 10 minutes flat.

New features of the game include a tyre grip penalty which temporarily reduces grip if you go off the track and onto the grass or into the gravel. It takes around three to four corners to retain full grip again. Drivers will also feel like they are in the hot seat when they crash into a guard rail and sparks fly.

Gamers can also look forward to night driving and 3D driving in the near future.

Nice, i hope it's simulated well and not some script like "you'll get the grip again in 10, 9, 8, 7..."
I want this game to be relased ASAP please.

The trees are specially high detailed to be a racing game, I like all those small details.
"Gamers can also look forward to night driving and 3D driving in the near future. "

Hey I like the sound of that!
Okey. i just had to make a reply now. Guys what do u want? A crappy game finished in 3 years with 300+ cars or a game with everything highly detailed and perfected to every little spot? Gran turismo doesnt work fast to get finished and then quick make another game. They take their time to make perfect games wich we all (except fanboys) love. And if u took a look GT5 is coming out in june in japan, september in Europe and November in the USA. Now all stop complayning about the time it takes to make a perfect game. And u say 1000 cars. When the game comes out it will have 1000 + cars. Some time after gt will release download able contents wich will have even more cars. Now all lets wait for the game and enjoy it when it finally comes out. Thanks.
I really don't mind the time it takes, games like these can't be made any quicker, there are numerous examples in other genres too, but people like to point to GT anyway.. But for me, i will not be settled with classic GT formula, i'm not impressed by that anymore, as i'm sure most people aren't on this forum.. i apreciate all the number of cars, extraordinary graphics, attention to detail, awesome tracks.. but it has to take a step up now, it can't have "good physics", it has to have awesome physics, cars have to feel alive for a change, racing has to deserve to be called like that, etc.. I'm buying it anyway, like a virtual car encyclopidia, but for me to screw the wheel on the table, it has to have good racing, physics and proper multiplayer..
yeah lets hope they did a big step from the prologue multiplayer.. (which is ok for a first try, but is really bad compared to lfs for example).

@!!the king!!

Don´t write it will come out in June in Japan when there is no release date.
they havent anounced it but someone from the inside has leaked it out...
that doesn´t matter this is GT5 we are talking about. No point in discussing unofficial dates, even official dates can be easy postponed but this unofficial dates are just worth nothing.
C'mon E3.... Mid-june feels like it is a damn year away!

Not only for GT5 info, but for the NFS game by Criterion (yes, I'm one of the few who are still interested :razz and TDU2.

Will Scavier make an appearance at E3 with LFS S3?
no, GT5 BETTER HAVE A SCIROCCO, ive waited to lond for a decent car...
I heard they are delaying GT5 again to include the Scirocco.

Sorry, I had to.
Such a staggered release date is bad if true - since the PS3 is not region locked, many people might want to import
Until GTPlanet post it, it aint anything more than weak gossip.

Theres no way PD will go to E3 (June 15-17, so 4wks away) and announce GT5 coming out the same month, no way, not buying that. With 2-6 weeks till this completely fictional Asian release date, it'd be stupid to have not made a song & dance about it coming out then because im sure they'd love to make that announcement as they must be aware of the friction the lack of a release date has on its fans.
They wouldnt make any important announcements right before E3, seeing as its the biggest games expo of the year... it just doesnt add up, not within such a short timeframe and so close to E3. It'd be bizarre to wait for E3 and give nothing away till it was stupidly close to a regions release date, and it'd be very uncharacteristic of Sony to let them announce a Asian release date go when they'd rather hold off 1 surprise they could save for E3, afterall we go to E3 these days with 80% of the information given either already announced, or leaked in the week leading to it, Sony joked about the fact that official video of the PSP Go was out before they'd even announced it at E3.
It'd also be odd given recent comments saying the game is 90% complete, then a month later announce its gone gold and being shipped.

I'd expect mid November (Asia) & late October (US & Europe)... if we've all been good boys & girls for santa, and i'd expect the annoucement to come at E3 or worse the Tokyo game show in mid September and a later launch than above.
Quote from CoolColJ :Such a staggered release date is bad if true - since the PS3 is not region locked, many people might want to import

I won't... I will never get used to the currency in the game.

Besides, the US/EU versions will have english soundtracks and a maybe a few more cars (like GT4 did.)
-
(CoolColJ) DELETED by CoolColJ
Another long vid, showing the full 24 hour track, and the various views. I think he is using Pro physics mode - he loses it everytime he clips the curb and goes a little off track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKAtNKJKOZQ

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG