The online racing simulator
Yes, these are button ID collisions. If you have similar "tabulated" output and then other buttons appear (timings, pitboard), some data may disappear. I'll try to optimize button ID usage, but it is a lengthy and risky operation...
Hhhmm FYI, this was requested at race start. No other output, I think. But I will look if I can detect patterns. Although I don't race much
I'm getting spectated for "Required LFS experience index to join : 200 [0.00]", the cause seems to be if I change the nickname before joining the race, I still had my league name on, changed to troy and then it spectated me all the time with the above message. The whole thing was on ironhorse but I think the problem is airio.
try !exr
Quote from troy :I'm getting spectated for "Required LFS experience index to join : 200 [0.00]".

The problem does not concern nicknames, it happens when there's a broken communication with LFS World or airio.eu site. It was a known weak point in Airio 2.3.9 (what IHR uses) - if LFSEI cannot be received, certain setting could make racing impossible. Try !exr (experience refresh), wait a few seconds for EI update. This weak point is diminished in Airio 2.4.0 because it remembers your last LFSEI locally and uses it by default until it gets update.
So it was just a coincidence that it worked again when I rejoined the server, thanks for the explanation.
Quote from troy :So it was just a coincidence that it worked again when I rejoined the server, thanks for the explanation.

IHR will get an update to 2.4.0 in the near future, so hopefully this will not happen again....
Disabling mid race joining after a certain race period is a great tool to keep unexperienced drivers, entering the track... Out...

But.. I would like to see that some people (Limad1's) are allowed to pass. AllowJoining doesn't do the trick, that would unlock everything

Even thinking of a LFSEI limit. But I'm not sure. Some so called pro's don't seem to understand the blue flag theory as well.
Quote from cargame.nl :Disabling mid race joining ... But.. I would like to see that some people (Limad1's) are allowed to pass. AllowJoining doesn't do the trick, that would unlock everything

Currently an alternative solution could be used, maybe. Defining some benevolent time lock (WR + 5% or even a bit more) and applying the lock only during race using LockOnlyRace=true. After race anyone can join, in race only people with good enough time.

Another option requiring small update would be to define e.g. AllowUnlock item with specifiable limad level for which lock is ignored. Hm, but that's not exactly what you need. Rather needed would be some item ignoring race rejoins...

Quote from cargame.nl :Another bug in output. Ex output this time.

Not quite a bug, in fact an intended behavior, so a feature, I guess. Missing textual EI descriptions in this case mean the index was not updated, last locally known number is used instead.

I recycled airio.eu application pool, I think it works again. It seems once number of people's data held in memory reach over 2500 the Web application/script stops responding. I'll try limiting people held in memory to 1000 best, to see if it helps.
Quote from EQ Worry : Rather needed would be some item ignoring race rejoins...

correct..

It's also an 'award' for correctly blue flagging. A time lock isn't and I notice that still a lot of racers don't understand how Airio InSim works. If it gets too complicated, people give up.

Quote :I'll try limiting people held in memory to 1000 best, to see if it helps.

Understood
Quote from cargame.nl :It's also an 'award' for correctly blue flagging. A time lock isn't and I notice that still a lot of racers don't understand how Airio InSim works. If it gets too complicated, people give up.

Now you lost me there. What do you mean by "award for blue flags" and what is the complicated features that make people give up their attempts at something?
Have no money...I would just only need the class system and points to need for earning new class...Becuase we have planned about 20 different classes with 38 different cars. But now I just do something else.
Quote from EQ Worry :Now you lost me there. What do you mean by "award for blue flags" and what is the complicated features that make people give up their attempts at something?

Well..

People have to wait till race finishes but if someone showed proper blue flag handling I want to award those racers with the capability to always mid join a race.

Racers who have set a good PB doesn't necessarily have to be good in proper blue flag handling.

Quote :make people give up their attempts at something?

Lets make it short, locking a server on PB timing is deadly. I know it works on demo but that is just demo. Can't compare that with the real thing.

Too many cars, too many tracks. I want to promote that people try all cars, not prevent it.
Quote from cargame.nl :... if someone showed proper blue flag handling ...

Sorry, I still do not understand what is proper blue flag handling and how it could possibly be connected with race rejoins? By proper handling you mean the flagged drivers should be pitting/spectating? Well, in my view that would be a very weird definition.

Proper handling, I think, means let pass easily at the closest suitable place and be predictable, show clear intention of letting go and the side to take. But then there's no relation to race rejoins...
And what if I say there is a relation?

If you mid join a race you will get a lot of blue flags...
OMG, we should delete the last six posts at least, because it was pure confusion. Now I get what you meant, you were just explaining how a feature that we already agreed on could be used - by manually selecting people with unlimited rejoin capability...
Ah well, it keeps the thread alive
As it is coded now, no, it is not possible to raise/report blue flag earlier. Theoretically it could be done, e.g. based on lap/node difference, but I'm not sure how well it could work...
Too much of a hassle...

Clear.

I also think that it sometimes is beneficial anyway. That some drivers didn't even know that they are being overtaken by a much faster car.

LFS isn't designed for multiclass racing so I guess we have to accepted some problems.
Morning

Quote :It is now possible to specify in more detail what joining check will be ignored for certain limad levels.

---
Could you also include nationality information in un.txt and into !pi (or elsewhere) ?

If someone lags I check on LFSW from what country a racer is coming from and it could be handy if that information is available in game.

Alpha-2 code would be sufficient I guess; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1

Just a tiny amount of extra data but valuable. I also want to code league tables in the nearby future based on nationality. CTRA had it too.
Hm, right, actually the data where nationality (if specified) is shown are already downloaded in PROS version, so it is just a question of assigning them to people. The slight problem is the countries are written in full name, not ISO codes (which I would prefer), but maybe the name could fit into e.g. !pls output. I'll try...

AIRIO - Advanced LFS Tracker
(2384 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG