The online racing simulator
The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
Quote from AstroBoy :I cant seem to get it to work on my computer.
It keeps trying to update in steam, and then Rockstar social thing is like invalid thing or application.
Its annoying me. Ive played it once then its never worked again and have done all those trouble shooting things.
Maybe its just cause its XP.
Any help?

Anyone have any ideas?
The verifying game cache doesnt work either.
Got SP3?

Try validating GTA IV's NCF's using CF Toolbox, Steam sometimes doesn't validates files fully.

If any NCF is invalid, do following:

1. Right click on NCF, Correct
2. Validate again, if failed:
3. Right click -> Patches -> Make Archive
4. Post RAR'd .archive file here (it will be in Steam\SteamApps folder).
Attached files
CFToolbox.zip - 300.1 KB - 178 views
Here comes the :bump:

Great news! no, it has got nothing to do with the Dacia Sandero, but if you have a PS3 or PC, you can get the episodes from liberty city stories at the end of march!
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/106/1065007p1.html

Umm... better late than never. Count me in!
Yep, but with so much games coming out in this period, it will have to wait till i finish Heavy Rain, GOW III, Mafia II, Red Dead Redemption etc.. but it will be purchased, no doubt..
-
(AstroBoy) DELETED by AstroBoy
-
(Xaid0n) DELETED by Xaid0n : Found the reason ...
PC GTA IV Title Update 1.0.6.0 \ 1.0.5.1 \ 1.0.4.2 (Patch 6)
Source
Quote :We’re proud to announce a new title update is coming to owners of the original GTA IV PC that includes all the enhancements found in Episodes from Liberty City. The title update is now available for download through Games for Windows – Live. We will be hosting a downloadable version on our support site, will update with links when these become available. Thanks to all our fans for supporting us.

GTA IV Title Update 1.0.6.0 \ 1.0.5.1 \ 1.0.4.2 (Patch 6)

Rockstar Games Social Club

• Remove Rockstar Games Social Club application

• Separate RGSC application no longer required to launch game

• Social Club login now occurs during the launch process

Shadows

• A new, less memory-intensive, and better-looking scalable shadow solution has been implemented

• Enhanced Night Shadows added with user-selectable level of detail (replaces Shadow Density)

Performance

• Rendering optimizations have been made to improve performance, particularly when enabling shadows

• User-configurable graphics settings have been added for shadow control

• Improved memory management

Multiplayer

• Enhanced security to isolate users from cheaters and hackers

Episodic Content

• Provide in-game support to purchase "The Lost and Damned" and "The Ballad of Gay Tony" (Not available in Russian/Japanese Versions)

Bug Fixes

• Vehicle shadows re-enabled between 8pm and 6am

• Fix floating street textures

• Pedestrians in vehicles appear further out from the player to allow for long range sniping

• The Moon has been implemented with simulated lunar phases

• Fixed garbled text in Japanese Multiplayer menus

• "RESC 10" error fix for specific hardware configurations

:static:
Quote from BlackEye : Source

"- Improved memory management"

I've never seen so many buildings disappearing after a update as I'm seeing now. Pretty much everything is disappearing and randomly popping up when you look or get very close to it. 1.0.0.4 (5th) patch was better.

New shadows look good and very detailed on high or very high settings, but look seriously awful on medium and low settings.
New shadows are quite broken on my GTX 295 atleast. Before this patch only the building interior shadows flickered like they were meant to give seizures, now exterior shadows do the same.
This game is simple huge graphics fail... No matter what they 'do'.
Got the episodes for the PS3. Gonna finish TLAD story mode then move onto TBOGT. Bikes handle way better in TLAD. It is worth picking them over a car (if you find a decent one)
Bleh, I thought the list is to good to be true.
I didn't check it out yet, lack of free time - didn't even read responses in gtaforums.com.

Gonna buy DLC anyway, though
Had EFLC Thursday on the PC, completed TBOGT yesterday, now busy with TLAD, I liked TBOGT alot. Brilliant patch.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from brandons48 :I got Saints Row 2 the other day,

Now I need to get this and see which is better :3

Saints row is horrible. :S
Quote from BlackEye : Source

I just installed the game again, I go to run it and it just comes up with GTA IV File check error, and then crashes

Any help here?

Edit- Ok turns out I had a Scripthook.dll which was not needed, deleted it and it works!
Quote from lukelfs :I just installed the game again, I go to run it and it just comes up with GTA IV File check error, and then crashes

Any help here?

Edit- Ok turns out I had a Scripthook.dll which was not needed, deleted it and it works!

Oh, so you're one of them... That uses trainers and all sorts of ASI mods...

The new patch and EFLC are crap, read steam forums and GTA forums; It's slow, and more buggy then before.
Quote from Bose321 :Oh, so you're one of them... That uses trainers and all sorts of ASI mods...

The new patch and EFLC are crap, read steam forums and GTA forums; It's slow, and more buggy then before.

Well that was from my old installation, i installed the patch and the game doesnt run
Attached images
Error.jpg
Quote from lukelfs :Well that was from my old installation, i installed the patch and the game doesnt run

Still don't got it running? If so, remove the filecheckfix, you can now go online with modded files, so you do not need the filecheckfix.
Quote from Bose321 :Still don't got it running? If so, remove the filecheckfix, you can now go online with modded files, so you do not need the filecheckfix.

Thanks! works now, the patch gave me 8 FPS boost!

However these are taken not on my native resolution and all on medium settings

I will re do the benchmark at Auto Configure settings and post back tomorow!
Attached images
GTA IV after.jpg
GTA IV before.jpg
Quote from G!NhO :Saints row is horrible. :S

I have to disagree here. While the driving physics are certainly quite strange, it's over the top approach actually quite appealed to me. Not as classy as GTA4, but still very fun.
Yes well the driving bit already made me believe its a bad game.
Quote from ColeusRattus :I have to disagree here. While the driving physics are certainly quite strange, it's over the top approach actually quite appealed to me. Not as classy as GTA4, but still very fun.

I agree with this. While GTA looks nicer, and has better driving physics, Saints Row is simply a lot of fun. I never finished the game, and yesterday i started playing again with a friend in coop mode... it's pure fun! Had such a moment again where my character started singing along (the guy can't sing btw) to some old 80's love song playing in the radio... hillarious!

Quote from G!NhO :Yes well the driving bit already made me believe its a bad game.

There's jeeps tho...
Quote from jibber :I agree with this. While GTA looks nicer, and has better driving physics, Saints Row is simply a lot of fun. I never finished the game, and yesterday i started playing again with a friend in coop mode... it's pure fun! Had such a moment again where my character started singing along (the guy can't sing btw) to some old 80's love song playing in the radio... hillarious!

There's jeeps tho...

In gta 4 too.
I couldn't have any fun in Saints Row due to the horrible physics, driving just ruined everything. The action was also a bit too hollywoodish over the top for my taste too. If it had been released before GTA4, I might have had a different perspective to it.
Quote from Bose321 :Oh, so you're one of them... That uses trainers and all sorts of ASI mods...

Funny to see you say that.
Quote from nikopdr :Funny to see you say that.

Hehe, I admit yes, but only to protect myself against those idiots
So this is a stand alone release or does it require GTA4 to be present?

The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG