The online racing simulator
Quote from Bandit77 :(seriously, if you buy a license now, it is so freaking overpriced it hurts)

Now that is just blatant trolling. :thumbsdow
Quote from logitekg25 :opening the code to other people would not work, every programmer has a different way of doing things, and if you start having many people doing things all different ways, then it gets messy.

You're posting that on a forum that's powered by Apache httpd, PHP and MySQL, all of which are open source projects with thousands(!) of contributers
yes you right, i am just a noob coder anyways

also, we should seriously stop moaning and complaining, and putting pressure on him...we are acting like his boss (let me explain :schwitz

most people here face waking up in the morning and thinking how much this week, or today is going to suck, due to how much work they have to complete in an impossible deadline. how far deep you are submerged with work and how your boss is threatning you with your job.

scawen faces this every. single. day.

he has a ton of work to do in as little time as possible, he is constantly stressed, and under extreme pressure. all we do is moan, complain and pressure him; without even a simple thanks for what he has already given us -- just like a boss.

so before you basically make a spam post, and flame scawen, or insult how slow he is...just think, we are in the thread that he gave us the news that he is going to make the physics, and the game we have come to love so much even better

*puts on flame suit* *zipper gets stuck* *flame suit on for the most part*
Quote from logitekg25 :most people here face waking up in the morning and thinking how much this week, or today is going to suck, due to how much work they have to complete in an impossible deadline. how far deep you are submerged with work and how your boss is threatning you with your job.

Ehhh... he doesn't.

And that's the main reason for choosing his way of developing, I guess. There is no impossible deadline and he doesn't have a boss that could fire him.

Yes, there are a lot of moaners here but in the end he can (and apparently does) just ignore them.
Quote from logitekg25 :
most people here face waking up in the morning and thinking how much this week, or today is going to suck, due to how much work they have to complete in an impossible deadline. how far deep you are submerged with work and how your boss is threatning you with your job.

he has a ton of work to do in as little time as possible, he is constantly stressed, and under extreme pressure. all we do is moan, complain and pressure him; without even a simple thanks for what he has already given us -- just like a boss.

ok........
When does the vw scirroco come onto the game??
are YOU KIDDING me, nobody knows nobody tells thats it.
Click on my sig...
Quote from e.M :are YOU KIDDING me, nobody knows nobody tells thats it.

so probably soon... nobody cares but some fanbois
And the thing gets interesting. (about the greek thing above :schwitz

Wait until I set my PB's driving after a bottle of Johnnie Walker, then you can release the new tyre physics, Scawen. - Because I did almost everything in this game except this AND playing while... "doing"..

Btw I brought S1/S2 to help you to continue the progress and pass the Z28. It was a year ago, but hell I don't really care. It's always the same story: LFS gets boring, then I try another Sim, then I realize how awesome LFS is, especially when it's compared to any other Sims that I can play only with a mouse and a keyboard... And then, here I am, back to LFS doing my old drink and drive challenge. (Yeah I'm still trying, but now offline.. i really dont understand why some ppl gets annoyed about drunk drivers in LFS! somehow they take it too seriously :shrug

And before you ask: why I drink and play LFS? Because If i do this IRL i'd spill my drink... duh! ":/
Also I can't get my S2 License suspended for DUI , even in cruise servers... I mean, if it takes that long to release an interior, i couldn't expect for this anytime soon. (it was a joke, don't kill me guys)
and yeah this is the most off-topic post ever in this thread
Quote from Scawen :
My work rate has not been very high these few months, I admit. For a while I seemed to fix something, it started to look good then on further investigation and analysis, another problem showed up. That kind of stumbling block caused me to take a break while I tried to get my head around it, to try another approach. The new approach might work or might not and I needed to think again. In those thinking times I didn't just sit here pushing myself until i came up with answers, instead I just sorted out other things unrelated to LFS. At this point in life in am not motivated to sort of sit there and pull my hair out and bang my head against a wall until the solution appears, I'd prefer to just do something else, running the problem over in my mind until I know what do do. That way I can make progress gradually without the frustration that can be experienced by someone who is stuck but needs to produce solutions in a given time.

Scawen, I think you and I are very much alike You just summed up my own experience to a "T."

Do what you need to do and don't let everybody get you down. Development is hard enough without all the negativity. I feel ya, bro
Thanks for letting us know whats going on Scawen. I do wish things were more like the old days where you would do a bit then release it then tweak it accordingly. That way we got to see the game evolve and felt a part of it. I understand you cant release a physics patch with a major flaw but I think it was said that even now its a huge improvement over the old model. Anyway I check the forum everyday for hope of the patch and hope it's sooner rather than later we get to try it. Keep up the good work there are fantastic times ahead for lfs.
Last time i logged in on the forums in May 2009. I hoped to see new patch :P
Eh, i got time to wait, but my money will not wait forever to buy S3. Of course, thanks Scawen for news (i readed some pages). I will wait. Now i will go to enjoy life and school . And other games. I hope that you will release patch in the middle of 2010!

Of course i know that programming is hard. I am game modder, (Painkiller Resurrection) it's not that hard as LFS but it take me long time to learn LUA scripts in PainEditor. I Understand also how hard this work is! Keep it up! Good work! I will wait!

Regards.
Quote from Maniek007 : Keep it up! Good work! I will wait!

Funny thing is, everyone will wait, if they want it or not.
Scawen, physics in the simulation will never be perfect, focus on other things that are missing this game, which are very necessary, pls...
But still the physics are the most important part of the sim. Do you want to force him to scrap all the work done and go on?
No, I want to spare himself and us.
Saved from the charmed circle, which has no exit.
But that's all you need in a driving simulator - good physics.
Of course, that physics should be improving, but unfortunately it's like to finally solve the pi.
Quote from tristancliffe :But that's all you need in a driving simulator - good physics.

No, we need and others details that go with racing...
LFS is racing simulation, no driving simulation...
At least it was...
But to race cars you need to drive. The other stuff is less important. Not unimportant, but less important. If you concentrate on the other stuff you end up with Gran Turismo or rFactor - duds.

Scawen is right to concentrate on the physics.

Why not edit your posts when you think of something new?

pi has been solved to a large degree of accuracy - poor analogy.
Quote from tristancliffe :But to race cars you need to drive. The other stuff is less important. Not unimportant, but less important. If you concentrate on the other stuff you end up with Gran Turismo or rFactor - duds.

Scawen is right to concentrate on the physics.

My first post in the series started with Scawen, noth with Tristan.
This thread is closed

[OLD] Tyre Physics Progress Report
(4434 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG