The online racing simulator
Quote from r4ptor :Why not add a light or two within the car?

(thats of cause while assuming that u don't have pitch black materials in there)
Quote from r4ptor :

(thats of cause while assuming that u don't have pitch black materials in there)

Already tried that, in a normal scene, with normal vray light planes, it all looks normal. When I add lights inside, the rest of the car lights up, not the inside. and the materials aren't black.
Quote from Bose321 :Already tried that, in a normal scene, with normal vray light planes, it all looks normal. When I add lights inside, the rest of the car lights up, not the inside. and the materials aren't black.

Can you add a non-VRay light and see if that does anything?

If the mats aren't black, and u can see the interior in a different scene then you might have enabled or disabled something you shouldn't have - double check your light settings incl. any setting related to the windows and interiors, or re-create the scene. I can't be more specific about 3DS stuff

Edit: hide/delete the windows temporarily and do a render. Does that change anything? If not then u defo have messed something up.
make sure if the texture applied to the interior,and try thicken the windows,it made lot of difference for me in any way.
Quote from r4ptor :Edit: hide/delete the windows temporarily and do a render. Does that change anything? If not then u defo have messed something up.

I removed the windows, and everything looks normal again...

Quote from e2mustang :make sure if the texture applied to the interior,and try thicken the windows,it made lot of difference for me in any way.

Explain, I don't see how that can help.
Quote from Bose321 :I removed the windows, and everything looks normal again...

Ok, thats some good progress. See if there is anything with the window material or the mesh settings, that could cause the light not to enter. It could be anything really and since I don't use 3DS, I can only guess - could be stuff like GI light depth being set to 0, or windows not visible to GI or anything like that.

A simple way to test the material - simply apply a default material and make it transparent.
Yep, transparent standard material looks better. Preview below.
Attached images
preview.jpg
Quote from Bose321 :Explain, I don't see how that can help.

well if u go back few pages u will see what can it do.
Quote from Bose321 :Yep, transparent standard material looks better. Preview below.

I had you on my last msn but it was hacked, now add my new one and send me your scene, I think I can solve your problem but I don't know how to explain it here.
New Brakelights and exhaust. (made by me)

Next step: new hood.
Attached images
Orange fire edition test.jpg
Rearlights look like theyr off of some UFO Space Ship, and Exhaust should be on other side aswell.
Wohuhuhu... FXO without brakes is more fun than with! Sorry I forget it to add in Render.
Sorry for offtopic, but i found something pretty interesting. I dunno where to post it, because it's not an LFS vid, but it's about rendering. And if i post somewhere deep in the offtopic, then nobody will check it .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHD8Xf5Rnvo&feature=fvw

If it disturbe you, then ask a moderator to remove, replace it.
Cheers
OMFG. Thats the just ehm, its just OMFG. ---> Favorites.
all 3d guys should know him already. hes simply.. the best..
Newest render, black interior problem I had before fixed due to some incorrect settings which Leonardo fixed.
Attached images
renderHDRI.jpg
Quote from bmwe30m3 :Rearlights look like theyr off of some UFO Space Ship, and Exhaust should be on other side aswell.

Thats the idea with the brakelights...Exhaust on the other side? think on the chrysler Neon (old).. Original exahust is like my exhaust, when u put a Muffler the exhast change side. That´s the idea...

Thx
Quote from Bose321 :Newest render, black interior problem I had before fixed

Is the reflection on the sidewindow pixelated, or are you using some weird map? It was like that before too.
Quote from r4ptor :Is the reflection on the sidewindow pixelated, or are you using some weird map? It was like that before too.

It's pixelated for some reason, no idea why.

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG