The online racing simulator
Why don't you actually HELP?
(100 posts, started )
lastnight a DJ saved my life.
Well at start, ask in the appropiate way...probably you'll get decent answer also!
Quote from Da Fish :I gotta agree with you, I sometimes hesitate with the mouse over a thread wondering how many flames and downputtings are going to be in it.

Long live intelligent answers. It's not big and it's most definitely not clever!!

Sadly i do the same thing some times in the Improvement Suggestions thread

OP
I`m agree with brandon, Lately they are to much "kids" ( For not calling Ass*holes) that the answer to certain theme is a picture or some phrase with a flame sarcasm or stupid reply denigrating to the op th ( Like the 70% of the ppl in this th with stupid answers)

LFS comunity is sinking with this type of answer to demo users or s2 users, this is like a flame war of "Who have the biggest ForumEpenissarcasmsnanswers".That a helpful community to ppl in the forum
Good luck telling that to the 41 513 ppl in this forum. :banana:

To be honest... This thread doens't convince me to "help every single one in this forum''. So,/me expects flaming! :banana:
I feel this was bound to happen to this forum when LFS gained popularity. LFS was mostly played be old men with flat caps, portly bellies and grey beards. As it started filtering out that this game is great for "DORITO!" more and more idiots have started to crop up.

There is something about a proxy of anonymity that causes normally nice and polite people to turn into utter prats.
There are good and bad forum users here, as in every forum, the former know who the latter are, and the latter just dont care, or don't realise what fools they look like most of the time with the childish stupid banter.

Other forums I belong to have much stricter rules and alot of the stuff that goes on here would not be tolerated.

Personally I try to ignore the fools and keep positive and helpfull to newcomers, as its all good for lfs in the long run.

SD.
Quote from Gener_AL (UK) :....

I read your post twice but I still don't understand why you highlighted my post and how it is relevant to what you said. :hide:
I just get the feeling that unless the rules are tightened up, we may see the more worthy and knowledgable amongst drift away and be left with pointless flames and comments, that are neither helpful or worth spending time to type/read.
Another one with a lifetime ban.

You really are a seven year old moron or not, Jordan2007?
Sorry brandson, but it's nearly a useless thread imo.
You can NOT change a whole community, where the ACTIVE members average age is ~ 13 yr.
I understand your point, and i agree with that, but sadly no chance to make idiots help others .

Cheers
And this forum does have a search function too. So explaining the most simpliest things to every new Jack, Tom and Harry who happened to find LFS would be just waste of someones time, over and over again.
That's why I usually just ignore such threads, but I do think "You're an idiot" reply every now and then is only a good thing. If even one person starts using his/her own brains thanks to that, it already makes this forum more intelligent place, at least a bit.
Quote from ASR Sanchez :Sorry brandson, but it's nearly a useless thread imo.
You can NOT change a whole community, where the ACTIVE members average age is ~ 13 yr.
I understand your point, and i agree with that, but sadly no chance to make idiots help others .

Cheers

Not all the young ones are bad you know. (Me for example)

But, yes, I know what you mean. Most don't seem to think about others on the internet and think they're bulletproof when sitting behind a computer monitor. I know I won't be able to change the whole community, i'm not trying to, I was just hoping that people would read this thread and maybe, just maybe, some of them would try a little bit harder to help people.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :There is something about a proxy of anonymity that causes normally nice and polite people to turn into utter prats.

My brief forays into iRacing's own members-only forum tell me that either this argument is fallacious or roughly half the community is racing with fake names.
Quote from cargame.nl :Another one with a lifetime ban.

You really are a seven year old moron or not, Jordan2007?

I admit i act like a 7 year old moron, I have to also admit i have a laugh when i come on here, its very entertaining.
I'm almost 16.
It's too late to say this, but i shouldn't of came onto this forum. I have wrecked some parts of the community. There is always Dickheads on places like this. You cant really stop them from entering.
Example, even if i do get banned.. I'l just buy another account.

Cargame the only reason i was banned, was because we had a few races with AI's in. [Was pretty funny People shouting at AI's]
You had the choice of letting us Add Ai's and your insim did not stop us. Not exactly my fault?
Your server is good though, I Had some amazing races on there.
Quote from Jordan2007 :Cargame the only reason i was banned, was because we had a few races with AI's in. [Was pretty funny People shouting at AI's]
You had the choice of letting us Add Ai's and your insim did not stop us. Not exactly my fault?
Your server is good though, I Had some amazing races on there.

Doing something that you KNOW is going to disturb a server just because you think it's funny IS your fault. You can't blame every server owner for not having thought of every little thing idiots might do for a laugh.

YOU chose to do this. YOU live with the consequeces. Don't try saying it's not your fault becuase that is just pathetic.

You are also banned from IHR servers, I believe it was for doing the very same thing. Not a quick learner are you?
Jordan, I remember your time starting off on the forum. Mine was childish, but yours was insane!
And this is how it starts.
Quote from brandons48 :Not all the young ones are bad you know. (Me for example)

But, yes, I know what you mean. Most don't seem to think about others on the internet and think they're bulletproof when sitting behind a computer monitor. I know I won't be able to change the whole community, i'm not trying to, I was just hoping that people would read this thread and maybe, just maybe, some of them would try a little bit harder to help people.

I know that not all the young users are bad, I've just gave you an example, why this community is so bad...(I know 22-30 yr old idiots too ). BTW Here: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=66778 I have found a few interested things about forum, community, admins, and etc.
Sometimes I do help...

But honestly, they are sitting there at a computer, on the internet.
Why should I be so worried about helping them, when they don't care about helping them self?

I am REALLY doubting these people have never heard of google.
I use google a lot, and am admittedly better at drudging up random info then the average person, but lets you your example...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+take+a+screen+shot
If he did not know how to take a screen shot, he could just type "how to take a screen shot" in google and get thousands of pages of instructions... with relevant clear instructions on the first page.

If he realized these were just for windows, and he wanted to learn how in LFS all he needs to do is add "in LFS" on the end.
Again, first page... complete instructions.

This is the easiest thing possible, and probably the most famous website on the internet. It does not require any creativity or any special skills... Simply the initiative to take a second to figure it out.
So why is it my responsibility to help people who can not be bothered to even attempt to help them self?
Only partly relevant. Print screen is far from optimal, and a 3rd party application is a waste of effort. There's a specific screenshot keybind in LFS that automatically saves into a known folder, I don't see the instructions for this on the first page of your link Though, looking it up from the documentation that comes with LFS, or from lfsmanual.net is neither hard nor time consuming.
Quote from brandons48 :the behaviour of some members of the community

Precisely why I rarely visit or post, why I gave up trying to help with lots of things around here.

There's a phrase that says you can't polish a turd[1]. The visible LFS community has become a big steaming turd and no amount of elbow grease or bees wax is going to fix that now. Bad behaviour has become ingrained and accepted - and I'll admit that I'm just as guilty as anyone else about that. Whilst some of my old posts were very funny, and well directed (in my opinion), they were ****ing rude and realistically they should never have been allowed.

Several years ago I was told that by new LFS'er that he'd never come across such an arrogant bunch of whining ****s in all his life. This view was reflected across a lot of the sim community. I saw LFS as being a bit noisy, but generally not that bad. Now if I think a lot of the loud voices are arseholes, I don't even want to know what the rest of the sim community thinks.

[1] Mythbusters did prove that you can polish selected turds, but lets ignore this for the purposes of this post.
Quote from the_angry_angel :Precisely why I rarely visit or post, why I gave up trying to help with lots of things around here.

There's a phrase that says you can't polish a turd[1]. The visible LFS community has become a big steaming turd and no amount of elbow grease or bees wax is going to fix that now. Bad behaviour has become ingrained and accepted - and I'll admit that I'm just as guilty as anyone else about that. Whilst some of my old posts were very funny, and well directed (in my opinion), they were ****ing rude and realistically they should never have been allowed.

I also have to admit that it now takes effort to actually visit the forums these days. I've never been one for posting much, but I have enjoyed reading the forums, especially any that include technical insight, but I do find these days with update threads still being alive months after they are posted, but filled with insults, being a war between the "fanbois" and the "whiners" I cba;tbh.

I actually welcome people on the forum asking for help, it kinda distracts from the trolling and flaming going on.
+1

Why don't you actually HELP?
(100 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG