The online racing simulator
Quote from gtpsharky :You said the physics of the objects are better than the physics of the cars, which is a load of crock. You then went on to say that GT5 is nothing more than an "extravagant screenshot generator", which is also a load of BS. Do you own an Xbox, by any chance?

GT2 was the best racing game on the PS1, but of the series... no. That's a tossup between 3 and 4.

Yes i have a xbox 360 and a ps3, so?

And yes GT5 is what i called , and you can compare videos of physiscs about gt5 and you gona see what i see and played, so you are wrong calling me "Troll"

I speak the thrut, GT5 aim to screenshot generator, when in GT5P have the same shitty physics as gt4 ( for the moment )

And think two times before you call someon troll, when you are trolling about what is saying everyone about gt5
Quote from ACCAkut :...snip...

If only 70% of the market will be playing with the game pad, how many of that 70% will actually be using the professional physics option? Did size of the population make the professional driving physics not a priority? Yet PD still implemented the option to switch between standard and professional physics for the minority to accommodate the market. If the size of the population should determine the priorities of GT5's aspects, then it was a waste of time updating the physics. Much of GT5's market are not avid sim racers. They would be content with eye-candy. If that is the case then Inouva is correct that GT5 is just a screen shot generator.

The reason steering ratios should be a priority is it will help the cars feel more like their real life counterparts. It should be an option available to those who want it just like the professional physics is an option for those who want it.
Quote from legoflamb :If only 70% of the market will be playing with the game pad, how many of that 70% will actually be using the professional physics option? D

I will, and I do.
Quote from Inouva :Yes i have a xbox 360 and a ps3, so?

And yes GT5 is what i called , and you can compare videos of physiscs about gt5 and you gona see what i see and played, so you are wrong calling me "Troll"

I speak the thrut, GT5 aim to screenshot generator, when in GT5P have the same shitty physics as gt4 ( for the moment )

And think two times before you call someon troll, when you are trolling about what is saying everyone about gt5

did you try the Time trial that was released at the end of last year?
Feels nothing like GT4 or GT5:P, and it's been improved even more since then. It felt a lot better and more complex than GTR Evolution to me.
Better force feedback, weight transfer and suspension movement, low speed physics the best in any GT game so far etc

as it says
Quote :
That was the indy time trial for the GT Academy comp. Was put together solely for that purpose and is no reflection of how the game will be. I got to the national finals and they had a few additional tracks to race on with those cars - Fuji, Daytona Road and then the TT from the demo - car felt a lot better. Other European regional finalists got to race on the Nürburgring the lucky sods although they did have an unrealistic drafting to contend with - such to the point that it was re-coded and removed for our final. The Irish finalist - Dan Collins fared very well at the GT Academy, Silverstone. He made it to the final 4. They drove(and raced) r35 gtr's, 370z's, race prepped 350z's, single seaters and karts - which makes nismoe sad he didn't get there

You also see and hear all the subtle differences in the replay as far as how the car moves and sound

Tuned 370z
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XvksBfIG8k
Normal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8V2lyJ27Vg
Anyone else think that the damage was an utter waste of time? Just look at it... it's pathetic. PS1 games like Colin McRae Rally 1 and 2 had better damage than this. What a waste of the developer's time.
Quote from brandons48 :Anyone else think that the damage was an utter waste of time? Just look at it... it's pathetic. PS1 games like Colin McRae Rally 1 and 2 had better damage than this. What a waste of the developer's time.

I agree lol, I personally dont care about damage unless its like wheels break off etc. not the puny damage that u get in GT5/Forza3 lol
Quote from brandons48 :Anyone else think that the damage was an utter waste of time? Just look at it... it's pathetic. PS1 games like Colin McRae Rally 1 and 2 had better damage than this. What a waste of the developer's time.

This is for road and street cars. Race cars will have the full monty damage
there will probably be more race cars in GT5 than many sims combined

At PD

The real thing

Quote from Inouva :Yes i have a xbox 360 and a ps3, so?

GT4 has shitty physics? The physics in both 4 and 5P seem pretty good to me - sure the physics system isn't perfect but nothing ever is... have you even played a GT game? I own 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5P, so I think I'm quite qualified to comment on how the physics in GT games feel.

Now I'm the one trolling? I'm not the one saying that - in effect - PD can't make a physics engine that isn't shit and that 5 will serve no other purpose than to be an expensive bit of eye-candy...
Quote from gtpsharky :GT4 has shitty physics? The physics in both 4 and 5P seem pretty good to me - sure the physics system isn't perfect but nothing ever is... have you even played a GT game? I own 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5P, so I think I'm quite qualified to comment on how the physics in GT games feel.

Now I'm the one trolling? I'm not the one saying that - in effect - PD can't make a physics engine that isn't shit and that 5 will serve no other purpose than to be an expensive bit of eye-candy...

There wass a video on ytb showin what i`m saying

If i find hin i post it here
Quote from gtpsharky :GT4 has shitty physics? The physics in both 4 and 5P seem pretty good to me - sure the physics system isn't perfect but nothing ever is... have you even played a GT game? I own 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5P, so I think I'm quite qualified to comment on how the physics in GT games feel.

I own them all and GT4s physics is rubbish, expecially compared to Forza 2 or 3.
I've owned them all, and the physics aren't GT's highpoint.

That said, GT1 was groundbreaking in terms of console physics, but it seems PD have never really riden the wave as things have improved in other games.
Quote from CoolColJ :This is for road and street cars. Race cars will have the full monty damage
there will probably be more race cars in GT5 than many sims combined

Why is that? There are more street cars (mostly Skylines) in GT5 than race cars (I assume), so why haven't they focused on them instead?
If EA get permission to aboslutely slaughter exotics with hideous bodykits AND damage, why can't PD atleast have some better damage?
Quote from brandons48 :Why is that? There are more street cars (mostly Skylines) in GT5 than race cars (I assume), so why haven't they focused on them instead?
If EA get permission to aboslutely slaughter exotics with hideous bodykits AND damage, why can't PD atleast have some better damage?

More to do with the modelling of race cars I think. All the race cars have all the engines and internal parts modelled, so when panels and bonnets get smashed and ripped open, you'll see all the details properly.

---

speaking of race cars - Super GT cars at Fuji demo action

The Tom's SC430 is human controlled, the rest AI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PaFGf6mT3w
I really don't give a sh*t about visual damage, i just hope they did mechanical damage right, and that there will be tyre wear and tear.. so we can finally have proper racing in a GT game.. the physics in GT academy demo were really realistic enough, especially good was sense of weight and FF..
Do not get the 'joke'..
Quote from Boris Lozac :I really don't give a sh*t about visual damage, i just hope they did mechanical damage right, and that there will be tyre wear and tear.. so we can finally have proper racing in a GT game.. the physics in GT academy demo were really realistic enough, especially good was sense of weight and FF..

All cars have extensive mechanical damage, straight from Kaz's mouth, even aerodynamic "damage" as noted by the people who played the SLS demo -> damage front bumper = front end lifting up when you go over 140kph
Translated as horse prancing American dragster

Tyre wear was in GT4, accelerated though, but from an article from a year ago by a French mag that visited PD, tyre wear now depends on how you drive and temperature of the rubber

The thing is, in real life, say at Le Mans, they were doing 1 hour stints on a set of tyres, so it's probably not an issue for most sprint races...

Arta NSX in action at Indy

Quote :Replay of Honda ARTA NSX GT500 2006 (Super GT) using a Driving force GT, pro physics and no aids (I think ABS is set on 1). Track is Indianapolis Road Course. There were only 8 cars on track but i'm positive we'll see more on final release.

Transmission : Manual
Active Steering : Off
Driving Physics : Professional
Active Stability Management (ASM) : Off
Traction control (TCS) : 0
Driviong line : Off
Front Tires : R2 (set by default)
Rear Tires : R2 (set by default)

Feelings seemed to be somewhere between GT5 Prologue and GT5 Time Trial Demo.

Video recorded from 1080i Bravia screen, in 1280x720p@60fps with a Panasonic TZ7.

No custom soundtrack in this demo. Background noise recorded by the camera was quite annoying, so I switched to an other track using Youtube's audioswap function. You still can turn off sound.

This demo isn't related to "GT5 Demo Collection". It doesn't differ from 2010 Las Vegas CES demo. I have no clue on what "GT5 Demo Collection" actually is.

Graphics dont seems to have improved since Cologne/TimeTrial Demo and there are still minor bugs. I think we can expect some improvements for final release.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjpmC6q0vao
And some guy playing the SLS at the Ring demo
pro physics, minimal traction control, no aids, S2 sport tyres
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4R6nRdtP3k

Quote :Replay of Sébasten Loeb in his 2008 C4 WRC on Tokyo R246.

Some details : wires on the body and that big "thing" behind his helmet. No possible mistake, it really is the dude. He is wearing his official Sabelt suit. His eyes are actually following trajectory and are even blinking. Subtle head movements. But his face stay still, so no facial emotions (yet ?).

Note : first time we see gloves that aren't from Sparco. So sponsors, names and faces of WRC drivers will feature in GT5. It doesn't imply all drivers, like Super GT or D1GP drivers, will have their faces or names in GT5. So The Stig, if his presence is confirmed ingame, might wear is actual helmet, gloves and combi. Since is suit is the Stig trademark, a Stig with Arai helmet and Sparco combi wouldn't be very convincing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xz7PFHsJJ8
I couldn't care less about damage, tbh. From the sounds of it you guys are expecting Grand Theft Auto IV-style damage where doors and bonnets come off, wheels take on huge camber when damaged, glass blows out etc - but does GT actually need that sort of damage? No, it doesn't. I'd be more concerned if there was something fundamentally wrong with the actual gameplay than what's mostly just a visual effect...
Quote from CoolColJ :And some guy playing the SLS at the Ring demo
pro physics, minimal traction control, no aids, S2 sport tyres
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4R6nRdtP3k

It still behaves like old grand turismo......no matter how badly you smash the brakes before entry and totally mess up the load distribution, it still turns in perfectly......?
Quote from JJ72 :It still behaves like old grand turismo......no matter how badly you smash the brakes before entry and totally mess up the load distribution, it still turns in perfectly......?

It does have traction control on though, but i agree.. there's never any twitchiness, cars just dive a bit under braking, and then turn in normally, the tail never gets loose.. but we can't tell for sure from this GOD DAMN bumper camera... i don't get it, EVERY GT5 video, it's the freakin bumper camera..
ABS is on - it's set to 1 by default out of 10

Even in GT5 Prologue, with ABS set to 1, some cars will get really unstable under brakes - ie like the GT-R and Ford GT. It just depends on the car and suspension settings etc. Makes it quite dicey on the first 2 turns at Suzuka in a GT-R. It doesn't like heavy trail braking

I thought some of you have GT5:P?

Even in GT4 a lot of the cars, especially the mid engine ones didn't like braking into a turn, or on S curves
Every car is different in GT, and there are a lot of cars

Off course nothing like Enthusia style oversteer on braking and lift off no matter what the car... but that too me was unrealistic
@coolcolJ

Are those experiences with a game pad thumb stick coolcolJ? From my experiences with GT4 and GT5P with my wheel, the cars all have under-steer or are extremely stable in extreme situations while on the brakes. However, the mid-engine cars were the ones that had better preformance while trail-braking because the front tires actually did not push as they do in other cars.

On another note but also about GT5's physics, I noticed recovery from light wall-bumps was much easier in GT Time Trial. The weight transfer felt less conditional as it has in the previous games. In GT5P, while driving on High Speed Ring, if there was a little rough contact with the barrier in T1, the car became uncontrollable for a few seconds after contact with said barrier. The car almost entirely unpredictable.

I can only imagine this has gotten better since.

Gran Turismo 5
(7732 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG